ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dent Removal

Hi,
This link is for a website that has a lot of general interest videos. This one in particular came in very handy.
Regards
Mick
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-fix-your-car-dent-with-a-hair-dryer-127450/

My bus number (if any): RM110

Re: Dent Removal

It may work on lightly dented steel car panels but that method will not work on aluminium alloy exterior bus panels Michael.

This may not be a lsting solution for car either, once weakened any pressure on that damaged area will often produce that dent again.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RML 2667, an RMC and now RM 1585 as well

Re: Dent Removal

I once saw a Routemaster (number escapes me) where the proud owner had completely stripped it with a heat gun. Every panel was badly rippled and it looked bloody awful! It had then been prime etched, undercoated and topcoated to a high standard but nothing short of a complete repanelling could have made good the blemishes. No doubt about it - aly panels and heat just don't mix.