Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
La De Das - Anthology: Rock 'n' Roll Decade (1964-1974) FLACs

This 1981 compilation has been previously posted on this Forum by Grado and Deutros, but the links are long gone, and I've decided to bring it back to life with my own rip - taken from my double cassette tape set (ex. condition) in both MP3 and FLAC format.

As usual, you will find the MP3 (320kps) version on my blog but for Midozers only, you will find the FLACs below.

This complilation covers the full span of the La De Das's career commencing in Auckland in 1964 and finishing in Sydney as a trio in 1974. Featuring the complete "Happy Prince" recordings plus 3 previously unreleased live tracks, this is one of the best Anthology releases for any band that I've come across. Thanks must also go to Grado for the LP artwork which I've also included, along with my own cassette tape covers.

Due to the size of the files, I've broken the downloads into 3 parts (with Artwork kept separate for those who already have the music)

One interesting piece of trivia that I came across while researching the band, was how they got their name.
'When Trevor Wilson's mum heard that they were about to change their name from the Mergers to The Criminals, she quickly responded, "You might as well call yourselves the La De Das". Well, with mums knowing best and all that, they took on her suggestion!'

Track Listing:
01 Little Girl
02 How Is The Air Up There
03 Don't You Stand In My Way
04 I Take What I Want
05 On Top Of The World
06 Jump Back
07 Hey Baby
08 Find Us The Way
09 All Purpose Low

"The Happy Prince"
10 Intro/ Covered In Gold
11 Ruby For The Lady
12 Swallow, Little Swallow
13 You Can't Take It With You
14 Life Is Leaving (Instrumental)
15 Tales Of The Nile
16 Winter Song
17 Lullabye
18 Civic Pride
19 Chant

20 Come Together
21 Sweet Girl
22 Morning Good Morning
23 Gonna See My Baby Tonight
24 New World Motors (jingle) *
25 Rock Me Baby (live)
26 The Place
27 Too Pooped To Pop
28 I'm In Love Again
29 Honky Tonkin'
30 All Along The Watchtower
31 Gone Dead Train (live)
32 I'm Ready (live)
* Hidden Bonus Track

Tape 1 (music only): Anthology1

Tape 2 (music only): Anthology2

Artwork, Label Scans & Photos: Artwork

Enjoy

Guy

Re: La De Das - Anthology: Rock 'n' Roll Decade (1964-1974) FLACs

Hi Guy

Thanks for the share. Not sure if Mega is playing up, but the link for Tape 1 comes up with a message "Enter Decryption Key".

The link for Tape 2 (and the artwork link) both work fine.

Thanks again
Peter

Hi Peter

Not sure how < br/ > got added to the end of the URL link above, but if you remove it, and refresh, it works.

Anyhow, the following is the correct link for the first Archive:

Tape 1: Fixed Link

cheers Guy

Cheers Guy, much appreciated.

Peter

Thanks!

Just noticed it's missing "Come Fly With Me"?

Sorry - can't believe I dropped a track

I did a track count at the end (as I always do to check my handy work) and 32 was correct going by the cover listing, but I forgot about the hidden track (which actually makes it 33)

I must have forgotten to save the track while ripping from cassette. Ironically, "Come Fly With Me" is probably the best track from the Happy Prince suite.

I've ripped the track again, and am providing it below for download.
Appologise for making this post messy.

Missing Track on CD1:12 - Come Fly With Me

Thanks! Yes, it is one of the best on the album.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Tools