Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Thread Sticky Sticky Thread     Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
You a NEWBIE and don't know how to post on Midoztouch Step by Step Here

1. Make sure that the songs are all 320kbps
2. Place all the songs in a folder
3. Name the folder in this case say Buddy England Singles
4. Then Right click on the folder
5. In the list that comes up choose add to "Buddy England Singles.rar"
6. Click on it and it will automatically archive into a rar file
7. Once you have your rar file of we go to Megaupload
8. Now that you are at Megaupload click on the browse button and find your rar file
9. Once you have found your file highlight it and then hit open
10.Now in the send slot you must name the file I would just put BE Singles
11.Now that you have done that press send
12.A new window will open with a progress bar once it reaches 100% it will supply you with a link to the file this is what you post on the Modoztouch site.
13.Right click on the link, then click on copy link location and then paste at Midoztouch

Re: You a NEWBIE and don't know how to post on Midoztouch Step by Step Here

Thanks for going to the trouble of puttng this excellent step by step guide for our new Midoz family members Deutros

A great idea & I'll make it a sticky thread at the top so that newbies will have instant access without having to ask

VERY much apprciated mate

Micko

Email  

I was going to ask you if you thought it was a good idea to sticky it apparently you did.

Great instructions Deutros !

Couple of assumptions however that the 'newbie' should be aware of:

1. Need to have the compression software WINRAR installed on your computer before you can create the archive RAR file. Trial versions of WINRAR can be easily found on the web (just Google WINRAR)

2. You will need to create a personal account with Megaupload before you start to upload your RAR file. You can subscribe at a cost, but the free BASIC account will certainly do the trick

There are many other websites that can host your 'Music' RAR files but Megaupload has the reputation of rarely deleting any files due to inactivity.

Happy uploading

Thanks for adding these 2 steps guy and I had given it some thought but assumed if they were D/L music from midoztouch then they would be unpacking the music and would have some kind of rar programme.

The second part about opening an acccount this sometimes puts people of even if it's free I've never had an account with anyone free or otherwise but you are asolutely correct about megaupload and it seems to have gotten better since they removed code verification.

Thanks from me too Guy. However like Deutros, I too have never had an account with Megaupload. And if you include your email address after clicking on the 'advanced' option, the server will send you a link anyway which can easily be kept together in a file

But let's not complicate this unnecessarily

Cheers guys

Micko

Email  

and for those of you using Mac computers, MacPar can be substituted for WinRar

Scott

Email  

If The Vampire Diaries DVD you've never watched this show I only have one forewarning for you: please reserve your judgement until you've seen at least the third and fourth episodes! Many people have said that the pilot and even the second episode reminded them way too much of the proverbial Twilight series. Family Guy DVD At any rate, I strongly recommend this series to anyone looking for excellent drama, romance, action and even a little humor! I love how each episode ends in a cliffhanger, which keeps you waiting for the next episode. I also like the fact even though this show is in its third season it still has a great story line. The Mentalist DVD The show always keeps me guessing with all its twists and turns. The Vampire Diaries is most definitely is lower level of True Blood. Has baseing around Vampires, Witches, Werewolves and Ghosts. It is Supernatural Diaries on Halloween Package kind of program, just like True Blood is. Criminal Minds DVD Well, i like this The Vampire Diaries alot. It has alot of great entertainment of supernatural and stuff. The show is great and the love triangle is much better than twilight! love the damon and elena scenes! I just thouht the originals and klaus character were introduced too soon because it's a great show and it's only season 2! who comes next to be the villain? Brothers and Sisters DVD for example in Smallville they brought Zod back multiple times and hopefully it won't be the same story. VD keeps you glued every week because every episode has a mini cliffhanger or introduction to the next episode in the final minutes or even seconds. They shouldn't kill of too many main characters at the end of season 2 though!

Email  

Hi Deutros

I am trying to upload via megaupload but cannot get to the browse button, am I approaching this the wrong way. I get a dialogue box that asks if I want to download an adobe file.

regards

Rhod

Hi Rhod it's sounds like you are Megaupload seems to be more user frindly than when I first wrote the how to.

Follow this link and see how you go.

http://www.megaupload.com/

Megaupload has been dead since earlier this year. Is there an accptable alternative that is reasonably reliable and does not cost?

Email  

Mediafire is my preferred host at the moment
(The only limit is a 200Mb File size)
It is fast, reliable, has no waiting times and doesn't delete your files like other hosts like Rapidshare, Depositfiles etc

Probably be a good idea to remove the reference to Megaupload....find somewhere new like....

Other than that though a good guide for newbies...

Cheers Who...

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains