Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EP LIST

Gees Deutros..you've barely made a dent in this amazing list Pick your game up will ya

Seriously though, you're doing an outstanding job with the new site covering an area not usually catered for by many blogs or sites like ours, no matter what country. And seing a list like this, just from one label, makes one realize the huge task ahead of you In fact I noticed several Festival label EP's not included here already ie Ronnie Burns releases, Normie's, Purple Hearts & Noeleen Batley's Xmas EP, all of which are on ya blog

And that doesn't include the EP Discography's of other majors like EMI, RCA, CBS, Phonogram/Polygram & to a lesser extent Warner Music. Add the larger independents like Fable, Bootleg, Image etc & really it's a daunting task, especially when virtually none of them charted & discographies including these 4 track releases are either incomplete or just plain scarce

Anyway, onward & upward my friend, I've grabbed every one I didn't have, which is 90% of what you've posted so far so thanks again for all those. BTW Did u get my note re the Buffalo EP??

Cheers Deutros

Micko

Helo Woody just noticed you have "ID - Big Time Operator" and 'Purple Hearts - The Sound of The Purple Hearts' in your list you wouldn't have covers and labels for these would you missed them the first time as you had them as cdr.

Cheers.

The Axiom Hits - Cover & Label Scans
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34ZS87FY

Are you interested in
Paul Kelly & The Dots first indie EP
The Sports - Fair Game indie EP
The Sports (UK Stiff Label EP - LAST 5)

I presume you already have the Daddy Cool DCEP fold out cover on Sparmac.

Sunshine
The Axiom Hits - Cover & Label Scans
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34ZS87FY

Are you interested in
Paul Kelly & The Dots first indie EP
The Sports - Fair Game indie EP
The Sports (UK Stiff Label EP - LAST 5)

I presume you already have the Daddy Cool DCEP fold out cover on Sparmac.

Thanks for the Axiom Sunshine yes it would be great if you could post Paul Kelly & The Dots first indie EP and The Sports (UK Stiff Label EP - LAST 5) I have the other one so those 2 would be wonderful.

Thanks Stampy have grabbed the EP's.

Deutros
Helo Woody just noticed you have "ID - Big Time Operator" and 'Purple Hearts - The Sound of The Purple Hearts' in your list you wouldn't have covers and labels for these would you missed them the first time as you had them as cdr.

Cheers.

Deutros

this is the best i can do at the moment, The Shed is down at the moment so raided my archive DVD's.

Big Time Operator

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DOGW7CDH

The Sound of the Purple Hearts

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OBB3RK9S

can i take this post to thank you for the Ep's that you are sourcing, i have downloaded a couple already and will in turn find there way into my collection.

thanks very much

cheers

woodynet

Many thanks Woody it looks like you have the same set of scans for the Purple Hearts as I do LOL nice to see the ID ones though, you wouldn't have the labels for either of these anywhere would you.

Cheers Mate.

deutros

i have better scans for the Purple Hearts in the Shed and maybe ???? label scans, but until i'm up and running again i am not sure. should be up in a couple of weeks ( hopefully ) been down for 3 weeks already :-)

cheers

woodynet

Hey guys,just me again. I'm just wondering if (IF ONLY...) because it is not in it's complete form on the Raven Compilation is able to be posted,Thanks Again...Shane

Just posted Red Onion Jazz Band (Featuring Gerry Humphrys and Kim Lynch later to feature in the Loved Ones) and She's So Fine by the Easybeats on

http://littleaussiealbums.blogspot.com/

and if anyone else has anything of the list would appreciate a link after a flurry at the beginning we seem to have stalled.

duetros

cant find an email address for you anywhere so the forum will have to do, i have some label scans for your blog Little Aussie albums, Moonshine String and jug band ep

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TSHJG7YT

cheers

woodynet

Yes Mick I've fixed the Buffalo link strange that the megaupload one failed it's usually the last one standing and thanks for the scans Woody.

Just posted Hush - Get Hushed on the EP blog.

Hi Deutros

i have attached a link to The Groove - Soothe Me. The front and back cover also the record scans.let me know if need the music.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e7uh1kz4f9b704t

Regards

Rhod

Thank you very much Rhod a good one for the blog and have the music thanks for asking. Been quite a while since anyone has responded thanks for taking the time.