Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS

Hi again...

Does anyone have the self-titled album from the band The Expression?

Details of the release are below.

I'd really love to get a copy of this one if anyone can help out? PLEASE?

The Expression 10 tr 12 inch 1983/10 Mushroom
-- About Tomorrow
-- Dawn
-- Day and Sleep
-- Decisions
-- Keep Appointments
-- Present Communication
-- Right to a Slice
-- Satisfied Strangers
-- Total Eclipse
-- With Closed Eyes
-- You and Me

Cheers... Michael

Hi Gruntrat, An overseas company released their albums on CD. I bought mine through Red Eye Records in Sydney.

Here is the O/S product page:

http://www.almacantarrecords.com/index.php?cPath=33&osCsid=3465499ab0064e8e5d7aa02f534bfe20

Would anyone have a copy of Renee Geyer's 1981 album So Lucky on CD?

brett
Hi Gruntrat, An overseas company released their albums on CD. I bought mine through Red Eye Records in Sydney.

Here is the O/S product page:

http://www.almacantarrecords.com/index.php?cPath=33&osCsid=3465499ab0064e8e5d7aa02f534bfe20

thanks Brett... located and problem solved.

cheers

I've been searching for ages for a copy of Mary Jo Starr's 1990 album "Too Many Movies"- but no luck. Could anyone please help out? Mary Jo Starr was/is Kaarin Fairfax and the album was produced by Paul Kelly.
Thanks!

MYSTERY LIVE ALBUM ??

evening all ,
im wondering if anyone knows about and if its about , its from early to mid 80s , i think it was on the steps of the sydney opera house , there was some sort of a celebration or something happening a mate brought it along to a session at the community radio station that a mate and i did weekly from 77- 87 (1st FM radio station in Tasmania)sorry off on a tangent there . the stand out performances were stevie wright doing Evie and russell morris doing the real thing amazing , as i remember , it was 20 something years ago .
cheers adrian

SCRIBBLE ?

hI everyone , heres 1 that ive been interested in finding based only on 1 song i have its sunday school by a band called Scribble , i dont even know if there was an album the single came from , i realy like the song and if there is an album id be interested in hearing if its all as good , oh by the way its from the mid 80s as i recall , thank you happy searching Cheers Adrian.

Re: MYSTERY LIVE ALBUM ??

Hi Adrian

Sounds like the album you're looking for (whith Stevie Wright ^& Russell Morris) is "The Concert Of The Decade", which came out on a Double L.P. & was later issued on a Double CD

Both are now long out of print but if you do a search under "Concert Of The Decade", you'll find I've uploaded the CD rip quite a while ago

Hope that helps

Micko

thank you mick again for pointing me in the right direction , what an amazing site , and such generous people , have a great day .
cheers adrian .

Re: SCRIBBLE ?

Scribble was a pseudonym used by Johanna Pigott, who had previously be in the Sydney band The XL Capris. She wrote John Farnham's "Age of Reason" and Dragon's "Rain" with partner Todd Hunter and his brother Marc.

There was a Scribble compilation called "So Far" released on Regular Records in 1985. The song "Sunday School" isn't on the album.

Re: SCRIBBLE ?

Sunday School is on the Scribble album 'Pop Art'. It was released on CD in America a few years ago. I bought a copy at Red Eye Records in Sydney. I think it's still available.Here is the O/S product page:

http://www.almacantarrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=90

Another song released from this album was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHXHe6IyLw8

Hi Todd,
dont know if this is too late ( I only just joined) but I do have Uncle Doug's Rude album, but only on vinyl. If you are still interested let me know and I'll see what we can work for recording etc.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Adrian,
sounds like it was Sydney radio stations Concert of the Decade. Was a great day with hepas of great artists there is download link on here somewhere I just downloaded it myself .

Paul

G Wayne Thomas - S/T

Hope I'm not out of line here.

From searching the forum, I know this album used to be available here but was pulled when Aztec Music announced they were re-releasing it and Crystal Voyager about 18 months ago. I don't know what happened but it's not out and it's not on their list of what's coming out. Crystal Voyager is now available from www.gwaynethomas.com but not his self-titled album.

Any chance it could get posted again?

Thanks
twothig

Re: G Wayne Thomas - S/T

Hi twothig

For amoment there I thought you were answering your own qustion as I thought you wanted Crystal Voyager

Hoever seeing the subject line I find you are looking for GWT's ST album. That should be OK, I"ll just double check with Ted as to what's happening there. It seems most of the albums produced by GWT ie his own album, Duck, Crystal Voyager are no longer on Aztec's list. And yet Autumn's album is due next month. Another that was listed (tho nothing to do with GWT) The Dingoes Live, has also disappeared

I should know by the end of the weekend so I'll keep you posted

Cheers

Micko

Great

Thanks for looking into it

twothig

Sorry to bother you Micko

Any word on G Wayne Thomas self titled album?

twothig

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS / cyclone tracy

Hi, i'm looking for the two albums of

Cyclone Tracy - one eyed (1997)
Cyclone Tracy - schlock (1998)

An australian band. The music is vein of Skid Row (usa)

I haven't found a link so far and the actual cd's are tough to find. Anybody knows/has a link for these two albums.

Thanks a lot.

the great aussie joke by shane bourne and maurie fields. does anyone have it?

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS / cyclone tracy

Hi joske

Sorry mate but these 2 albums are outside of the era that Midoztouch focuses on eg the 60's-80's, and we only added the 80's 12 months ago as it is is

Perhaps you could try the Ausrock music forum as they have severak albums of more recent vintage

Good luck in your search

Micko

Re: Maiden Australia

Would anyone be able to help me out with an album called Maiden Australia? Im not even sure if thats the bands name or the album name. I believe its from 75. Id be grateful if someone could provide info, or better still, a link!?

Re: ALBUM REQUESTS Tina Arena

Could anyone please help me out with trying to track down Tina Arena's "Strong As Steel" '89 album? It's not the '96 re-issue I'm looking for, I have that. More than half the tracks on the original release are no longer available (even if someone can help out just with those missing tracks, rather than the whole LP, it would be much appreciated!) Also any chance of uploading her debut single "Turn Up The Beat"? Cheers all! Dorky request, I know!

Actually Nick, Tina's "Strong As Steel" album came out in 1990, but as she was recording in the '80's the album is elligible.

And in fact I have that original album on CD so please leave it with me for a few days as I have private matters I need to attend to. After that I'll asess whether to upload the artwork & the whole album or just the missing tracks from the still current release. If more than half are missing s you state, I will do the whole album

Get back to ya on this

Micko

Thanks Micko

Look forward to it..

Nick

Re: Tina Arena - Strong As Steel

Tis done Nick if you look at the new Tina post/thread I started

Hope you enjoy

Micko

Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone would have the soundtrack to the aussie film "THE BIG STEAL"?
It was released in 1990 so it may not meet this forums criteria. If not & some one has this available for download could you please email me. Thanks in advance.
Peter

Hi Peter

With Tim Finn, Phil Judd (Split Enz/Swingers), the Mentals, Boom Crash Opera, Schnell Fenster & Eddie Rayner's post Enz band The Makers on the soundtrack, "The Big Steal" certainly is elligible. And quite desirable too with that lineup

I Hope sombody can help

Cheers

Micko

Hi does anyone got Dragon album SUNSHINE
been looking for that for ages - can remember having on Tape.

All i know that this is a great Album by Dragon

Live on the 70's - Rick

Hi Rick

Sony/BMG have recently issued a double CD called "The Essential Dragon" which contains both the "Sunshine"
& "Running Free" albums in full, & in the same running order. It also includes half of Ozambasi, + non album singles & B sides. All digitally remastered to sound better than ever

You can get it here at JB HiFi.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/essential-the/271093

Just $14.00 for a double CD!!! Or go your local JB & you may find it for evas little as $10.00. In fact even at (In) Sanity it's only $10.00 on line

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2090056/Essential_The

So your search is over Rick. Love the new name BTW

Cheers

Micko

Hi Micko
I am looking for the Winter in America album by Doug Ashdown, is it one of those albums that is not allowed on Midoztouch? Thanks very much for all your other posts.

It's Okay Micko, I don't need it now. I hope you get a good bargain when you get your new hard drive.

Re: Maiden Australia

Hi Jess
Try http://80s-tapes.blogspot.com/2008/04/maiden-australia-1983.html

Does anyone have "The Makers - The Makers". They are an Eddie Raynor group from the 80's. Back in the day MTV promoted their single "Big Picture" which barely charted. I would also like any of the rare "Kids In The Kitchen" B-Sides as listed on my "Kids In The Kitchen - Terrain" post.
Cheers

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Swanee

Looking for the album "Days Gone By - The Best Of Swanee". Searched the main page and found it, but it is only ripped at 160kbps. Can anyone provide a higher quality version preferably from CD? I would like to purchase the cd, but after trying JB, (in)Sanity, Virgin and various second hand shops, no luck so far.

Thanks
Pete

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Swanee

Hi thirsty mac

Thanks for the alert re Swanne albu on the home page. I wasn't aware of the poor bit rate myself so once my new hard drive is installed, I have the CD, so will do something about that. Might still be a cuppla days tho

I think ur new around her too so welcome to the Midoz family. Hope u find lots to enjoy on the site so happy hunting

Good luck with the new album & single “Mousetrap Heart" too. The single's a beauty but you have a habit of releasing those

Oh hang on that's Thirsty MERC isn't it?

Cheers mate

Micko

Hi to Micko and everyone, am after a copy of The Delltones Surf 'n Stomp album. If it would be possible to re-establish the link that "Dave" uploaded.

Also are there any other old 60's Australian surfin groups other than the Denvermen and The Atlantics that you might be able to jog my memory about?

The grey matter in the brain is diminishing like the grey matter on my head.

Many thanks.

Scribbo

Scribbo,

If you go to the Australian Music page of the Canetoad Records site [http://canetoadrecords.com/live/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=1] you will find that David McLean has the following CD's available at $25 each:

The Denvermen - "Let's Go Surfside"
(Canetoad CD-030)
The Atlantics - "The Complete CBS Recordings, Volume One"
(Canetoad CD-004)
The Atlantics - "The Complete CBS Recordings, Volume Two"
(Canetoad CD-005)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
RAM

Many thanks for your reply RAM...shall do

Cheers

Scribbo

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - ABIGAIL ALBUM

HI all, just wondering if anyone would have this vinyl gathering dust to upload!

1973 Abigail - Festival Records (Australia) L-35260

Side A: 1. An Occasional Man 2. My Baby Does it Good 3. New Fangled Tango 4. These Dreams 5. Do It Again 6. Je T'aime
Side B 1. Sugar Me 2. The Man I Love 3. (Just As) I Am 4. Pillow Talk 5. Last Tango In Paris 6. Please Terry, Do It One More Time*

Produced by Martin Erdman
Recorded at Festival's 'Studio 24", Sydney Australia

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - ABIGAIL ALBUM

Josh
HI all, just wondering if anyone would have this vinyl gathering dust to upload!

1973 Abigail - Festival Records (Australia) L-35260

Side A: 1. An Occasional Man 2. My Baby Does it Good 3. New Fangled Tango 4. These Dreams 5. Do It Again 6. Je T'aime
Side B 1. Sugar Me 2. The Man I Love 3. (Just As) I Am 4. Pillow Talk 5. Last Tango In Paris 6. Please Terry, Do It One More Time*

Produced by Martin Erdman
Recorded at Festival's 'Studio 24", Sydney Australia

Josh you can get it here

http://terroraustraliss.blogspot.com/

It's not the best rip and the artwork is quite small it's the only copy I've seen unless someone has it here.
Deutros

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - ABIGAIL ALBUM ARTWORK

I have covers and an insert for Abigail's album

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AY4JR48X

Regards

Dave

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - ABIGAIL ALBUM ARTWORK

Dave
I have covers and an insert for Abigail's album

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AY4JR48X

Regards

Dave

Thank you for the covers Dave.

Hi
Does anyone have The Angels Out of the Blue Mini LP
The Angels The Tour EP
Jo Jo Zep and The Falcons So Young Mini LP
Thanks

Early Nick Barker

I hope someone might be able to help me find some early albums from this top under rated artist, mainly Goin' To Pieces or any of his early solo works, I have After The Show & Loose, thanks very much all.

I`ve got hold of his Returned Service, Backyard Six and his latest from Hired Goons but can`t find much else.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Could anyone please upload Marcia Hines' '94 album "Right Here And Now"? It's no longer commercially available (not even iTunes)...
Thanks!

Hi Nick

You're right, this has been unavailbale for a long while but I do have it and will upload it over the weekend, maybe even today if I get a chance

Cheers

Micko

Good news, Micko. Thank you! Look forward to hearing it again whenever you get the chance to upload it. Can't believe that that album is so unavailable these days!
Thanks again...

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS >> MOTIVATERS ST album

gronk
Thank-you Rob, you are a legend! I don't think I've heard any of this before, and it sounds pretty good.

Thanks as well to Micko for the info. Good to know that the album is out there somewhere.

Hi everyone - just signed on and it looks like I can help out here if you are still (after a year) looking for The Motivaters ST album. I have it ripped from a pre-recorded cassette which I can up if anyone would like.

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS Tina Cross

Hi guys,
Not expecting any joy regarding this request- but thought I'd give it a try!
Does anyone out there have NZ singer Tina Cross' second album "X"- think it's called "Tina X"..? It's from 1980. Her first album has been posted on here (brilliant!). Tina was, of course, the voice of Oz 80s duo Koo De Tah.
Fingers are crossed...

Re: Early Nick Barker

Sorry it's taken me a while, Fiery, I haven't looked at the albums requests for a few weeks.

I think I had After The Show and I have the Loose EP, but they're no good to you.

One item you didn't mention was the "Amy" soundtrack which I do have.

Track List:
Nick Barker - Shamrock
Neneh Cherry - Somedays (well known Australian performer)
Nick Barker - By Your Side
Alana De Roma - Ain't No Sunshine [she plays Amy in the movie]
Philip Judd - Amy Suite [selections from the soundtrack]
Ed Kuepper - Real Wild Life
Nick Barker - Paper Cut
Donovan - Colours (another well known etc.)
Lamb - Gorecki
Nick Barker & Alana De Roma - You & Me

I don't know if the Nick Barker tracks are on any other album (not really being a Nick Barker fan - I just really like the movie - Rachel Griffiths / Ben Mendelssohn - Nick Barker appears in flashbacks), so let me know if you want a copy. That goes for any Phil Judd fans out there too, the soundtrack excerpt goes for almost 8 minutes.

Graham

P.S. Micko, I haven't checked availability, but I can't see a 1998 film soundtrack still being available. I'm sure someone will let me know.

And I'll happily leave out the O/S artists, I'm sure everybody in the world owns copy of the Donovan and nobody wants the other one.

1 2 3 4 5