ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM used for promotion in France for GEMO

GEMO a big clothing retailer (like C&A) with stores throughout France has used a Routemaster bus for their back to school promotion leaflets and posters. The campaign had a UK theme and contained a number of shots including kids playing cricket, that were certainly not taken in France. The bus is in original condition with original lighting and rear lights, it has a multi-slat platform not slats, See here http://www.gemo.fr/fr/depliant18.htm (20.htm) shows the interior view)
The seats have lost their leather trim and it has black poster giving seating capacity on the platform riser. All I can tell from the photos is that its an RM in the 500 series with original WLT plate and 159 blinds............ RM 506 or 531 perhaps?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 14 RTs

Re: RM used for promotion in France for GEMO

Hi Brian - certainly not the current 531 as this is the pride and joy of Mr Steve Anderson in the North West.

My bus number (if any): RML2747 @ DD6

I can confirm it isn't my bus. There aren't many 500 series buses left, most were scrapped. The majority of runners are now in Canada or USA. Of those left in the UK, 527, 546, 548, 560 were reregistered a long time ago, leaving 541 at least reregistered in recent times. So that should leave, minus my own, 506,529, 540, 545, 577, 584 and 597.
That narrows things down a bit. 506 is at Aston Manor I believe, 529 at Sandtoft, not sure about the others.Looks a nice tidy bus. My money is on 506.

My bus number (if any): RM531

I have just discovered this great site, and am unfortunately unable to own a Routemaster, however, the bus in the advert isn't RM584 as registered as I have that registration on my Land Rover and have had for about 11 years.
Good luck to you all in preserving the greatest bus of all time.