ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bus hire nation wide

We have a number of enquires on a daily basis and currently work with many operators throughout the UK who currently have vintage buses for hire and reward

We are looking for any operator in the Dorset area with a Routemaster or any other vintage bus for hire and reward that would like to be added to our contact list for hire work

If you have a bus that is legal to carry passengers ie Tachograph fitted class 6 mot and you have an operators licence we would be happy to talk with you with the view of passing work your way

We are only interested in Operators with all the correct licences.
I can be contacted at routemaster-bus.co.uk or limobusnortheast.co.uk

My bus number (if any): 875

Re: Bus hire nation wide

Hi just arrived back off a section of our summer tour with rm875 Newcastle to London then London to Stratford upon Avon and noticed a bit of a discussion going on over on the other channel ref. my posting I would have responded on there but it seems that Alan has locked the thread in his attempt to censor all things Gordon lea
Can I clarify I run a business not a charity and what is offered is hire work for vintage buses
The operator would have to provide to Routemaster-bus.co.uk proof of operator’s status prior to our company routemaster-bus.co.uk booking any hire for our clients.
The operator’s fee would be what you the operator would normally charge I am not expecting for the operator to work for nothing. Nether would I expect the operator to think I was working for nothing
Routemaster-bus.co.uk will charge their clients a fee for the hire, which will include profit for routemaster-bus for handling the booking

I hope this clarifies what has been offered
Regards
Gordon Lea
www.routemaster-bus.co.uk

My bus number (if any): rm875

Thanks for 'clarifying' things . we can assume then the bus operator sets his own fee for the hire of their bus and then pays you a 'booking/arrangement' fee for the 'hire' . Could you possibly advise us what your current 'booking/arrangement' fee is at present as this will have a bearing on what the bus operator will have to charge to 1) cover the cost of the hire and 2)make a profit on the hire , which of course its all about !
Thanks

Mark I think you have misread the posting the operator will charge me at the rate they would normally charge I would then charge my client accordingly
No fees will be payable by the operator to me.

My bus number (if any): rm875

I am a bus operator (international) on the Dorset/Somerset border near Sherborne and have Routemasters RMA65 and RMA62.

My area covers the whole of the south-west and further afield on occasion, and I'm willing to consider all kinds of PCV and promotional work.

My bus number (if any): RMA65, RMA62

It's a shame that the posting on the other channel was locked as it was rather interesting.
One particular entry explained quite clearly how and 'agent' operates and it would be well worth anyone considering such a way of operating read and understand it.

I presume that this is what Gordon is trying to say. That he will act as an agency.
Which as long as all the contracts and terms are very clear is not a bad thing.

My bus number (if any): none at present

Thanks again Gordon , I've read it again and see where you're coming from !

The operator charges an appropriate fee for the hire and you add your agency fee on top of this to the customer's bill.

I assume the customer then pays you in full , you deduct your fee and pass on the rest to the operator ?

Is your fee a set ammount or is it a % on top of the operators total charge , just wondering as I'm interested to know how much this puts up the customer's final bill by ?

Thanks