ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM471, original registration

I'm trying to trace the original registration for this bus, WLT 471. I believe that when RM471 was scrapped by Kelvin Scottish, the registration was transferred to a Western Scottish Volvo coach and I have seen a picture of the registration number on this vehicle.

I'd be grateful for any information on it's present whereabouts. It is not, as I had been told, on a Stagecoach vehicle but may be on retention by bus company in the Stagecoach group.

Thanks in advance if anyone can assist.

My bus number (if any): RM471 and RM2213

Re: RM471, original registration

Chris
An application to the DVLA will tell you who has the plate now. If its available for reclamation, David Thrower will be able to advise on the process. The problem will be if somebody is keeping it for future use or sale, once people lnow that you are after it, as one BL owner found, the price of buying even an obscure plate can get ridiculous.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RML 2667, an RMC and now RM 1585 as well

Chris,

I have found the following information regarding WLT471:

Vehicle Registration Mark WLT471
Make FORD
Model PUMA 1.7 16V
Transmission & fuel type MANUAL 5 GEARS PETROL
Body Type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour BLACK

The vehicle was made in 2001 and is taxed until 31st August 2008.

Hope this helps your search,

Best wishes,

Mike

My bus number (if any): RM2186

Prehaps Chris ment VLT471?
Regards
Mick

My bus number (if any): RM110

RM 471 was WLT 471 Michael, the VLTs only went up to 300. Its clear that the plate has been sold on no doubt for a few bob and and is now on someones car. What a shame.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RML 2667, an RMC and now RM 1585 as well