Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Getting Back To Nothing - Soundtrack

Here's a vinyl rip of Getting Back to Nothing, the soundtrack of the movie directed by Tim Burstall.

"Getting Back To Nothing (16 mm Eastmancolour) is a 52-minute film dealing with the 1970 World Surfing Championships which were held in May at Bell's Beach, Victoria."

Side 1
Getting Back To Nothing (Hans Poulsen)
Double Stroke (Billy Green)
No Surf Blues (Bruce Woodley)
Bell's Beach Stomp (Billy Green) (Sung by Mike Brady)
Setting The Tempos (Bruce Woodley)
The Crowd At Bell's (Billy Green)

Side 2
Surf's Up (Hans Poulsen)
Soul Surfing (Billy Green)
Pa's Song (Bruce Woodley)
Bomb Out Baby (Hans Poulsen)
Noise Of The Tube (Bruce Woodley)
Speed (Billy Green)
Getting Back To Nothing (Hans Poulsen) (This is a reprise, not the same as the first track)

Released on Fable - FBSA-005

Album and cover: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GH7SSGBL
Album cover only: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WPX7AQX9

Re: Getting Back To Nothing - Soundtrack

Wow RobyB - didn't even know this existed. More from the great Hans Poulsen. Thanks mate.
Cheers
Terry

Email  

Thanks for this RobyB Didn't even know this was ever released. Really enjoyed it great songs from hans and Bruce . Billy Green's tracks are great. Any chance of a back cover scan?
Cheers
Rob

Thanks RobyB looking forward to a listen.

Thanks RobyB

I'm the same as everyone else never knew it existed.Great to have some more Hans Poulson.

regards

Rhod

Email  

I would have sworn I'd uploaded this but obviously not, So many thank for this Robyb. A fine start to your contributions to our fabulous forum

Just one thing , and that is I would like to echo ecrob's request for a back cover scan to be inluded in future. As you may noticed, we like to have the original artwork as complete as possible whenever you're providing it so that we can create our own CD's. That would also include any inserts or insides of gatefolds if possible also, just like the originals. If you're imaginative enough to able to create a tray insert as well, that would also be highly thought of but I understand if you'd like to practice a bit on those

However in this instance, It just so happens that I have the artwork for this fine album, which inludes the front & back scans & a CD tray insert. So I have uploaded that for everyone. This IS one of Woodynet's so I'd like to thank him for it. The link you need for the artwork is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJNK8EIY

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Robyb & Micko - thanks for this. Another Oz Surf Culture obscurity. I'm happy to have this & I'll be making a copy for a former boss of mine who has been a surfer sinced the mid 60's - he still waxes & is slowly trying to recollect all the LPs of that niave & yet to be commercialized culture that he once had but have disappeared over time.
Cheers
rayc

Email  

Hi all.

Thanks for the thanks. As is your custom, i've uploaded the back cover. Next time i'll do both.

Micko, i did have a look to see if it was already up but didn't see it and i thought it's relatively rare and would be of interest. I know you've put up the artwork but i'd done it in the meantime so if anyone wants a choice here it is.

Back cover: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LZ4VAWJZ

Always good to have 2nd option anyway RobyB

Thanks for that

Micko

Email  

Thanks RobyB and Micko for the album and art
keith

Quote: Rhod
I'm the same as everyone else never knew it existed.
I thought everybody knew about this . . .Only kidding. A pleasant surprise to me as well
Thanks RobyB

Hagar

Thanks RobyB

Missed this first time around, an unusual mix of artists.

Regards

Rhod

Email  

Hello Midoz people

Ive looked high and low for this soundtrack for more years than I can remember, and it has eluded me. Until now. Having discovered your wonderful sight, I saw that the album was posted some years ago. Would anyone out there be able to re up the post. Truely it would make my day...

I bought this album around 1974/75. Yes, it's a great album.

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains