Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Silver Studs - Happy days

Silver Studs are a band I know very little about.

Formed 1975, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Members Gino Latorre, Keith Reed, Lance Reynolds
Also Known As The Studs

If anyone would like to share some more information on this band please feel free.

All tracks are ripped at 320 kbps MP3, and include cover scans.

Track listing-

Side 1:
Happy days
Dance With a Dolly (With a Hole in Her Stocking)
The Kangaroo
I Only Have Eyes For You
Lean baby
Abba Dabba Honeymoon

Side 2:
Way back in the Fifties (Medley)
(Bop Rock) Turn back the Clock
Rockin' Robin, Shake rattle and Roll, Little darlin', When, Cry, Personality, Splish Splash, Way Back in the Fifites

Link-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fwticolkf65008z/Silver_Studs_-_Happy_days.rar

Email  
Re: Silver Studs - Happy days

Many thanks for posting this. I had the cassette tape of this when I was in my early teens and wore the tape out.

Some info on the Silver Studs/The Studs (not exactly sure where I got this from)

Lance Reynolds formed Australian Rock'n ' Roll revival act Silver Studs in Brisbane during 1975. The trio's act included singing, dancing and comedy. They signed to the Philips label and issued the single My Teenage Dream.

In February 1976 they supported UK visitors The Hollies on their national tour. A month later, Keith Reed left to be replaced, initially by Vivien Grayson and then Paul Stevens.

Silver Studs scored their biggest hit single with a rendition of Happy Days, the theme song to the US TV comedy of the same name. The single reached number four in June 1976 and was followed by their second hit, Dance With A Dolly, which made number 11 in September.

The trio's debut album (also called Happy Days) sold 50,000 copies. At the start of 1977, Stevens left to replace Frankie J Holden in Ol'55, where he performed under the pseudonym Mike Raffone.

Reynolds and Latorre continued as a duo, renaming themselves simply The Studs (and recruiting a new backing band). The debut single from The Studs was Funky Feet which reached Number 13 in October 1977. The duo completed an album which did not see the light of day until November 1978 and followed two more singles, Today I Met The Girl I'm Gonna Marry and Dr Bop.

Lance Reynolds Vocals; Gino Latorre Vocals; Keith Reed Vocals; Vivien Grayson Vocals; Paul Stevens Vocals; Mark Dozzi Guitar; Casey Steen Guitar; Chris Wilson Keyboards; Robin Glover Bass; Philip Smith Drums; Peter Plavsic Bass; Alex Plavsic Drums; Graham Wardrop Guitar; John Bushell Guitar; Rick Mellick Keyboards

Email  

Many thanks for this Cliff. Been looking for some of this material for a while.

Hi cliff, just read your message's Gino was my uncle, I love to read beautiful words about my uncle, and would love a c'd if u know how to get one of those for my mum,Gentile, Aunty Libby, uncle Dom,and uncle Mario, and hi may name is Lorraine oxox 0430668779

Kerry, a drummer, my husband was in a band with both Gino and Mario in Brisbane - Super studs. I have a photo I can email you. Jennifer

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Email Forms