Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Abigail

Hey Josh & Hagar

Abigail's "Je T'Aime" is on the wonderful compilation "The DuMonde Years", which as I've mentioned before,m desreves to be in any self respecting CD collection. It's a fabulous overview of the DuMonde & Violet's Holiday labels & in particular Martin Erdman's productions for them & later on on, Festival.

This means tracks by artists like Flake, the 69'ers, Samael Liith, Harry Young & Sabbath, King Fox, Clapham Junction, Galadriel, McPhee & the recently posted here The Battersea Heroes. Plus the very earliest recordings by John Paul Young (with Elm Tree) & 13 & 15 year olds Tommy and Phil Emmanuel (with The Trailblazers), + country singer Nev Nicholls, Rolf Harris, Donnie Sutherland & Sister Janet Mead among others. Hell's bells ya even get ventriloquist Chris Kirby & Terry (remember them LOL)

And ya can find Abigail on disc 2 here:

http://www.ozsongs.com.au/various/du_monde_years/du_monde_years.html

Of course if anyone has Abigail's album, THEN we could allow Je T'Aime to be posted. But only then sorry

Ciao

Micko

Kerrie Ann Kennel!

ok we have had Julie Anthony & Joe hasham. anyone got Kerrie Anne Kennerley's album?

thanks
Josh

Re: Kerrie Ann Kennel!

Josh
ok we have had Julie Anthony & Joe hasham. anyone got Kerrie Anne Kennerley's album?

thanks
Josh

I have this one as well josh but I'm going to wait until Dave posts it

Hell will be freezing over and pigs flying to celebrate the event. I am sure I don't have the album but will check. Now Frank Hyde is a possibility though. LOL. Has anyone requested him?

Dave

Dave have you got a back door into my record collection.

Re: ALBUM REQUEST

hi...'been looking for mike mcclellan's "Time and time again" album...i'd be forever grateful to anyone who could share it...TIA! :)

re: Frank Traynor - Jazz From The Pulpit

I've just finished watching the wonderful Judith Durham on Wrokdown and on it she talks about her first recordings which were on an album by Frank Traynor's Jazz Preachers called "Jazz From The Pulpit".

A huge ask I know but would anybody have a copy the y could upload? I'd especially love to hear Judith's version of the legendary blues singer Bessie Smith's Trombone Cholly (retitled "Trombone Frankie" apparently)

There was also an EP called "Judy Durham & Frank Traynor's Jazz Preachers" which I'd also like. Does anyone have them please?

Heres' hoping

Micko

PS Chris, if you do a search (Top right corner) for Ozburn, you'll find it has it's own thread

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS

I have been searching for an Australian rip of Jo Jo Zep & the Falcons "Hats Off Step Lively". There is a version floating around but it is from the US release and has a different track listing. I believe this was released on CD but I have been unable to track down a copy. Any assistance would be appreciated.

MONDO ROCK!

Boom Baby Boom - 1986 Album

RADIATORS!

Life's a Gamble - 1984
Nasty Habbits in Nice Children - 1987

Does anyone have this "Missin' Your Kissin'" - The Sports

Live at Storey Hall (Melbourne, 1978)

1.Pipeline/Nervous Breakdown
2.Don't You Lie To Me
3.Red Hot
4.Nothin' Shakin'
5.White Honey
6.Now I'm Together
7.Chain of Fools
8.Ubangi Stomp
9.Wedding Ring
10.Cruisin' In A Citroen
11.Put The Light On

Studio Rarities:
12.Hot Dog
13.(Right) Thru Her Heart
14.Don't Hold Back That Feeling
15.Missin' Your Kissin'
16.The Big Sleep (1st version)

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS Tubby Justice

Tubby Justice, a blues singer from Adelaide released an Album called "sence" in the Eighties. One of my all time favorites ,but alas it went when some scumbag stole my car recently, got the car back but the CD was gone. It is out of stock at the small label that produced it so here I am asking if anyone may have a copy of this fabulous cd that they could share.

I was wondering if anyone had, and would be able and willing to share, two of Judith Durham's 70's albums on mp3:

HERE AM I

and

GIFT OF SONG

I (and hopefully others) would be greatly appreciative. I did a search before I asked, but didn't find either (can't find much online about them other that they were released on A&M records around 1971, and both are excellent).

Thanks in advance!
David

would so love to get hold of doug mulrays rude and rude two albums i use to have boath these albums and they are classics i can always remember classics like
im a punk and the cryojenics bit gues whos mums in a
whirlpool. if any body out there has any of these two
albums would they mind uploding them it might not be
ausrock but is certanly classic aus comedy at its best? todd

Hi everyone out there in Midoztouch land!

Does anyone have any of the following "Spin" Festival CD re-issues :

Johnny Devlin - Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Dig Richards & The R'Jays - A Tribute Anthology
Various Artists - Brian Henderson's Bandstand
Various Artists - Drum Crazy

Thanks!

Neil I can help with all of these as I think they've been out of pint long enough. Just gimme a few days tho please mate

Meantime I hope you enjoy the Spin Sampler & the Peter Allen 'Tribute'

Cheers

Micko

Thanks Micko....that would be great if you could do it.

I'm sure that it wouldn't only be me who would enjoy them!

Thanks amigo.

Neil

Neil
Thanks Micko....that would be great if you could do it.
I'm sure that it wouldn't only be me who would enjoy them!
Thanks amigo.Neil

Neil: You've got it right. I would certainly enjoy hearing those albums.
Micko: Whenever you can thanks mate.

Hagar

Greetings to all!

I am looking for an album by The Motivators which featured Billy Millers little bro Kenny.

I believe it was released in 1980, and promptly vanished off the face of the earth. I know this is pretty obscure, but I also know that this is THE place to find it!

Cheers

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Doug Mulray

Hi Todd, My brother has (or did have) both these albums on vinyl. He actually alerted me to the existence of this site, so I'll ask him if he still has them and see if he can upload them for you.

gronk
Greetings to all!

I am looking for an album by The Motivators which featured Billy Millers little bro Kenny.

I believe it was released in 1980, and promptly vanished off the face of the earth. I know this is pretty obscure, but I also know that this is THE place to find it!

Cheers

I didn't know they released an album. They did release an EP in 1980 on Result Records
After the fall / Slipping / Coming Up

I have this and can rip if needed
Rob

ecrob
gronk
Greetings to all!

Cheers

I didn't know they released an album. They did release an EP in 1980 on Result Records
After the fall / Slipping / Coming Up

I have this and can rip if needed
Rob

Hey Rob, I thought that they had a self titled album released in 1980, but it could have been an EP?

At any rate I would love a copy if you are happy to upload it.

Cheers!

Hi Gronk

You are correct mate, the self titled release was a 13 track album released in 1980. Nonethless thanks also to Rob for the 1983 EP. There was also a shared 1980 EP with the Jukes called "Top of the Class" and 2 singles "Summer" / "Just Don't Care" & "New Blood" / "At This Point In Time"

All of the shared EP tracks & singles are also on the album & all issued on Result Records. Ecrob's EP tracks are not n the album

So thanks again mate. But about that ST album.....???? Anyone got it??

BTW Zoot fans may be interested to know that this was drummer Rick Brewer's last major band of note after he joined fellow ex Ferrets Dave Springfield & Ric Petropolis to form the band with Kenny

Cheers

Micko

Motivaters - After The fall EP
for Gronk and Micko

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LB5YE9PE

21Mb
Cheers
Rob

I also have the Top of The Class EP if needed

Thank-you Rob, you are a legend! I don't think I've heard any of this before, and it sounds pretty good.

Thanks as well to Micko for the info. Good to know that the album is out there somewhere.

does anybody have daryl braithwaites fith solo effort
taste the salt as this is now out of print i can not find it anywere even seconhand i use to have this on tape till my duaghter dropped it in the fishtank yes not happy jan?
todd

this would be good if he could skyhooks75?
todd

Hi Micko, Is Daryl Braithwaites album 'Taste The Salt' okay to post?

bluecent

RADIATORS!

Life's a Gamble - 1984
Nasty Habbits in Nice Children - 1987

I have Life's a Gamble, but it will take me a while to rip it. I suggest you e-mail me to remind me if I forget.

brett
Hi Micko, Is Richard Pleasance 1991 solo album 'Galleon' okay to post?

I hope so!

Sorry I'm so late responding Brett

Yep, upload Braithwaite's Taste The Salt album as the Rajon label, who issued all of "The Great..." CD sets has been defunct for nearly a year now

And Richard Pleasance was the main songwriter for one of the 80's biggest and best Aussie bands Boom Crash Opera". So it's certainly eligible. Look forward to them both

Cheers & thanks for the offer

Micko

Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

Just enquiring whether anyone might have Colourblind by Richard Pleasance (his second solo album. Thanks.

Re: Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

Yes, i have his second album 'ColourBlind' which includes the song 'Love Is All'. I will look at posting it for you.

Re: Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

thanks Brett

hi guys

I have been looking for The Delltones - Bop Til Ya Drop for such a long time now, I seriously think it is out of print. If anyone can help out with this request it would be great.

And to the site admin, great work keep it up. Definately a trip down memory lane!!

Hey Kelvin

I do have this on vinyl but it hasn't been ripped. I do know that my local library has a copy on CD tho. So as I have to go in there tomorrow anyway I'll grab it then

So no long to wait

Cheers

Micko

Anyone have either of theses "Mr. Lee Grant" or "Mr. Lee in London" huge in NZ in the sixties.

Does anyone have a copy of Kevin Bennett/James Gillard - "Two".
While these days they are firmly rooted in the earthy sounds of alternative country with The Flood, Bennett once served time in Moving Pictures and sang with Icehouse while James Gillard was with Western Flyer and Mondo Rock.
The CD came out in 2002 but has been deleted for some years. I have tried so hard to get this album so any assistance would be very appreciated.
Cheers
Matt

Any body got any of these albums by Melbourne band of the 1990's "Velvet Hammer"?

Baby is a Psycho 1990
Exploding Head Syndrome 1995
Flesh Fetish Factor 1997

Jim Keays ~ Boy From The Stars. anyone have this? Haven't heard it in years.. thanks in advance

Hi George, 'Boy From The Stars' should be still available.

http://ravenrecordscomau.melbourneitwebsites.com/cat/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=3293&product_id=89822

brett
Hi George, 'Boy From The Stars' should be still available.

http://ravenrecordscomau.melbourneitwebsites.com/cat/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=3293&product_id=89822

Thanks Brett

By chance, has anyone ripped a copy of "Twilight Time" by The Twilights which contained some of their concert recordings?

I believe it was released on vinyl by Raven about 1982.

Neil
By chance, has anyone ripped a copy of "Twilight Time" by The Twilights which contained some of their concert recordings?

I believe it was released on vinyl by Raven about 1982.

Yes Neil you can find a copy on the web page under downloads 60's

Kevin Peek - Beyond The Planets

I know this one is a real stretch, but does anyone have access to Beyond The Planets from about 1985 featuring Kevin Peek?

It's a rock interpretation of Holst's The Planets.

The cover credits the album to Jeff Wayne - Rick Wakeman - Kevin Peek and is often listed around the internet as being a Wakeman album. Jeff Wayne's contribution is limited to composing the intro, and Rick Wakeman only plays on 3 of the 8 tracks, with a composer credit for the fanfare at the end.

Kevin Peek is featured throughout on guitar and possibly some of the keyboards. The album also features Kevin's old mate Trevor Spencer on drums. Despite this it usually doesn't appear on KP related discographies (for instance on the Sky fansite which lists other KP albums).

It was recorded in WA and Wakeman's participation probably came about when he performed with Sky on an Aus tour. It was issues on a small UK label Telstar that usually only does el cheapo compilations

Dell Dudenhoeffer - My Life

Any chance that any of you moguls have this in your hiddings. I know it should be among the rarest from Australia but i also know that there was a reissue on vinyl made in 2008. So i ask hopefully and hope i get lucky.

Hi Micko, et al!

It is a while since I have been here. The new look website is great.

I am trying to find a fairly recent album 'Tension Release' (1991) by Australian Jazz Fusion outfit Crossfire. Would anyone have a copy for upload, please?

Cheers,

Coops

Adrian's Wall 1987

Hi people
Looking for a rare and hard to find Adrian Campbell's (Avalanche) album:

Adrian's Wall 1987

Adrian Campbell, Robert Dillon, Steve Donald, Peter Finn, Brett Garsed, Larry Groves, Brian Hamilton, Joe Imbroll.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Adrian's Wall 1987

Hi there verbatim, I have the Adrian's Wall single "Reach Out (I'll Be There)", a remake of the Four Tops classic which I can upload but I too would prefer to have the album if anyone has it

Here's hoping

Cheers

Micko

GANGgajang-gangAGAIN (1987)

Anybody have GANGgajang-gangAGAIN ripped? If not I have the vinyl and can rip it as long as it is out of print and unavailable (I cannot see it available on their website).

Re: Adrian's Wall 1987

verbatim
Hi people
Looking for a rare and hard to find Adrian Campbell's (Avalanche) album:

Adrian's Wall 1987

Adrian Campbell, Robert Dillon, Steve Donald, Peter Finn, Brett Garsed, Larry Groves, Brian Hamilton, Joe Imbroll.

Thanks in advance!

Hi verbatim (and Micko)

I can help you out with this one. I bought it when it came out and i seem to remember it was really hard to find in the shops.

Album and cover included:
http://rapidshare.com/files/340105176/AW-CITW.rar

Cover only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/340105177/AW-CITW-Cover.rar

RobyB

T.Rox
Hi Micko, et al!

It is a while since I have been here. The new look website is great.

I am trying to find a fairly recent album 'Tension Release' (1991) by Australian Jazz Fusion outfit Crossfire. Would anyone have a copy for upload, please?

Cheers,

Coops

Hi T.Rox
I got a rip i did of a cassette copy of the album. I've never seen the cd. You wouldn't think it would be that flash but it came out ok and i suppose it's better than nothing. I also had to make the cover up myself as the cassette graphics are obviously different to a cd. Anyway i hope you like it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/340247455/Crossfire-TAR-Cover.rar

RobyB

1 2 3 4 5