Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Thread Sticky Sticky Thread     Board|Threaded
« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | »
Author
Comment
ALBUMS REQUESTS

As suggested by Jeepster, this is the section where everyone can request that long lost fave album of yore that you've been hunting down forever.

However just one request & that is, we already have literally hundreds of albums on the Midoztouch main page as well as the forum. So please do a search first before making your request. Having said that, I do realize that the new search facility is not as good as the old one.

So if in what I hope will be rare instances where you can't find it, but the album has been posted previously, perhaps someone can bring that thread back to the top of the list so that others who've joined us since the original post can likewise enjoy it.

Of particular interest in this thread would be the now extremely rare L.P. releases of the 1960's & the harder to find independent albums of the 1970's & 80's. But the bottom line is this is not restricted to those requests, and if it's not posted elsewhere on the forum, ASK

As usual, no-one should be subjected to any nasty comments regarding their requests just because you may not like a particular artist or genre. I don't mind a friendly Aussie jibe in fun, fans of some performers have been subjected to them for years eg Kamahl's fans being the most obvious one, Kylie the singing budgie being a more recent one. But as long as it's said with a sense of fun, & not said with venom or ridicule. Best to just pass until something comes up that you can be thankful for.

Oh yeah: One last thing: If you can help out with a request PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS HERE. Best to start a new thread uner the artists name & album title.

Sorry I guess that was 3!!! requests . But that's all folks so thanks in anticipation

Micko

Email  
Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS

OK these have been mentioned B4 but as this list will remain on top to remind people....

I'm after 2 early 'Johnny' Farnham albums to complete my set. The ones I need are in fact two of his later albums of this era: "Hits Magic and Rock 'n' Roll" & "Johnny Farnham Sings the Big Hits of '73", both of which were issued in 1973. All the others should be able to be found on the forum

I'd also like Allison Durbins "Amerikan Music" to complete that set also

Also, and meaning no disrespect to Deutros who provided his own rip, but does anybody have a better vinyl copy of Ted Mulry's first album "Falling In Love Again" that they could provide. Deutros' copy had obviously seen better days so I hope a new one can be found

Well that's it for now

Thanks in anticipation

Micko

PS By the way, I think it might also be a good idea if I removed these posts as the requests are met. That way we hopefully won't clog up the thread too much

Email  

Two requests from the deep dark past of my life - The Delltones' "Surf and Stomp" c. 1964 - includes modified versions of U.S. surf tracks where Oz place names are substituted (e.g. Surfer Joe and Surfin Australia(Way)), and an even deeper one Col Joye's "Songs That Rocked The Stadium" (early 60s) - included excellent covers of Elvis' "Trouble"/"Lover Doll" (from King Creole soundtrack. Here's hoping! Should have kept the b*******s!

JohnG

I was at a friends home several weeks ago and he was playing a live album by Matt Taylor. He was "given a copy" of the album and has no idea what it was called.

Does anyone have any clue on this one?

The Matt Taylor album may be Chain - The First 30 Years. A live recording from 1997 with Matt, Phil, Barry Harvey and Dirk du Bois. Track listing:
32-20
Memphis got a pyramid
Willie Brown
Slow blues
Booze is bad news blues
Spring hill
I remember when I was young
The night
Boogie
Black N Blue

Email  

The cd THE FIRST THIRTY YEARS (CHAIN) among others, is available from:
FOREVER RECORDS
76 EDWARD STREET,
BEDFORD WA 6052.
Phone/Fax 08 92711612
Info is on FORUM (when search is fixed)

jimijac

Would any one have Marc Hunters Night and Day
Mark Williams self titled album from 1975
Any albums from the NZ band The Herbs with the
late great Charlie Tumahia
Thanks Keith.

Quote: keith
Would any one have Marc Hunters Night and Day

Mark Williams self titled album from 1975

Any albums from the NZ band The Herbs with the

late great Charlie Tumahai

Thanks Keith.

Because this is a multiple album request I won't delete it. But please note that Marc Hunter's "Night And Day" album is now available on the forum.

However I too would like to 2nd Keith's request for Mark Williams' ST album & anything by The Herbs. I always loved Charlie's vocal on Healing Force's "Golden Miles (perhaps my all time fave Oz song) & I'm keen to hear more

Thanks everyone & again, here's hoping

Micko

Email  

There are a number of The Herbs CD's available from NZ record stores'
They will have the Very Best Of Mark Williams too

Dave

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Spy V Spy

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help with three albums by Spy V Spy that I cannot find anywhere. I'm looking for
Xenophobia Why?
Meet Us Inside - Mini LP
Harry's Reasons

Every place I've checked out tells me that the albums are not available on CD and probably wont be in the forseeable future.

Would anyone have these to upload or failing that, would anyone have seen them at any Cd outlet that I could chase up.
I would be most grateful for any help.

Cheers
Joff62

Email  

I would like to make a request please. Icehouse album Big Wheel. Can't seem to get it at JB, Sanity etc. Please Micko if this is okay can someone provide please.

Cheers in advance

Peter

Email  
Re: ALBUMS REQUEST- Check 1 .2 & Mark Holden

Risking immense ridicule I am seeking copies of two albums by our most “bubble gummy” artists.
Mark Holden, self titled album and an album (not sure if this one meets criteria) by Check 1,2 one with the old standard MONA on it.
My 13 year old is asking for “pop” from an early era and these two should suit.
It takes all kinds of music to make the world go round.
Thanks in advance

First of all Dave, actor Craig McLachlin's Check 1 2 is elligible for the forum as Mona was a hit in 1989, just inside the cut-off point of 1990. Though I believe his 2nd (solo) album is the better of the 2. So if anyone has either or both that would be fine

And charger770, I'll get onto those other 1927 albums ASAP for you OK. I personally agree with you completely

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Hi Micko, I have Craig Mclachlin's 2nd album 'Hands Free' somewhere. I will put it up, as soon as i find it. On his 2nd album he uses producer Simon Hussey, who helped Daryl Braithwaite's comback in the late 80's and James Reyne. I think most of the musicians playing on the it, are the same band from those albums as well. The major hit was a song called 'On My Own'.

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Electronic 70's!

anyone have any info or uploads of Cybertron or the Chain Reaction movie soundtrack?

Email  

Hi Josh, I have the 'Chain Reaction' soundtrack by 'Andrew Thomas Wilson' somewhere. I haven't played it for so long. It was released on ' Channel 7 Records'. This guy would later produce one side of 'Edith Bliss's' only album. I will look into it for you. It's a 'Synth' score, so i am not too sure how it will go on this forum.

No problems Brett. Sure the Soundtrack is synthsizer music & not everyone's cup of tea, but it's certainly worth preserving for those who might like it

Thanks for that.

Josh, I have Cybotron's ST & "Colossus" albums. "Implosion" has been re-issued by Aztec Music & I thought these 2 I have were slated for release also by the label. But they ain't there now

I jave no covers art for the ST set so can anyone help with that??

Cheers

Micko

Email  

with a few soundtrack albums being posted recently
it reminded me of "Wizards Of The Water" soundtrack
from the early 80's .I used to own this if anyone can help.

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Abigail

oooh, does anyone have any Abigail recordings? Jetaime or album?

thanks

Email  

Hi Josh, Will have the 'Chain Reaction' soundtrack posted for you in a few days.
This is the K-Tel site in question:

http://kay-tel.blogspot.com/

Hey Josh & Hagar

Abigail's "Je T'Aime" is on the wonderful compilation "The DuMonde Years", which as I've mentioned before,m desreves to be in any self respecting CD collection. It's a fabulous overview of the DuMonde & Violet's Holiday labels & in particular Martin Erdman's productions for them & later on on, Festival.

This means tracks by artists like Flake, the 69'ers, Samael Liith, Harry Young & Sabbath, King Fox, Clapham Junction, Galadriel, McPhee & the recently posted here The Battersea Heroes. Plus the very earliest recordings by John Paul Young (with Elm Tree) & 13 & 15 year olds Tommy and Phil Emmanuel (with The Trailblazers), + country singer Nev Nicholls, Rolf Harris, Donnie Sutherland & Sister Janet Mead among others. Hell's bells ya even get ventriloquist Chris Kirby & Terry (remember them LOL)

And ya can find Abigail on disc 2 here:

http://www.ozsongs.com.au/various/du_monde_years/du_monde_years.html

Of course if anyone has Abigail's album, THEN we could allow Je T'Aime to be posted. But only then sorry

Ciao

Micko

Email  
Kerrie Ann Kennel!

ok we have had Julie Anthony & Joe hasham. anyone got Kerrie Anne Kennerley's album?

thanks
Josh

Email  
Re: Kerrie Ann Kennel!

Quote: Josh
ok we have had Julie Anthony & Joe hasham. anyone got Kerrie Anne Kennerley's album?

thanks
Josh

I have this one as well josh but I'm going to wait until Dave posts it

Hell will be freezing over and pigs flying to celebrate the event. I am sure I don't have the album but will check. Now Frank Hyde is a possibility though. LOL. Has anyone requested him?

Dave

Dave have you got a back door into my record collection.

Re: ALBUM REQUEST

hi...'been looking for mike mcclellan's "Time and time again" album...i'd be forever grateful to anyone who could share it...TIA! :)

Email   lab_harts@yahoo.com  
re: Frank Traynor - Jazz From The Pulpit

I've just finished watching the wonderful Judith Durham on Wrokdown and on it she talks about her first recordings which were on an album by Frank Traynor's Jazz Preachers called "Jazz From The Pulpit".

A huge ask I know but would anybody have a copy the y could upload? I'd especially love to hear Judith's version of the legendary blues singer Bessie Smith's Trombone Cholly (retitled "Trombone Frankie" apparently)

There was also an EP called "Judy Durham & Frank Traynor's Jazz Preachers" which I'd also like. Does anyone have them please?

Heres' hoping

Micko

PS Chris, if you do a search (Top right corner) for Ozburn, you'll find it has it's own thread

Email  

I have been searching for an Australian rip of Jo Jo Zep & the Falcons "Hats Off Step Lively". There is a version floating around but it is from the US release and has a different track listing. I believe this was released on CD but I have been unable to track down a copy. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Email  

MONDO ROCK!

Boom Baby Boom - 1986 Album

RADIATORS!

Life's a Gamble - 1984
Nasty Habbits in Nice Children - 1987

Email  

Does anyone have this "Missin' Your Kissin'" - The Sports

Live at Storey Hall (Melbourne, 1978)

1.Pipeline/Nervous Breakdown
2.Don't You Lie To Me
3.Red Hot
4.Nothin' Shakin'
5.White Honey
6.Now I'm Together
7.Chain of Fools
8.Ubangi Stomp
9.Wedding Ring
10.Cruisin' In A Citroen
11.Put The Light On

Studio Rarities:
12.Hot Dog
13.(Right) Thru Her Heart
14.Don't Hold Back That Feeling
15.Missin' Your Kissin'
16.The Big Sleep (1st version)

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS Tubby Justice

Tubby Justice, a blues singer from Adelaide released an Album called "sence" in the Eighties. One of my all time favorites ,but alas it went when some scumbag stole my car recently, got the car back but the CD was gone. It is out of stock at the small label that produced it so here I am asking if anyone may have a copy of this fabulous cd that they could share.

Email  

I was wondering if anyone had, and would be able and willing to share, two of Judith Durham's 70's albums on mp3:

HERE AM I

and

GIFT OF SONG

I (and hopefully others) would be greatly appreciative. I did a search before I asked, but didn't find either (can't find much online about them other that they were released on A&M records around 1971, and both are excellent).

Thanks in advance!
David

Email  

would so love to get hold of doug mulrays rude and rude two albums i use to have boath these albums and they are classics i can always remember classics like
im a punk and the cryojenics bit gues whos mums in a
whirlpool. if any body out there has any of these two
albums would they mind uploding them it might not be
ausrock but is certanly classic aus comedy at its best? todd

Email  

Hi everyone out there in Midoztouch land!

Does anyone have any of the following "Spin" Festival CD re-issues :

Johnny Devlin - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Dig Richards & The R'Jays - A Tribute Anthology
Various Artists - Brian Henderson's Bandstand
Various Artists - Drum Crazy

Thanks!

Neil I can help with all of these as I think they've been out of pint long enough. Just gimme a few days tho please mate

Meantime I hope you enjoy the Spin Sampler & the Peter Allen 'Tribute'

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Thanks Micko....that would be great if you could do it.

I'm sure that it wouldn't only be me who would enjoy them!

Thanks amigo.

Neil

Quote: Neil
Thanks Micko....that would be great if you could do it.
I'm sure that it wouldn't only be me who would enjoy them!
Thanks amigo.Neil

Neil: You've got it right. I would certainly enjoy hearing those albums.
Micko: Whenever you can thanks mate.

Hagar

Greetings to all!

I am looking for an album by The Motivators which featured Billy Millers little bro Kenny.

I believe it was released in 1980, and promptly vanished off the face of the earth. I know this is pretty obscure, but I also know that this is THE place to find it!

Cheers

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Doug Mulray

Hi Todd, My brother has (or did have) both these albums on vinyl. He actually alerted me to the existence of this site, so I'll ask him if he still has them and see if he can upload them for you.

Email  

Quote: gronk
Greetings to all!

I am looking for an album by The Motivators which featured Billy Millers little bro Kenny.

I believe it was released in 1980, and promptly vanished off the face of the earth. I know this is pretty obscure, but I also know that this is THE place to find it!

Cheers

I didn't know they released an album. They did release an EP in 1980 on Result Records
After the fall / Slipping / Coming Up

I have this and can rip if needed
Rob

Quote: ecrob
Quote: gronk
Greetings to all!

Cheers

I didn't know they released an album. They did release an EP in 1980 on Result Records
After the fall / Slipping / Coming Up

I have this and can rip if needed
Rob

Hey Rob, I thought that they had a self titled album released in 1980, but it could have been an EP?

At any rate I would love a copy if you are happy to upload it.

Cheers!

Hi Gronk

You are correct mate, the self titled release was a 13 track album released in 1980. Nonethless thanks also to Rob for the 1983 EP. There was also a shared 1980 EP with the Jukes called "Top of the Class" and 2 singles "Summer" / "Just Don't Care" & "New Blood" / "At This Point In Time"

All of the shared EP tracks & singles are also on the album & all issued on Result Records. Ecrob's EP tracks are not n the album

So thanks again mate. But about that ST album.....???? Anyone got it??

BTW Zoot fans may be interested to know that this was drummer Rick Brewer's last major band of note after he joined fellow ex Ferrets Dave Springfield & Ric Petropolis to form the band with Kenny

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Motivaters - After The fall EP
for Gronk and Micko

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LB5YE9PE

21Mb
Cheers
Rob

I also have the Top of The Class EP if needed

Thank-you Rob, you are a legend! I don't think I've heard any of this before, and it sounds pretty good.

Thanks as well to Micko for the info. Good to know that the album is out there somewhere.

does anybody have daryl braithwaites fith solo effort
taste the salt as this is now out of print i can not find it anywere even seconhand i use to have this on tape till my duaghter dropped it in the fishtank yes not happy jan?
todd

Email  

this would be good if he could skyhooks75?
todd

Email  

Hi Micko, Is Daryl Braithwaites album 'Taste The Salt' okay to post?

Quote: bluecent

RADIATORS!

Life's a Gamble - 1984
Nasty Habbits in Nice Children - 1987

I have Life's a Gamble, but it will take me a while to rip it. I suggest you e-mail me to remind me if I forget.

Email  

Quote: brett
Hi Micko, Is Richard Pleasance 1991 solo album 'Galleon' okay to post?

I hope so!

Sorry I'm so late responding Brett

Yep, upload Braithwaite's Taste The Salt album as the Rajon label, who issued all of "The Great..." CD sets has been defunct for nearly a year now

And Richard Pleasance was the main songwriter for one of the 80's biggest and best Aussie bands Boom Crash Opera". So it's certainly eligible. Look forward to them both

Cheers & thanks for the offer

Micko

Email  
Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

Just enquiring whether anyone might have Colourblind by Richard Pleasance (his second solo album. Thanks.

« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | | »
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools