Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
« | | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | | »
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BOBBIE THOMAS & THE BEAUMEN

Thanks Dave - You bewdie mate. Much appreciated.

I know it's asking a lot from you, but if you have Bobbie's two singles with The Whispers and three solo singles, any chance of also posting these?

Thanks again, RUSTY

JOHN RUPERT GROUP

Could anybody help me out with The John Rupert Group's one and only single "Put a Bar in My Car" / "Tightrope" (1968)?

I am curious to hear it after putting the Fraser Tapes, Volume 3 together which includes a couple of tracks by the group. It was on e-bay recently but unfortunately I missed the boat.

Cheers,
RAM

Re: JOHN RUPERT GROUP

Hi RAM

Recorded under the name John Rupert

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F9TBUUBP

Regards

Dave

Re: JOHN RUPERT GROUP

Thanks Dave, I really appreciate you taking the trouble to answer my request....terrific stuff.

That's two gems you've come up this week that I never thought I'd ever get hold of.

Cheers mate,
RAM

Wickedy Wak/Rick Springfield "Billie's Bikie Boys"

Wondering if anyone has in their stash of 45's Wickedy Wak's first single w/Rick Springfield "Billie's Bikie Boys/Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" - been searching for this one for a long long time. Thanks gents (and lasses)!

Rick.

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS

Hi, congratulations on your forum guys, I just discovered it and I think it's amazing. I'd like to know if someone has the "Quick On The Draw" single from Stars???

Thanks a lot!!!

Email  
RAY HOFF & THE OFFBEATS - WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO

Dave's recent Ray Hoff & The Offbeats Festival File artwork posting had me looking at Ray Hoff again and I was wondering if anyone can help me out with "What Do You Want Me To Do", which was the B Side to "Little Queenie" (1965 RCA 101592)

For those looking for it, "Little Queenie" is on the "25 RARE RECYCLED RCA ROCK RELICS" album.

Many thanks,
RAM

Quote: Argenis
Hi, congratulations on your forum guys, I just discovered it and I think it's amazing. I'd like to know if someone has the "Quick On The Draw" single from Stars???

Thanks a lot!!!

Argenis you can get "Quick On The Draw" here Micko posted it some time ago.
http://pub44.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3725630012&frmid=8&msgid=896750&cmd=show

I know that The Pastoral Symphony's 'A' side of the single "Love Machine" / "Spread A Little Love Around" (Festival FK-2343) is readily available, but I can't find the 'B' side song "Spread . .. ". Can anyone help me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks gang!

Email  
Terry Britten Unedited "Bargain Day"

Not having heard the actual single cut from "2,000 Weeks" / "Bargain Day" (Columbia DO-8711) of the song 'Bargain Day' - according to milesago 'Bargain Day' is edited on the Raven "The Way They Played" CD. Could someone upload a rip of 'Bargain Day' off the 45 single? Let's do it for Terry. :)

Thanks again gang!

Email  
Rick Springfield rare & alternate cuts

I've been bothering everyone for awhile now asking about Rick Springfield's first single - he was with Wickedy Wak for a very short while and they produced one single. Through a random act of kindness I got the MP3s for this single - "Billie's Bikie Boys b/w Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." The 'A' side is a great single, if I do say so myself - reminiscent of things to come with Zoot. The 'B' side is what it is - you be the judge. Please find also with this download a rare US single "Streakin' Across the USA/Music To Streak By" - the 'B' side is from a studio band of some sort called 'Springfield Mass.' I don't believe Rick was involved with the flip side of this single, but don't have any definitive information on that one way or the other. Lastly, courtesy of TOM MIX OZ MUSIC, please find an extended version of Rick's "Hooky Jo." Hope you enjoy. I'm glad to finally give something back to you all. Cheers. Reeko. Download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QV5GZ49O

Hi Micko and all the sharers and carers in MIDOZLAND.

I'm after Beautiful City, the B-side to Johnny Farnham's I Can't Dance To your Music [EMI 10275]
This will complete my "Johnny" singles from Sadie to Don't Rock The Boat.[Thanks to the MILESAGO SITE for the info]
Can any of you fellow music tragics help me please?

Thanks heaps, Jamie
ps Sorry for making this request in the wrong place after I d/led 'pippin'

Email  

Here ya go Jamie. Beautiful City as requested.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DPD36G4W

As it turns out, as this song was written by Stephen Schwartz who wrote Pippin, it was probably in the most appropriate thread AFTER this one

So now you have all of Johnny's singles. Sounds like a fabulous compilation mate. I'll look & see if EMI have any current compilations and if not, perhaps you could upload it for us. But I'll get back to ya re that

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Well Micko,
Talk about quick off the mark!!!

I'm so impressed and pleased.
Left the computer to do Maths tutoring, had tea,
d/l-ed from another site and here we are.
I have been referring u 2 others - such a treasure trove of deleted and unobtainable stuff.

I'll have 2 sort it all out onto a couple of "Johnny" cds now.
All tracks are not 'single' versions, many are LP but am unsure of any differences except mono/stereo.
Thanks again Micko [have u an OAM yet?]
Jamie

ps Haven't got 1968 Christmas single just the pop ones.

Email  

Hello All,

I am writing in to ask for any information about two singles from the last 70's/early 80's:

Sometimes When We Touch - John Brownrigg

and

You weren't in love with me - sung by G Wayne Thomas

I have tried searching the ENTIRE internet to buy copies of these songs and have contacted the artists for information but to no avail. Any tips?

Cedwards

Email  

John Paul Young Single for 1982 OH NO NO
can someone tell me if there was a album

Email  

Rick as far as I know "Oh No No" single of JPY has never been on an album. I have the single and will post it on my Blog very soon.

Hi Ozzie Music Man,
Thanks for you help but i've got the single too
just wanted to know if there was an album with that song on it.
It's not the best one of JPY's but the more you play it tends to grow on ya.
anyway thanks for your help - RICK (Rick1960)

Email  
BAD

Hi Neil & RobyB

Here is the BAD single you were after
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E6B0WJQG

Dave

Hi,

Does anyone have these tracks by the Southern Gentlemen?:

- Mean, mean city Festival FK-1122
- A wondrous place (Giant-Lewis) Columbia DO-4714

I love 'Leave myself to Me' and 'I Want you back again', so very curious to hear their b-sides.

Also, does anything have any songs by the Brothers Grimm? I think they released 2 45's in 65 or 66.

Cheers!

Tom

Email  
Re: BAD

Hi Dave

Thanks for the upload. What a great surprise to hear "What Will You Do" as it's another version of "What Are You Gonna Do For The Rest Of Your Life?" from the Johnny Rocco Band (a personal favourite)

Hi. Is anyone able to help with any of the following later Bobbie Thomas singles?

Let Me Dream (B-side of Heat Wave – Bobbie Thomas and The Whispers)

Walk On (A-side – Bobbie Thomas and The Whispers)
Everbody (B-side – Bobbie Thomas and The Whispers)

Hey Girl (B-side of If You Want To Be Happy – Bobbie Thomas)

You’ve Gotta Stay By Me (A-side – Bobbie Thomas)
Postman (B-side – Bobbie Thomas)

Don’t Forget About Me (A-side – Bobbie Thomas)
Headline News (B-side – Bobbie Thomas)

Thanks.

P.S. Great website micko - lots of memories from my teens in the 60s.

Hi,

Does anyone have any of the harder to find sunsets/four strangers tracks? Love this band, but can't find some of their tracks:

Sunsets
Bye bye, goodby'e / 'It’s the end' Leedon LK-1128
Don’t get around much anymore' Leedon LK-1325, FX-11261
Love’s face' Festival FK-1797
This is what it’s all about' Festival FK-1818

Four Strangers
You'll Be Mine (Bjerre) (Festeval) FK-1022
The Rip/Pearl Diver

Strangers
Side one: Sunset (Bjerre - Zytnik)
Side two, Surf Panic (Zytnik - Bjerre)

It's a big ask, but would appreciate any of these tracks!

Cheers,

Tom

Email  
Looking for Ayers Rock's last single "Lies"

Hi all

Anyone got Ayers Rock last single "Lies"/"Feel The Heat" on Red Rock/Polydor #2079162? Released in July 1981. Thanks.

Re: Looking for Ayers Rock's last single "Lies"

Here ya go RobyB

Ayers Rock
Lies (A.Cowan)
Feel The Heat ( A.Cowan)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EJXT9EV0

Cheers
Rob

Thanks ecrob, you're a dead-set champion.

And a big thank you from me too, ecrob.

Have the single, but never enough time to rip the **** things - so cheers mate.

Looking for Joe Camilleri Single "Angel Dove"

I recently read of two singles that Joe Camilleri released under his own name in the early 80s. One was "Angel Dove" written and produced by Joe Dolce and the other was a cover of the Kool &the Gang sonf "Celebration". If anyone could assist with these it would be appreciated.

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - The Spinning Wheels - Singles

Davdar requested The Spinning Wheels "Got My Mojo Working" so I went one better.

Here are 2 of their 4 singles from 1965. Only wish I had the others

HMV EA-4676 "Got My Mojo Working" / "Follow Me Down"

HMV EA-4682 "Bo Diddley" / "Creepy John"

A couple of fine, garagey versions of these blues classics. The link is at

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2SLNSQ52

So as always. Enjoy

Micko

Email  

Thanks micko - downloading now

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - Johnny Noble

While the following Johnny Noble tracks

Ruby Baby - Johnny Noble
That’ll Be All Right - Johnny Noble & The Mods
This Little Girl - Johnny Noble & The Mods
Mean Women Blues - Johnny Noble & The Mods
Be Bop A Lula - Johnny Noble
It’s All In The Game - Johnny Noble

appear on the Linda Lee LP BILLY THORPE and the AZTECS “Poison Ivy” introducing JOHNNY NOBLE, which is available as a download on this site, I am after the following singles to complete his recordings:

Lonely City / Tough Enough – Johnny Noble
Young And Beautiful / Queen Of The Hop – Johnny Noble
Like I’ve Never Been Gone / My Prayer – Johnny Noble & The Incas
and
Betty Lou’s Got A New Pair Of Shoes – Johnny Noble (although I’m not sure if this was actually released).

Can anyone help?

My thanks too Micko for these tracks
Cheers
Rob

Re: The Spinning Wheels - Singles

Hi Micko & Ecrob

I know you will appreciate the other two HMV singles:
1965 The Spinning Wheels - Shame, Shame, Shame (Jimmy Reed) HMV EA-4708
1965 The Spinning Wheels - Can’t Catch Me (Chuck Berry) HMV EA-4708

1965 The Spinning Wheels - One Kind Favour (Blind Lemon Jefferson) HMV EA-4727
1965 The Spinning Wheels - Saved (Jerry Leiber-Mike Stoller) HMV EA-4727
The Spinning Wheels were way ahead of their time bringing out covers of the US rhythm & blues musicians. Apparently they used to go to Trevor Lucas's house to listen for he had a big collection of the old blues artists like Big Bill Broonzy and Muddy Waters.
One Kind Favour has Don Hirst on lead vocal and the other three feature Rod Turnbull.
The Chuck Berry song Can’t Catch Me is famous for it caught John Lennon in a law suit for copying the words "flat-top"

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HSZ58JSH
Enjoy

Dave

-Thanks Mr Dave for a delicious feed of RnB - burp:)
Rob

Fantastic Dave. I didn't know you had these

I think I'll now recompile these into one set and make them a separate post now & dlete these separate ones, thanks to you.

Much appreciated my friend

Micko

Email  

Is "You're A Lady Now" by the Angels available anywhere? I think it was on their first album in 1977.
Thankyou

Hagar

Hi Hagar, "You're A Lady Now" Is on the first 1977 album. It should be still available, as a re-mastered version came out last year.

http://www.theangels.com.au/angels

Many thanks Micko & Dave for these. Living north of the Murray River in the 60's I had never heard The Spinning Wheels before. Listening to them is like taking a ride in the Tardis to when I was but a lad.

Cheers,
RAM

Thanks Brett - I will chase it down

Hagar

Thanks for the Ayers Rock, ecrob.

An unexpected pleasure!!

Graham

Email  
Re: NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - JIGSAW

Hi,

Anyone able to help with these Jigsaw songs?

Marilyn Jones
You
A Rose Has To Die
Teach Me How To Rock N Roll
Take Me Daddy

Thanks, RUSTY

I'm hopeful that someone may have a copy of,or access to an mp3 of Tully - Krishna Came/ Lord Baba (Harvest 9407) - (1971).This is the one Tully item that has evaded me since it's release as I tried to buy it in Adelaide within weeks of it's initial release and couldn't get it then and I'm still waiting.thanks

NEW SINGLES / SONGS REQUESTS - DAVE MILLER SET

Can anyone help me with the B side of The Dave Miller Set's first single "Hard, Hard Year" and both sides of their last single "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" / "No Need To Cry"?

Cheers,
RAM

Peter McKenna - Collingwood full forward

I have just found out that this ex-Magpie released at least four songs, at least one of which was written by Johnny Young. Now I have also heard that they were awful, but my curiosity exceeds my good sense.

Would anyone have any information on these songs, especially Smile?

Email  
Re: Peter McKenna - Collingwood full forward

Ratso

Peter McKenna's "Smile' actually charted quite well in Melbourne, as you might expect from someone who played for Collingwood. I'm sure all non-Magpies fans had the sense not to buy it though as it was quite cringe inducing

I know I have the A side, will search out the flip also

Get back to ya mate

Micko

Email  
Thomas & Bailey - Missing Persons

HI All,

Just wondering if anyone has this song from the 70's. Don't know much about this Aussie duo of the 70's but I do recall the album cover of a sand dune?

thanks

Josh

Re: Thomas & Bailey - Missing Persons

Already posted by Ozzie and can be downloaded here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5U0I4KMZ

Dave

Hi Guys and Ladies I am looking for a single from the 60s by a band from Shepparton Vic. Unfortunatly I don't have a lot of details about it except that the brothers Suratman, Trent and I think his brothers name is Troy played guitar. I know, not much to go on sorry, There is a reference to it in the early version of Whos Who ( unfortunately I;ve Lost my copy ) but no refference in later editions. I'm sure someone out there knows something....please

an anyone help me with a copy of
Renee Geyer's - Say I Love You 12 Inch? Such a great song.

Machinations - Pressure Sway 12 Inch including the Instrumental B Side?

Thanks in advance.

Email  

Any help, please:

Dennis Williams and the Delawares - Bad Girl/They Say

Patsy Ann Noble -
When You Find True Love/I'll Be Thinking of You
Once in a Lifetime/Don't Love and Run
Oh My Little Baby Darling/I'm Not Supposed to Know
Busy Lips/It's Always the Way
Good Looking Boy/A Guy Who Can Mend a Broken Heart
He Who Rides a Tiger/City of Night