Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS Split Enz

Actually - there is a small number available (now as few as 3 copies) from www.frenz.com for US$30.

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS

Hi,
if anyone has the albums or just a song or two from the bands below i would appreciate very much. all are NZ Bands,
Street talk
Dizzy Limits
In-Betweens
The Tigers
Kal-q-lated Risk or the Risk "in Australia"
The Dedikation
The Link
Beaver or Beaver Storm"live at Ronnie Scotts"
The Narcs/Coconut Rough "joint album"
The Avengers
Chapta
The Rumour
Hogsnort Ruppert

Any of the old Loxene golden disc's recordings

There was a post somewhere wanting Highway "NZ" Band This has just been re-released in NZ, Good news i think.

If theres some kiwi's out there who have an album or a song from the kiwi Psych rock era maybe you could email me,

Cheers

Re: MYSTERY LIVE ALBUM ??

This has to be 'Concert of The Decade' 1979 Mushroom records (Dbl) LP. Concert was held to celebrate the end of the seventies ofr Mushroom, Concert was also filmed. Clips can be found on YouTube BUT not the whole concert. No idea if it was even relased onto video, NO DVD at all has ever emerged of this concert.

think I just broke a rule by posting in the main forum. I'm looking for:

"BEAUTIFUL"
by The Reels!

anyone have it

Micko, Jae, and anyone else interested in what's going on with Jon English's albums -

I contacted Jon's assistant months ago about this, and it became a very long song and dance with many twists and turns.... I'll spare you the details, but the bottom line is this:

Jon's albums "Beating the Boards", "English History" and the new "Six Ribbons" compilation can be purchased through www.ambitionentertainment.com - you click on 'artists', then 'Jon English' and then there's a thing on the right that says 'The Artist Store'. When you click on that it takes you to where you can place an order for any of these. By the looks of it, they're also available on iTunes at the same place.

So no uploads here on these three.

Marina

No biggie Jed

I don't have it myself but good luck with your seach, Hopefully someone will have it for ya mate

Cheers

Micko

Stewart D'Arrietta - "Side Effect" Would very much like to locate a digital copy !!

Hi all :)

I'm seeking a hard to find vinyl release from 1985. It's from an artist by the name of Stewart D'Arrietta and the album name is "Side Effects".

There is one track that's been uploaded to YouTube, "Lulu", which has whet my appetite so I'm keen to track down the album as it features a late school friend of mine, Ian Belton, on bass guitar.

The track on YouTube is really nice and this LP is definitely out of print. The only copy I've located is on eBay Aust but they want more than I can afford and I have no way of playing it anyway.

So, I instantly thought of this great forum and here I am !!

Cheers,

Tasmacca :)

"That Girl Marcie" Artwork & McKenzie Theory "Bon Voyage" Music missing in download section?

Any chance these could be re-uploaded?

"That Girl Marcie" Marcie Jones Artwork & McKenzie Theory "Bon Voyage" Music missing in download section?

Also, Ronnie Burn's "We've Only Just Begun" Scan download is actually the album (without scans)

Thanks much.

Does anybody have the late 70s album by Lynn Hamilton? I don't have a discography so I don't know if there are non-LP singles as well. Just discovered her through a friend and really like her voice.

Hi Mark here's Lynne's LP, it is on here but you need to spell her name Lynne. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PBDYQGZ3

Wow, that was fast. Thanks so much. Do you know if she had any non-LP songs as well?

Hi Mark, Not real sure I do know that she had another single called "In Your Arms" which isn't on the LP and the B side of "On The Inside" wasn't either.

Hi
I have The Makers on CD if you weren't able to source it.....let me know if you want it

Jed---link working for 'Beautiful' on Ozzie Music Man's site :
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?chtlpe8624d3z9w

Is anyone able to re-up the soundtrack to 'Seven Deadly Sins'please -great lineup of artists.Missed it first time around somehow.

I've searched for this before and had no luck, but does anyone happen to possess a 320 CBR rip of Stylus's 1979 masterpiece Part Of It All?

If so, I would humbly appreciate that person's help, as the album itself is rather difficult to get a hold of these days. :(

Kurgan
I've searched for this before and had no luck, but does anyone happen to possess a 320 CBR rip of Stylus's 1979 masterpiece Part Of It All?

If so, I would humbly appreciate that person's help, as the album itself is rather difficult to get a hold of these days. :(
Hey, Kurgan: If you're keen enough, a Japanese CD edition of the album is currently available on eBay. Be warned, though: it's US$38.50.

Kurgan

I've found two, but unfortunately one is 192 CBR and the other 128 CBR. I'm grabbing them anyway in case you're interested. Hopefully they'll sound alright.

Is there a 1978 Seekers album called All Over The World? I'm seeing differing information on it. If there is such an LP, would love to see it posted. Thanks.

I'm requesting the exact album I signed up on this site to get - because its rarity is driving me crazy!

Ronnie Burns' album "Ronnie". I know it's been posted here before, but the link is now dead. I need this to complete my Bee Gee collection. :-)

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS Split Enz

Harry
Greetings:
I fully understand the rules about not asking for albums which are in print and I am pretty sure that all SPLIT ENZ remasters from a few years ago (2006-2007) must still be in print in both New Zealand and Australia, however none of them were ever issued in any form here in the USA and they will never be released in the USA.
I already have seven of the ten.
The three I do not have and are looking for are:
1 - 'Frenzy' (which seems to have been fully-remixed and expanded)
2 - 'Conflicting Emotions' (I am not sure if this has any bonus tracks)
3 - 'See Ya 'Round' (This seems to have one bonus track)
So if it is acceptable to ask for these, I would very much appreciate any help with getting these three. And if it is not acceptable, I understand.

And since I am asking, I am also looking for one more SPLIT ENZ album that was never ever released here and I am lead to understand was never released anywhere outside New Zealand/Australia. It is the 2007 2-CD 28-Track Limited Edition of 'Rootin Tootin Luton Tapes'.

Once again, if these are not proper to ask after, apologies. But as they never were released here and never will be released here I thought I would at least ask.

Thank You In Advance No Matter What Happens.

Harry, Did you ever find your splitenz albums? I can help out with "Conflicting Emotions", and I also have a very rare CD from Splitenz featuring nothing but out-takes. These are from the period of 1980 to 1984. It has the difficult to find single "Next exit" which charted in the AMR charts in April 1983.

megaupload's gone!

Anyone know of a working link to the 1976 Finch album Thunderbird?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew Mac.

I can help you out Andrew, stay tuned.

OK Andrew - you'll now find it on my blog (thanks to Midoztouch)

http://rockonvinyl.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/finch-thunderbird-1976-bonus-tracks.html

Hi Micko and everybody else, Thanks for all the great music. I would like to request two Max Merritt albums "Keeping in Touch" and "Black Plastic Max" I wish that they would put all his albums out officially on CD, it's ridiculous that you can't buy "A Little Easier" and "Out of the Blue" on CD. I have downloaded them from here though, which I am grateful for.
Thanks everybody

Hello Shaun I posted "Black Plastic Max" some time ago on my blog http://mymusicrip.blogspot.com.au/ I've renewed the link today as to "Keeping in Touch" give me a day or 2 and I should have that up as well.

Thank you very much Deutros it is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an album by Adam Reily called the beginning. It was released in 1995.

I've searched everywhere, just can't find it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mark
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I hope someone can help me.

I'm looking for an album by Adam Reily called the beginning. It was released in 1995.

I've searched everywhere, just can't find it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Mark,

I have this CD but as this is outside the parameters of the Forum, could you contact me off forum.

Cheers

BrianL

Hi folks,

I stumbled across this nice little forum a few days ago, because I was looking for the album 'Guitar Method' from Peter Lillie. Unfortunately the link was already down. Even though I already asked for the re-up in the original thread, I will post my request also in this one here, hoping that even if the original uploader isn't around for a while, someone else has picked up this album and can do me a real favour and upload it for me. This would be really, really awsome!

best regards

Hi, I'm wondering please if I could request a FLAC rip of Johnny Young and Kompany - The Festival Files CD. This would be much appreciated. :) As noted in another post, I was not able to find any copies of this CD anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Hi Rainman I think you would be very lucky to ever find an original copy of the CD I have never seen a copy for sale. so I'm willing to rip my CD for you I don't have a programme to do a FLAC version for you I can offer you a MP3@320 or a Wave file let me know what you want.

Deutros
Hi Rainman I think you would be very lucky to ever find an original copy of the CD I have never seen a copy for sale. so I'm willing to rip my CD for you I don't have a programme to do a FLAC version for you I can offer you a MP3@320 or a Wave file let me know what you want.

Hey Deutros, Thanks for the offer, wow - that was very quick. If you can please do a WAV rip, that would be tremendously appreciated.

Generally speaking, it's a shame the record labels don't support our local artists back catalogue by re-issuing these titles. I guess the next best thing is at least sharing here, which helps at least preserve the wonderful music culture we've had in this country over the years.

I'm an 80s child that liked everything from that decade, but I also love the 70s, and do appreciate much 60s stuff. I remember we did a randition of "Get Back" at our school's end of year concert and presentation - Year eight in 1984, that was my introduction to Johnny Youngs music. It was a rather funny event, over 1800 people in the school hall, the girl who was suppose to sing forgot half the words, and I was playing keyboards which I think wasn't working properly, but hey, it was the innocence of school. :) :) and nothing back then mattered much.

Ok Rainman all done just head on over to my blog I've just posted it there.

Deutros
Ok Rainman all done just head on over to my blog I've just posted it there.

Deutrous, that is much appreciated. Just want to confirm, the file name is johnny young.exe? the exe just got some alarm bells ringing, as I thought archived files end in rar? I'll give it another go tomorrow, just to be sure. :)

no Rainman that's file factories downloader just look down a touch and you'll see a box untick it should be fine.

Yep, just saw that when you replied. Geez I'm 43 and still can't work out some of these sites, goes to show how old fashion I am, hahahah. Many thanks any way. :) :)

Hi guys, has anybody got No turning back and the live album by Kevin Borich Express, were they ever released on CD?
Thanks

Hi Shaun

I think they were both posted on here a few years back; I certainly have a rip of one or both. I don't think they are on CD. I'll check; if not, I may be able to reupload.

Gareth

Thanks Garethofoz, much appreciated.

Hi Shaun

'Borich Live' was released on CD but not his 'No Turning Back' album

You'll find postings for each of these albums at:

Kevin Borich Live

No Turning Back

This should save Garethofoz some work

Thanks, Guy!

G.

Thanks very much Guy

Thanx Guy

Would anyone be able to share the Australian versions of LRB's After Hours and Diamantina Cocktail? I've got the international versions but would like to have the originals also, as I understand some of the tracks from After Hours were re-recorded and/or remixed for the international album. Thanks.

Hi Rick

These two LRB albums have been recently re released as a double set by Lemon Records. ( USA I presume ) The info states that these are the Australian original releases
check out http://theseconddisc.com/category/little-river-band/
Cheers
DaveL

Dave, thanks, I didn't realize the 2010 digital remasters of these albums were the original Australian versions. Itunes and spotify both use these versions. Grabbed them from there. The version of Greatest Hits on Spotify is also the one with the alternate mixes of Man On Your Mind (with horn section) and Take It Easy On Me (Wayne Nelson lead vocal. The debut album also has 3 bonus tracks I haven't heard before so it was a good day for some LRB treasure hunting. Thanks for the infro.

DaveL
( USA I presume )

Lemon appears to be a UK label associated with Cherry Red Records

Amazon.com (US) lists these as an import.

But thanks for the heads up about these releases!

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could please re-up the album "Dream After Dream: The Complete Works" by The New Dream? It's impossible to find some of their tracks in CD quality without this gem. The old links (in a previous post) are long dead!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out.

1 2 3 4 5