ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RML2719 is finally coming hone

Good Morning Gentlemen and ladies of course.

Well! She is finally coming home, i travelled up to Ormskirk on Monday evening in readiness for the movement of RML 2719. I arrived at the site to be met by an awsome wrecker with a very large specticle lift. She started first time as always and we gently moved her into position behind the wrecker. The firm i used are very used to moving buses (and very reasonably priced) and after leaving the yard, she was taken back to their depot to be transferred onto a low-loader before her long and arduous journey back down to Somerset. I am expecting her back late this afternoon and i will post fresh pictures of her arrival.

Now the hard work starts! Please Please Please can you continue with the support you have already given me? I need to get this completely right to get her reclassified. Any advice will be gratefully received. Finally, i am now officially looking for a back end of a bus!!!!

This is gonna be an incredible learning curve!

Thanks and regards for now

Chris

My bus number (if any): RML 2719

Re: RML2719 is finally coming hone

Hi Chris

Keep us posted on progress when you start stripping so that we know the extent of the reapirs needed and perhaps can help with technical advice and part locations and assemblies etc.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 14 RTs

Hi Chris,
Seems that you have lots of offers for parts, but if you get stuck for any bits, I may be able to help.

Regards

Rob

My bus number (if any): RT2291, RM13

I think this was once a bus in my care at HL.
The old grey matters going a bit now, but our original allocation of RMLs were all F reg 26XX and 27XX numbered vehicles. We had a lot of them for the 255 and 207 and then lost some shortly after delivery with the arrival of Merlins and ended up with just a large allocation for the 207.

I also think 2719 returned in the 'second coming' before being sent to Q when the mad idea to OPO the 207 actually happened. That's another story, but the Uxbridge road was never the same again whatever mode of transport one used!

Chris,
These pictures may help.

Regards
Rob

http://rob-duker.fotopic.net/c1613042.html

My bus number (if any): RM13 etc

Good evening everyone,

I have had to move 2719 out of the body shop because we have a classic fire engine to paint this week and we need the space. I backed her into the workshop a couple of months ago and erected scaffolding around the rear end so as to enable my guys to start removing the crash damaged panels. This has all gone swimmingly until i went to move her out of the workshop.

Regardless of which forward gear i select she will not move, if i select reverse gear same problem. The only thing i get is an attempt to move in a soft forward rocking motion when the revs are increased. I hasten to add that the same thing happens in reverse a soft FORWARD rocking when under load. It is almost as if she is stuck in gear but not quite engaging. We managed to push her out into the yard and down into an available space, but what happens in a couple of weeks when i need to get her back into the workshop? it literally will be an uphill struggle!!!

I really need the benefit of your experience here people (as always)! Alan Gregory is coming down tomorrow to see me, so if you could pass on any gems of information on to him it would help immensely

I look forward to your thoughts

Cheers

Chris

My bus number (if any): RML2719