Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS - Doug Mulray

Sorry I'm so late responding Brett

Yep, upload Braithwaite's Taste The Salt album as the Rajon label, who issued all of "The Great..." CD sets has been defunct for nearly a year now

And Richard Pleasance was the main songwriter for one of the 80's biggest and best Aussie bands Boom Crash Opera". So it's certainly eligible. Look forward to them both

Cheers & thanks for the offer

Micko

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS

does anybody have daryl braithwaites fith solo effort
taste the salt as this is now out of print i can not find it anywere even seconhand i use to have this on tape till my duaghter dropped it in the fishtank yes not happy jan?
todd

Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

Just enquiring whether anyone might have Colourblind by Richard Pleasance (his second solo album. Thanks.

Re: Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

Yes, i have his second album 'ColourBlind' which includes the song 'Love Is All'. I will look at posting it for you.

Re: Colourblind by Richard Pleasance

thanks Brett

hi guys

I have been looking for The Delltones - Bop Til Ya Drop for such a long time now, I seriously think it is out of print. If anyone can help out with this request it would be great.

And to the site admin, great work keep it up. Definately a trip down memory lane!!

Hey Kelvin

I do have this on vinyl but it hasn't been ripped. I do know that my local library has a copy on CD tho. So as I have to go in there tomorrow anyway I'll grab it then

So no long to wait

Cheers

Micko

Anyone have either of theses "Mr. Lee Grant" or "Mr. Lee in London" huge in NZ in the sixties.

Does anyone have a copy of Kevin Bennett/James Gillard - "Two".
While these days they are firmly rooted in the earthy sounds of alternative country with The Flood, Bennett once served time in Moving Pictures and sang with Icehouse while James Gillard was with Western Flyer and Mondo Rock.
The CD came out in 2002 but has been deleted for some years. I have tried so hard to get this album so any assistance would be very appreciated.
Cheers
Matt

Any body got any of these albums by Melbourne band of the 1990's "Velvet Hammer"?

Baby is a Psycho 1990
Exploding Head Syndrome 1995
Flesh Fetish Factor 1997

Jim Keays ~ Boy From The Stars. anyone have this? Haven't heard it in years.. thanks in advance

Hi George, 'Boy From The Stars' should be still available.

http://ravenrecordscomau.melbourneitwebsites.com/cat/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=3293&product_id=89822

brett
Hi George, 'Boy From The Stars' should be still available.

http://ravenrecordscomau.melbourneitwebsites.com/cat/index.cgi/shopfront/view_product_details?category_id=3293&product_id=89822

Thanks Brett

By chance, has anyone ripped a copy of "Twilight Time" by The Twilights which contained some of their concert recordings?

I believe it was released on vinyl by Raven about 1982.

Neil
By chance, has anyone ripped a copy of "Twilight Time" by The Twilights which contained some of their concert recordings?

I believe it was released on vinyl by Raven about 1982.

Yes Neil you can find a copy on the web page under downloads 60's

Kevin Peek - Beyond The Planets

I know this one is a real stretch, but does anyone have access to Beyond The Planets from about 1985 featuring Kevin Peek?

It's a rock interpretation of Holst's The Planets.

The cover credits the album to Jeff Wayne - Rick Wakeman - Kevin Peek and is often listed around the internet as being a Wakeman album. Jeff Wayne's contribution is limited to composing the intro, and Rick Wakeman only plays on 3 of the 8 tracks, with a composer credit for the fanfare at the end.

Kevin Peek is featured throughout on guitar and possibly some of the keyboards. The album also features Kevin's old mate Trevor Spencer on drums. Despite this it usually doesn't appear on KP related discographies (for instance on the Sky fansite which lists other KP albums).

It was recorded in WA and Wakeman's participation probably came about when he performed with Sky on an Aus tour. It was issues on a small UK label Telstar that usually only does el cheapo compilations

Dell Dudenhoeffer - My Life

Any chance that any of you moguls have this in your hiddings. I know it should be among the rarest from Australia but i also know that there was a reissue on vinyl made in 2008. So i ask hopefully and hope i get lucky.

Hi Micko, et al!

It is a while since I have been here. The new look website is great.

I am trying to find a fairly recent album 'Tension Release' (1991) by Australian Jazz Fusion outfit Crossfire. Would anyone have a copy for upload, please?

Cheers,

Coops

Adrian's Wall 1987

Hi people
Looking for a rare and hard to find Adrian Campbell's (Avalanche) album:

Adrian's Wall 1987

Adrian Campbell, Robert Dillon, Steve Donald, Peter Finn, Brett Garsed, Larry Groves, Brian Hamilton, Joe Imbroll.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Adrian's Wall 1987

Hi there verbatim, I have the Adrian's Wall single "Reach Out (I'll Be There)", a remake of the Four Tops classic which I can upload but I too would prefer to have the album if anyone has it

Here's hoping

Cheers

Micko

GANGgajang-gangAGAIN (1987)

Anybody have GANGgajang-gangAGAIN ripped? If not I have the vinyl and can rip it as long as it is out of print and unavailable (I cannot see it available on their website).

verbatim
Hi people
Looking for a rare and hard to find Adrian Campbell's (Avalanche) album:

Adrian's Wall 1987

Adrian Campbell, Robert Dillon, Steve Donald, Peter Finn, Brett Garsed, Larry Groves, Brian Hamilton, Joe Imbroll.

Thanks in advance!

Hi verbatim (and Micko)

I can help you out with this one. I bought it when it came out and i seem to remember it was really hard to find in the shops.

Album and cover included:
http://rapidshare.com/files/340105176/AW-CITW.rar

Cover only:
http://rapidshare.com/files/340105177/AW-CITW-Cover.rar

RobyB

T.Rox
Hi Micko, et al!

It is a while since I have been here. The new look website is great.

I am trying to find a fairly recent album 'Tension Release' (1991) by Australian Jazz Fusion outfit Crossfire. Would anyone have a copy for upload, please?

Cheers,

Coops

Hi T.Rox
I got a rip i did of a cassette copy of the album. I've never seen the cd. You wouldn't think it would be that flash but it came out ok and i suppose it's better than nothing. I also had to make the cover up myself as the cassette graphics are obviously different to a cd. Anyway i hope you like it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/340247455/Crossfire-TAR-Cover.rar

RobyB

Thanks for this & the Crossfire albums RobynB. It's fntastic that you're able to contribute musically as well as wit thanks

I wonder if you'd mind posting these links on 2 separate threads of their own. I could do it for you but you desreve the credit of course. The only other thing I might ask is that you upload to Megaupload please. You'll have noticed that 99.9% of posts here are with that provider, for the simple fact that they last 2-3 years while on rapidshare it can be as litle as a a few weeks, which usually necessitates reposting by someone

Anyway when I do my cleanout of this thread as i do every so often, I can delete the posts relating to them, while at the same time, leaving open the possibilty that someone may have Crossfire ripped from CD

Many thanks for your contributions

Micko

Re: ALBUMS REQUESTS Shazza O"Neill/Jo Jo Zep

Peoples,

Thanks for the obscure bits that have been posted date.

I'm after a couple of albums from 1982 & 1983.

Jo Jo Zep - Cha

Sharon O'Neill - Foreign Affairs.

Both of which I don't believe are available on CD anywhere, however I stand corrected.

Regards

Bluecent

THANKS a million RobyB !!!
You're a Star

Re: GANGgajang-gangAGAIN (1987)

Grado
Anybody have GANGgajang-gangAGAIN ripped? If not I have the vinyl and can rip it as long as it is out of print and unavailable (I cannot see it available on their website).

Grado... if Micko gives the nod on this one I have it on CD and I can add it within 24 hours. I also have Lingo and Oceans & Deserts. Not sure if they are available.

If there is any doubts, please let me know and I can contact the band and find out exactly what is and isn't still in print.

Hi Grado (& Grunt )

Having checked the usual retail outlets as well as the bands own website, I can confirm that all of GANGgajang's original albums are unavailable bar 'Oceans & Deserts' which is available from all

There is alos an "Essential' CD & a DVD Collections but that seems to be all

So if you would like to hlp, Grunt me old mate, by all means do so. Perhaps starting with the 80's albums tho

Thanks for the offer of help mate

Micko

Radiators - Scream of The Real

Hey, I'm after The Radiators - Scream of The Real.
Can't find it listed anywhere, so assume it's long deleted. Can anyone help with this one please?

Horsehead - Goodbye Mothership (1999)

Although this album is from the nineties, the members are ex Boom Crash Opera, Serious Young Insects, Uncanny X-Men from the eighties. So I hope it is within guidelines.

This album appears not to be currently available except on Ebay secondhand. Does anyone have it or know where it might be available?

Thanks

Re: Horsehead - Goodbye Mothership (1999)

mcphert1
Although this album is from the nineties, the members are ex Boom Crash Opera, Serious Young Insects, Uncanny X-Men from the eighties. So I hope it is within guidelines.

Hiya mcphert...
I don't have the album but I just noticed a single from Horsehead on the Friday On My Mind blog, She Fell To Earth.

Not sure if you have that one or not but it has 2 tracks on it that are not on the album anyway.

http://mymusicrip.blogspot.com/

cheers... Michael

micko
Hi Grado (& Grunt )

Having checked the usual retail outlets as well as the bands own website,

So if you would like to hlp, Grunt me old mate, by all means do so. Perhaps starting with the 80's albums tho

Thanks for the offer of help mate

Micko

Micko... all ripped... will scan the covers and upload tonight. Just dealing with an ADHD kid at the moment that's slowing me down.

Hiya mcphert...
I don't have the album but I just noticed a single from Horsehead on the Friday On My Mind blog, She Fell To Earth.

Not sure if you have that one or not but it has 2 tracks on it that are not on the album anyway.

http://mymusicrip.blogspot.com/

cheers... Michael[/quote]

Thanks Michael. Yes, I did see the EP, although I have had She Fell To Earth since it came out. I would love to see if the album is of that same high standard. Anyone?

Regards mcphert1

does anyone have any albums by Wallis and Matilda or if any are still available could i have a link pleas.... thank you all

These 3 Box Sets are available on The Planet Company label for $29.95 each at JB HiFi, Leading Edge and all ABC Shops.

http://www.wallisandmatilda.com.au/purchase.shtml

Hope this helps you Wobbly

Little Heroes - Bon Voyage

Another one that has popped into my mind that I am searching for is the Bon Voyage album from The Little Heroes.

Hopefully someone out there might have this one.

Cheers... Michael

Re: Little Heroes - Bon Voyage

Hi Gruntrat, I only know The Little Heroes song 'Bon Voyage' as a track on their 'Watch the World' album.

http://pub44.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3725630012&frmid=8&msgid=977473&cmd=show

Hi again...

Does anyone have the self-titled album from the band The Expression?

Details of the release are below.

I'd really love to get a copy of this one if anyone can help out? PLEASE?

The Expression 10 tr 12 inch 1983/10 Mushroom
-- About Tomorrow
-- Dawn
-- Day and Sleep
-- Decisions
-- Keep Appointments
-- Present Communication
-- Right to a Slice
-- Satisfied Strangers
-- Total Eclipse
-- With Closed Eyes
-- You and Me

Cheers... Michael

Hi Gruntrat, An overseas company released their albums on CD. I bought mine through Red Eye Records in Sydney.

Here is the O/S product page:

http://www.almacantarrecords.com/index.php?cPath=33&osCsid=3465499ab0064e8e5d7aa02f534bfe20

Would anyone have a copy of Renee Geyer's 1981 album So Lucky on CD?

brett
Hi Gruntrat, An overseas company released their albums on CD. I bought mine through Red Eye Records in Sydney.

Here is the O/S product page:

http://www.almacantarrecords.com/index.php?cPath=33&osCsid=3465499ab0064e8e5d7aa02f534bfe20

thanks Brett... located and problem solved.

cheers

I've been searching for ages for a copy of Mary Jo Starr's 1990 album "Too Many Movies"- but no luck. Could anyone please help out? Mary Jo Starr was/is Kaarin Fairfax and the album was produced by Paul Kelly.
Thanks!

MYSTERY LIVE ALBUM ??

evening all ,
im wondering if anyone knows about and if its about , its from early to mid 80s , i think it was on the steps of the sydney opera house , there was some sort of a celebration or something happening a mate brought it along to a session at the community radio station that a mate and i did weekly from 77- 87 (1st FM radio station in Tasmania)sorry off on a tangent there . the stand out performances were stevie wright doing Evie and russell morris doing the real thing amazing , as i remember , it was 20 something years ago .
cheers adrian

SCRIBBLE ?

hI everyone , heres 1 that ive been interested in finding based only on 1 song i have its sunday school by a band called Scribble , i dont even know if there was an album the single came from , i realy like the song and if there is an album id be interested in hearing if its all as good , oh by the way its from the mid 80s as i recall , thank you happy searching Cheers Adrian.

Re: MYSTERY LIVE ALBUM ??

Hi Adrian

Sounds like the album you're looking for (whith Stevie Wright ^& Russell Morris) is "The Concert Of The Decade", which came out on a Double L.P. & was later issued on a Double CD

Both are now long out of print but if you do a search under "Concert Of The Decade", you'll find I've uploaded the CD rip quite a while ago

Hope that helps

Micko

thank you mick again for pointing me in the right direction , what an amazing site , and such generous people , have a great day .
cheers adrian .

Re: SCRIBBLE ?

Scribble was a pseudonym used by Johanna Pigott, who had previously be in the Sydney band The XL Capris. She wrote John Farnham's "Age of Reason" and Dragon's "Rain" with partner Todd Hunter and his brother Marc.

There was a Scribble compilation called "So Far" released on Regular Records in 1985. The song "Sunday School" isn't on the album.

Re: SCRIBBLE ?

Sunday School is on the Scribble album 'Pop Art'. It was released on CD in America a few years ago. I bought a copy at Red Eye Records in Sydney. I think it's still available.Here is the O/S product page:

http://www.almacantarrecords.com/product_info.php?cPath=54&products_id=90

Another song released from this album was this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHXHe6IyLw8

Hi Todd,
dont know if this is too late ( I only just joined) but I do have Uncle Doug's Rude album, but only on vinyl. If you are still interested let me know and I'll see what we can work for recording etc.

Cheers
Paul

Hi Adrian,
sounds like it was Sydney radio stations Concert of the Decade. Was a great day with hepas of great artists there is download link on here somewhere I just downloaded it myself .

Paul

G Wayne Thomas - S/T

Hope I'm not out of line here.

From searching the forum, I know this album used to be available here but was pulled when Aztec Music announced they were re-releasing it and Crystal Voyager about 18 months ago. I don't know what happened but it's not out and it's not on their list of what's coming out. Crystal Voyager is now available from www.gwaynethomas.com but not his self-titled album.

Any chance it could get posted again?

Thanks
twothig

1 2 3 4