Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Thread Sticky Sticky Thread     Board|Threaded
« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | | »
Author
Comment
NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS

The other thread for this is becoming rather chockers so I thought it best to start a new one, which I'll also lock at the top of the page for easy access.

This thread is only for those singles that never appeared on an original album by the artist concerned, including "Best of" sets. If the song you want is on an album already posted here, or more importantly on a currently available CD, it will not be posted separately on Midoztouch.

Subsequently we should find that what is mostly posted here are singles by sometimes little known artists that were never given the opportunity to record a full album. Nor did they have enough hits or indeed actual single releases to justify a compilation of their own.

In which case it is unlikely you will find many, if indeed any big hits in this section but collectors hopefully will find many non-charters by little known bands that they have been chasing for years. Likewise you may find a few singles that only charted at the bottom end of one state chart but nowhere else.

Whenever possible, I would like both the A & B sides of these singles to be posted as these flip sides are often superior to their more commercial A sides. This is especially so in the case of a 'novelty' records.

Naturally before posting any requests here, I would ask you to do a search to see if it may have been posted in a previous thread. If you have unsuccessfully asked for a single in the previous singles thread, then of course by all means please ask again here. However if it wasn't met because it's on an available CD or an album posted here, buy the CD or download the album. The only exception would be in the case of a song being on compilations albums of yesteryear IF someone can provide both sides of the single & uploads them together

I would like to wish everyone good luck with their requests & as always happy hunting

Cheers

Micko

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS

Max Merritt & The Meteors

I am trying to find a copy of a Max Merritt & The Meteors single called "Baby Come Home" which was on the B side of Fannie Mae.
Dennis _B

Has Max Merrit's song "Coming Back" made it to CD anywhere? I've downloaded the song from an album here a while back but am still waiting to get a CD copy if possible....

Here in Newcastle it was the A-side played on local radio....and came sort of as a reply to his song "Slipping Away".

It may have been on a NZ comp...does anyone know? And if it was on CD has anyone got it for download?

As usual any help appreciated...

Mr Mix
(Still mixing in action)

Does anyone have any singles by the lesser known Adelaide bands like The Harts, Y4, Five Sided Circle, Blues, Rags & Hollers, The Limit or perhaps Johnny Mac and a little surf ditty called Beach Bunny. Any obscure Adelaide singles would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Kerry

Does anyone have the following;

1982 Avenue Records single 'Growing Pains' by Max Merritt?

Saving For A Rainy Day - Mother Goose, 1980 (doesn't appear to be available on the forum)

Thanks

Email  

Saving for a rainy day is on Mother Goose's Don't believe in fairytales album. Which I think was available on Midoz.

Quote: Meglos
Hi guys.

Looking for :

Wendy Stapleton - Heart Of Stone (1979)
quote]

Hi meglos, I think you're new to the forum ain'tcha? If so welcome & as always happy hunting.

Meantime here's the Wendy Stapleton single you were looking for, a dynamite, tonsil shredding performance by Wendy on the old Stones chestnut "Heart of Stone" b/w Mike Brady's "I Need You".

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T6ZSRFSE

I must've been one of the few who actually bought this when it came out & I still love it. In fact vocally, I don't think Wendy's ever pushed herself so much as she does here & it's the best thing she's done, backed by a dynamic unknown band. She formed Wendy & The Rockets soon after releasing this.

Glad to be of help & hope you ENJOY

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Quote: Kerro
Does anyone have any singles by the lesser known Adelaide bands like The Harts, Y4, Five Sided Circle, Blues, Rags & Hollers, The Limit or perhaps Johnny Mac and a little surf ditty called Beach Bunny. Any obscure Adelaide singles would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Kerry

Kerro - You'll find several of these in the OZburn project.

Thanks for the Janice Slater tracks Stampy - rarities! And for the info Micko - no songwriting details in the ScreenSound discography so that is very welcome.

Lynne Randell's last two singles, recorded in the US - 'An open letter' / 'The right to cry' and 'I love my dog' (Cat Stevens) / 'Mind excursion'.

Anyone have them? Please?!

Email  

I'm after a better rip of Doug Ashdown's "I've Come To Save Your World (Mother Love)". This was the original a-side of his Sweet Peach single SP001, but as it was 7 minutes long, the other side (The Day They Freed The Noise) was the hit, albeit a minor one. I have a single which has been dragged backwards through a blackberry bush and plays like someone's using a Geiger counter at Roxby Downs.

Anyone able to help me?

Email  

Quote: ratso
I'm after a better rip of Doug Ashdown's "I've Come To Save Your World (Mother Love)". This was the original a-side of his Sweet Peach single SP001, but as it was 7 minutes long, the other side (The Day They Freed The Noise) was the hit, albeit a minor one. I have a single which has been dragged backwards through a blackberry bush and plays like someone's using a Geiger counter at Roxby Downs.

Anyone able to help me?

Hi ratso

What a brilliant, psych infused song this is. It came from one of Doug's most acclaimed albums "The Age Of Mouse" as you may know. And that album, as well as most of Doug's other superb catalogue, is available from Doug's website here:

http://www.dougashdown.com/albums.htm

Hope that helps both you & others wanting to replace their old vinyls

Cheers

Micko

Email  

I think if you check the version on that album (which I Have) is different from the single. The single is 4 minutes longer.
Still looking.......

Email  

Anyone know anything about this artist or single?
a) The Cotswolds by Mick Connor
b) Good for the Goose
1980 on Logo Label MS 429
Thanks

I'd like to know if anyone has Deborah Conway's song FEEL LIKE MAKIN' LOVE. I know it's very rare & hard to find. Here's hoping.
Cheers
Peter

Email  

Quote: Meglos

Looking for :

Wendy Stapleton - Heart Of Stone (1979)
Colleen Hewett - If You Ever Feel The Need (1984)
Rockmelons - Time Out (For Serious Fun) (1985)
Venetta Fields - Only One (1987)
Priscilla's Nightmare - She Ain't No Woman (1989)

Thanks to Micko in this thread, & barge49 in another, I can scrub 2 off the list, so now I'm only looking for Colleen Hewett, Rockmelons & Venetta Fields.

Thanks guys.

Email  

Hi Paulbe, here you go,this single must have been the last one for Mushroom records. As their next material came out from CBS. What happened there?

Uncanny X-Men
A-SIDE. Time goes so fast
B-SIDE. Up to you

Vinyl rip @ 320 + single cover

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=436TSROV

The Phantom/Return Of The Phantom - by Tom Tom (Billy and Tommy Moeller)

anyone out that have this
thank you

Hi Ozzie Music Man

Here is Marty's B-side Take Me

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7N2OWIA

Dave

Happy Muvvers Day,

And now for the request?

Has anyone got the track Kaleidoscope by Judith Durham in a reasonable condition to share, please?

Would like to put it on a home made compilation for da muvver.

Cheers,

Tom

two songs I need help with please! 1st song is a song i keep hearing on gold 104 it sounds like billy fields but the song is not on his best of so i don't know if it is and if ain't billy fields its a person doing a decent impression of him as usual the radio station does not mention who they have just played! any help would be nice! i heard the song last saturday night about 10:30pm. the second one should be easier it is Marty Rhone song played last year at the end of Spicks & Specks they said it was one of his late 60's song.

thankyou in advance!

Mick and others,

Although the album is not on CD I was able to find the single of Kaleidoscope on a CD called Christmas In London.

It's on its way as I ordered it today. Thanks for the folks who sent me off line emails to alert me.

Tom

Anyone have any of Jenny Moriss's extended mixes that were on her maxi singles?

Cheers!

I'm after a rare one here. It's called DON'T LET THE NEEDLE WIN by The Little River Band. The song i am chasing was recorded in 1983 with John Farnham on lead vocals & it's the LIVE version i want. Please can someone help.
Cheers Peter

Email  

I hope this will do..

You have John singing it here.. no video though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1B61mcpPi0

or LRB preforming it on stage here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Y-b4maXQs

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - Delaney Venn

I went looking and you can buy it here for
http://www.melbmusicexchange.com.au/vart.htm

come in to the shop. Our address is:

69 Swan St.
Richmond
Victoria 3121
AUSTRALIA

and we're open seven days a week for your shopping convenience. And if you're not a local, but you're heading into town soon, feel free to get in touch with your wish list or special requests - we'll do our best to get what you want.

If you can't get to Melbourne, we can also accept orders by fax, phone or email. Contact us at:

Phone: +61 3 9428 3355
Fax: +61 3 9428 4330
Email: paul@melbmusicexchange.com.au

I hope you are successful in getting this

Quote: Josh
Just wondering if anyone recalls the Delaney Venn hit Prisoner with Marcia Hines doing backup. great song but I think too rare (?)

Josh

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - peaches n herb / substitute

hi all, just wondering if anyone had the above (a cover of 'The Clout's' hit of the 70's ? thanks

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - peaches n herb / substitute

The band was called 'Peaches' an all girl group. I don't have the single, but i think the song was on one of those 'Living in the 70's' volumes that came out from BMG all those years ago.

Hi Everyone,

I've only just found this site and i truly believe someone out there might be able to help me. I'm searching for some songs that i have a really bad copy on vinyl or i can't seem to find on cd. If any of these songs i list are on cd, please let me know as i'm more than happy to purchase them.

Ok the list:

hon nick jones and ian macrae - ballad of lady di
Whispering Jox - Santa Claus Is Back In Town (It's Xmas Listeners)
Colour Blue - Peace
arvo - picture in the paper
kim durant - love you brisbane
flame fortune - sex symbol
flotsam jetsam - distraction
goanna - that day...is comin' sooner
ignatius jones - whispering your name
niki phillips - something about you
rockmelons - sweat it out
sparklers - so often dreaming
strange tenants - i work at my machine
uncanny x-men - beach party 12"
vanessa venning - midnight blue

If i have overlooked these songs in the forum i'm sorry as i did search for them.
Thank you for anyone who can help, i really do appreciate it.

Email  

Here is 'Whispering your name' 7" vinyl rip @320. A-side only.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DD702UXS

Does anyone have a copy of Melbourne singer Frais Campbell's 1971 Astor single "New World In The Morning" b/w "I Know The Reason"

For some reason I distinctly recall Frais singing the A side on a few shows shows of the day, perhaps Happening 71 & Fred Bear's Breakfast A Go Go & quite distinctly but more strangely, Melbourne's The Penthouse Club with the wonderful Mary Hardy.

She looked more silly than sexy too as she wore hot pants with a ladies suit jacket with full length sleeves!!! Even as an 11/12 yo I could tell she looked a bit daggy & far too nice & prim compared to Allison Durbin & Yvonne Barrett in their sexy hot pants. Needless to say, the TV performances did nothing to help the song's chart fortunes. Then just recently I found this clip on youtube which brought it all back to me, with Frais, looking very young but still looking very lady like & performing some choreographed silly dance moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yov9ISR2B30

Looking up some info on her I found none except a very poor 48 kbps mp3 of the B side. And rather surprisingly it's quite excellent, showing she did in fact have a very good voice. The song itself is also apparently a much sought after item in Northern soul circles.

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/Massive-Aussie-45-t53407.html

So now I'd like a better copy & womdered if anyone could help me with on please

Thanks for that

Micko

Email  

Does anyone have the single version of 'Best Deal In Town', by Scandal?

It was a totally different recording than the album version and I lost my single many years ago.

Cheerz in advance.

Does anyone have Yvonne Barrett's 3rd Go!! Records single "Don't Bother Calling Me / I'm Taking Him Back". which came out in October 1966

Hope someone can help

Micko

Email  

Hi,

I am looking for the following single:

Here Come The Broncos - The Ipswich Connection

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Lonnie

Email  

Micko,

I have Yvonne Barrett's 'Don't Bother Calling Me' in mp3 format only.

Don't know how to convert all the vinyl etc

Perhaps I could email it to you if you still don't have a copy?

The bitrate from memory is possibly 256 or 320 Can't remember , I'd have to check.

Don't have the B side though

Email  

does anyone know if the Richard Clapton's slow version of his hit The Best Years of Our Lives recorded in the 90's is available anywhere?

thanks
Josh

Quote: JohnG
Anybody have the 45rpm "Tower Of Strength" (remake of early 60s Gene McDaniel's song) - by The Rooty Hill RSL Band (Enterprise??)-=- pretty sure it was on Warm & Genuine. From early to mid 60s

Cheers

JohnG

Here is the single as requested and a big thank you to Tommix who worked his magic in cleaning up and getting it sounding great enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/248643144/Tower_Of_Strength.rar

Email  

Here are 2 versions of Hooked On Hooks:

http://tommixmusic.blogspot.com/search?q=hooked+on+hooks

Tom

Does any one have the Kim Durant song Spirit Of The Green And Gold Olympic song? I know it was from 1984 to coincide with the 1984 LA olympics. Please can someone help with this one please. Cheers
Peter

Email  

Hello Midoz folks,

A distant friend in Townsville is looking for some old rare songs. Any help appreciated as he doesn't get out much anymore. Any pointers to where they may have appeared in the past on compilations etc...

CLIMAX 5 "Gardens" (Festival FK-2259) 1968

DAVE MILLER SET "Let’s Get Together" (Spin EK-2550) 1968

The HENCHMEN "Baby I Need You" (Columbia DO-8587) 1968

Col JOYE "It’s Too Late Now" (A.T.A. ATAK-2932) 1969

Glenn WESTON "Thanks" (Columbia UK DO-9078) 1969

Lorrae DESMOND "Everybody’s Favourite Model Girl" 1970

The MOTIVATION "Sympathy/Forty Years" (Ramrod RS-1012) 1968.

The MICHAEL SCOTT GROUP "My Little Red Car/Sixty Minutes of Your Love" (A.T.A. ATAK-2981) 1969

Many thanks in advance,

Tom Mix

tommytop58 (at) yahoo.com.au

Email  

Here ya go Dave, 2 fine slabs of 1968 Aussie psych rock & pop

Climax 5 - Gardens / She's Already Spoken For

is at: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XPM9X8H

A side is another obscure but wonderful slice of non charting Oz rock that deserved much better. The B is also good pysch pop too. But the only info I have on them is that vocalist/guitarist Nick(y) Dunn went on play with the folk rock band "Air" featuring future opera diva Jennifer McGregor, who's album was posted by Ice on the forum. The only other member of Climax 5 that I can find is guitarist Mick Wayne

AS TO YOUR OTHER REQUEST THAT I HAVE TOM:

Dave Miller Set - Let's Get Together / Bread And Butter Day

This is available here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MAV3FNL0

This is the band's 3rd (unsuccessful) single, the A side was a good version of the Youngblood's hit Get Together. They would have far more success with their next single, the widely acknowleged classic "Mr Guy Fawkes". But the B side of this single is the real find here. A fabulous psychedelic rave up with some blistering lead guitar work from future Blackfeather mainman John Robinson. (Dr) Another stalwart Aussie muso, journeyman Harry Brus was bassist with the DMS at the time

Hope ya mate (& everyone else) enjoys these Dave & sorry I couldn't help with the others

Micko

Email  

As requested by starkers, here's the one & only single by Aussie supergroup known as Quartet, who formed & recorded in the UK. Although little known in Australia, the band featured Terry Britten (Twilights), Kevin Peek (James Taylor Move/Sky), Alan Tarney & Trevor Spencer (James Taylor Move/Tarney Spencer Band)

The single, "Now" / "Mama Where Did You Fail" was issued in 1969. Both were taken from an album they also recorded called "Joseph" which was never released, nor were there any follow up singles. I wonder where we can find a copy of the album

The link ya need is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1LS1QJK5

Like the more publicised Britten, Tarney & Spencer, apart from forming the successful Tarney Spencer Band, also went on to become much in demand session musos for a who's who of acts like Olivia Newton-John, David Cassidy, Bonnie Tyler, The New Seekers, Drifters etc. Tarney also produced & mostly wrote all of Cliff Richard's biggest late 70's & 80's albums including writing the hits "We Don't Talk Anymore", "Dreamin'", "A Little in Love", "Wired for Sound" & "Some People". He also co-wrote & produced Leo Sayer's ""Living in a Fantasy" album & it's biggest hit "More Than I Can Say" as well as producing A-Ha's worldwide smash hits "Take On me" & "The Sun Always Shines on TV" + the accompanying album & follow up hits

Cheers, as always I hope you enjoy

Micko

Email  

Micko

Here are two more songs from the supergroup Quartet for your collection

Joseph & Will My Lady Come

Here @320 from vinyl
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQYII5R8

Great listening

Dave

after the throbs two singels fortune teller and black
boath a n b sides plese?
todd

Email  
Re: Listen To Your Mama - Maria Venuti

Quote: Josh
hi all, does anyone recall Maria Venuti's Listen To Your Mama (a reply to Joe Dolce's Shaddup a Your Face)

would anyone have it???

thanks
Josh

Josh

Just posted the Maria Venuti single on my blog

Re: Johnny Devlin - Book Of Love 12" single.

In ?early 80s Johnny Devlin released a 12" single of Book Of Love (originally done by The Monotones c. 1958) - a bit discoish, but bouncy tune. Shoudda kept it

JohnG

I would like to request a Hawking Brothers song that i can't find anywhere & can't find any info on. Please can someone help me with this?
The song is called I Can't Stop Loving You.
Cheers guys/gals
Peter

Email  
Re: Sherbet B Sides

As requested by Todd, here are 2 Sherbet B sides you asked for plus a 3rd for good luck . They are:

1/ The Love You Save (B Side of "Can You Feel It Baby)
1st single with Daryl, with the band in a tight soul groove on this cover of the Jackson 5 hit. Darryl's in fine falsetto

2/ All Our Yesterdays (B Side of "Free The People"
Sherbet's 2nd single, an uptempo, if unexpectedly very country influenced single, composed by guitarist Clive Shakespeare. And being Sherbet, it's very catchy

3/ Back Home (B Side of "You're All Woman")
The 3rd single & another change of style; this one a fine Porter/Shakespeare folk/rock original & quite possibly my fave Sherbet song of all. Great vocal, nice lyric & excellent, semi-progressive arrangement

Sorry had to chuck that one in but I'm sure yas won't mind when ya hear it .

MUSIC RIP @ 320 (#2 & 3 From Vinyl) at:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5QVM7C9

As always, hope you enjoy

Micko

Email  

One anyone have a rip of either of the following records?

The Hawking Brothers - The Melbourne Cup
Ian McRae & The Hon Nick Jones - The Ballad Of Lady Di
The Forearm Jolt - Over The Ropes

Thanks in advance!

On the subject of rare Sherbet recordings Micko (or any other readers), do you know of anywhere that one can find the original single version of So Glad You're Mine. It was somewhat weaker than the corker they did for the Slipstream album, and I seem to recall a story at the time that Daryl was loaded up with whiskey or something to cover up the rasp in his voice from having the 'flu during recording. I didn't even get within a whiff of the Top 40. I had a really scratched up vinyl single I found at Batmans in Melbourne long long ago, but it was barely playable even then.

Email  

yes pualbe i do believe this was issued on the greatist hits album 70/75 as i brought the cd issue
back in the 90s the same with slipstream and you can pick the difference very much so .i would be happy to rip this an upload it but i have never uploded anything before so if any one at all has a copy of this could they please uploed it for paulbe as this is no longer in print. if not paulbe i might be able to
uplode with help?
todd

Email  

if anybody out there can help with any of these songs
plese.i am after the b side to gus and the houses only single. plus i am trying to get hold of b side of
bay city unions single .thanyou?
todd

Email  
« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | | »
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains