Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Town Criers - Complete Recordings

Town Criers - Complete Recordings

Included are two Gemini 5 tracks as this band included 3 future members Sam Dunnin (g) Mark Demajo (b) George

(Katz) Kurtiss (keys) (Thanks to micko for this bit of info) and a couple of Acoustic versions of "Everlasting

Love" and " Any Old Time"

Where Have All the Good Times Gone
Mama Keep Your Big Mouth Shut
No,No,No (Gemini 5)
I'm Your Man (Gemini 5)
The World Keeps on Turning Round
Big Deal
Everlasting Love
I Can't Help Myself
Unexpectedly
It's Hurting Badly
Take Me for a Little While
Any Old Time
Rene
Love Me Again
Hey Girl
Living In a World of Love
The Roundabout
Laughing Man
Living In a Dream World
Love,Love,Love
Chorus Girl
Any Old Time (Acoustic Version)
Everlasting Love (Acoustic Version)

Mp3 @ 320 No artwork

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I7L4A5PC

Re: Town Criers - Complete Recordings

Deutros,

Good stuff some great music here. Micko and I was only talking the other night about this band and how their stuff should be out there and now here it is. Thanks again.

Indeed we were Ozzie so when Deutros sent me this complete collection yesterday, I insisted that he post it.

I was aware of this collection doing the rounds but the only person I knew who had it I've lost touch with. So I'm very grateful to get it at last

So many thanks Deutros

I don't suppose anyone has any artwork for this at all? We can live in hope I suppose

Cheers

Micko

Thanks deutros, the Gemini track "I'm Your Man" will come in handy. I've been after it for some time!!

The Artwork to accompany this Town Criers CD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1GGLY23

Dave

Thnx for the artwork Dave

I now have the missing B sides fro Jon Blanchfield thanks to Deutros. You don't have that 2nd no-charting single that Brian Cadd wrote do you. Then I'll have a complete set of Jon's recordings

Cheers

Micko, enjoying all the new music activity of late

Thanks for the Artwork Dave.

Thanks Deutros for a great share.

Cheers, Craig.

Fantastic, Deutros. I've had a few TCs' mp3s but a lot of gaps in the collection. Suffice to say - no more! Thanks a lot.

Duetros,

What a goldmine you are! Many thanks. I've been wanting this for years and you've done the deal again.

For me, "Roundabout" is one of the great Aussie singles from the late 60's...and it was only the B side.

Thanks for this deutros, was chasing the later stuff for ages... you the man

ram
For me, "Roundabout" is one of the great Aussie singles from the late 60's...and it was only the B side.

On your recommendation I went and listened to it and it's a little gem. Sounds a little bit like Master's Apprentices c. 69/70!

Thanks ram for pointing it out.

another great collection, Thanks deutros and Dave
Cheers
Rob

Yet another great download - particularly enjoyed the unplugged version of Everlasting Love - was this recorded in the 60's ?

Once again many thanks.

Thanks for this one Deutros. Great memories here.

Cheers, Craig.

Thanks for this share Deutros

Regards

Rhod

UNreal Orange Peel!
Thanks Deutros - your contribution is much appreciated.
Cheers
rayc

Town Criers lead singer Barry Smith is a Facebook friend of mine who I've interacted with a bit of late. Somebody was asking on his page where they could get the band's old recordings & rather than post this link publicly, I sent it to Barry off-list in case he might like a copy himself. As it turns out he did, but his reply was both interesting & informative re the history of the band & he answers Frank's question about those unplugged performances too. Oh & he appreciated the comments re "Roundabout" too as you'll read below:

Thanks Mick.
I do have these songs someone put together for me on a cd.

Interesting that it says Sam & Mark joined The Town Criers later. The true story is there was a band playing in the Eastern suburbs called the Town Criers.
This band split up altogether.They had Andy Agtoft & Chris Easterby in their line up.

There was a band playing around Melb called Gemini 5,they didn't split up but their singer John Thomas (formerly of The Flies) & their drummer left so Mark Demajo & Sam Dunnin who were in Gemini 5 put an add in the paper for a drummer & a singer to come & audition for Gemini 5.Chris & Andy answered the add,came to the audition & got the gig with them.
They decided to change their name as it was a bit dated & did a gig or 2 under the name of "Oxen".

Deciding they weren't happy with that name,Sam & Mark suggested that The Town Criers wasn't a bad name & suggested they call the band that.So they all agreed & that was the birth of The Town Criers.That was around 1967.I joined in Oct 68.

Someone also asked who recorded the unplugged versions of Everlasting Love & Any Old Time.
That was Sam,Mark ,Chris & I at Gold FM for Gavin Wood in 1997.Gavin was putting together an all Australian Unplugged album,but it never came to
fruition I don't think.

You're welcome to put this information on this site if you like Mick.

Oh,there were a couple of pleasing comments on one of our songs called "The Roundabout". Pleasing because it was the first song yours truly ever wrote!

Cheers Mick.

Barry...

and cheers from me too

Micko

Just realised I have this but never thanked those involved. Mea Culpa.
What a fabulous history and collection. Thankyou to Deutros, Micko and Barry Smith
or as they say in Madrid
Muchas Gracias

Hagar

Micko,
Thanks for posting Barry's message. It's terrific to get the history clarified from someone who was part of the band.

Please pass on my belated congratulations to him for "The Roundabout". What a great first up song writing effort! I thought it was a cracker when I first heard it as an 18 year old and it was one of my favourite Aussie singles back then.....it still is 40+ years later.

Cheers,
RAM

Thanks to everyone in this thread - just so interesting to read the background.

Has anyone please got a direct from 45 rip of "Love me again" in flac? I have it on the Australian Pop of the 60s CD, (the second one in the series I think), but it sounds like it's been pushed down to 256 mp3, or sounds like it's been smothered in noise reduction. I would very much appreciate a fresh lossless copy of this song.

Thanks

I have the original 45 disc of the Town Criers - Love Me Again and have run it off in Flac format, hope it is a better sound for you Rainyman, enjoy.

http://ul.to/5otnn0qg

Dougie
I have the original 45 disc of the Town Criers - Love Me Again and have run it off in Flac format, hope it is a better sound for you Rainyman, enjoy.

http://ul.to/5otnn0qg

Hey dougie, thanks for this superb rip, it certainly sounds much more livelier then the one on Australian Pop of the 60s. Again, much appreciated as usual. :)