ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM471 and London Bus Day in MAnchester

I picked up RM471 from the BusWorks in Blackpool and she loooks wonderful. On the way back I visited the Mortlake Bus Garage event at the Manchester Museum of Transport. A great and very well organised occassion. Some pictures on the ROOF website, click Return to Website above. The journey home was uneventful. Good to get the bus back. RM471 and RM2213 will be in use at the Nene Valley Railway's 1960s weekend this Saturday and Sunday, 25th & 26th April. See you there?

My bus number (if any): RM471 and RM2213

Re: RM471 and London Bus Day in MAnchester

Superb event, An uncanny similarity to Mortlake garage the floor, the roof the shiny buses. Even the parking layout. Excellent

My bus number (if any): Undisclosed but in London

Re: RM471 and London Bus Day in MAnchester

Many thanks to Chris for his very kind comments about the event at Manchester. We are now back down to one RM (1414) since Gerry and the gang with 406 set off yesterday teatime for the ferry from Liverpool. The spaces occupied by the 'Mortlake' vehicles were claimed back Sunday evening by our provincial buses which had been ousted for the day (well, since Saturday evening!). We had just under 500 visitors through the door on the day (despite the weather)which in part is down to getting an article about the event in the Manchester Evening News on last Friday.
As well as Chris with 471 and Gerry with 406 being visitors from outside the region we had a few others who travelled some distance with their vehicles to attand the event - many thanks to you all

Mark Prescott
GMTS - Museum of Transport, Manchester

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of!