ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
alternator test sequence

Hi......Does anyone know how to test the output of the DY32 alternator whilst on the vehicle? This alternator is 24volt 3 phase AC output to a rectifier slung under the body of the RM. Does the alternator require an input of 24volts to enable it to work? Wiring consists of 3 thick black wires to principal terminals and two thin wires one red one black to smaller connectors. Thanks.....Ian.

My bus number (if any): RM446, RM765.

Re: alternator test sequence

Ian I have sent you an E mail with the name of someone who may be able to help you.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RML 2667, RM 1585, RMC 1458 and 14 RTs

Re: alternator test sequence

Brian....Thankyou so much....that is most kind of you.....Regards Ian.

My bus number (if any): RM446, RM765.