ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML 2523 for sale on Ebay........ or is it

A fire damaged RML is for sale on Ebay Item 280253048185. However it would seem that its not actually RML 2523 which is for sale. RML 2523 was not an ex Q bus nor branded for route 12, add that to the fact that RML 2523 has been reported intact elsewhere and not for sale it would seem it really isn't RML 2523 at all. The mystery is confounded by the fact that although it maybe a harmless typo, the number plates have been deliberately covered in the photos on eBay as is the bonnet number suggesting it may not be a typo after all. So just why is this badly damaged and IMO totally overpriced bus at £5K+ being being passed off as another bus, or is it just an error? It is stated that the fire was quickly put out, however the roof has completely gone as has most of the rear dome, the fact that lower saloon windows were broken suggests the interfloor may have received some damage from heat and the whole structure of the lower saloon ceiling must be suspect.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RML 2667, an RMC and now RM 1585 as well

Re: RML 2523 for sale on Ebay........ or is it

Seems to have been a harmless typo, the bus for sale is actually RML 2513. Still not sure why it was necesaary to cover the registration plates up in the photos.

The Photos show 2513 on the bonnet.

It looks like RM1368 could end up with a longer sister!

My bus number (if any): none at present

The story so far........This was posted as RML 2523 and there was no bonnet photo and the reg plates were covered over. Then the real owner of RML 2523 on another forum said his bus was OK and not for sale, this led to suspicion in certain quarters as to what was going on and quite rightly which RML this really was, so I asked them amd they said it was an typing error and added the the cab panel shot. This bus was the one bought by the BBC and seen on Top Gear, maybe that is why they were not keen on revealing its identity during its transit to the sake site.

that of course should have read SALE site

One longer sister of RM1368
http://www.skylineaviation.co.uk/buses/+CUV-284C.jpg
ta da!

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414