Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Paul O'Gorman - Poet & Painter (1978) FLACs

Just posted another rarity on my blog in MP3 format, Paul O'Gorman's one and only album "Poet & Painter', released on the Infinity label in 1978.

Paul was the son of respected Melbourne radio veteran Kevin O'Gorman (from 3KZ). If you are a big fan of Doug Ashdown, Peter Allen or G.Wayne Thomas, then you are really going to enjoy this album

For your best enjoyment, I am providing the album (vinyl rip) in FLAC format. Full album artwork and label scans are included.

Track Listing
01 - You're More To Me
02 - Love Again
03 - Poet And The Painter
04 - Lisa
05 - Are You Travellin' With Me
06 - Having Love Behind
07 - (You And Me And) Love In The Morning
08 - Doesn't It Show
09 - Ramblin Old House
10 - Ride, Ride America
11 - May It All End With You

Artists:
Vocals - Paul O'Gorman
Acoustic Guitar - Paul O'Gorman, Jonathan Coben
Electric Guitar - Jonathan Coben, Mario Millo
Bass - Chris Stafford, Roger Corbett
Drums & Percussion - Dave Hicks
Keyboards - Raddy Ferreira, Ian Hunt
Trumpet/Flugel Horns - Boof Thomsen, Ray Bensted
Trombones - Bob McIvor, Derek Long, Ron Spillett, Peter Haslam
Cellos - Hans Gyors, Donna Noble
Mandolin - Mario Millo
Flute - Errol Buddle
Harmonica - Greg Foster
String Leader - John Lyle
Backing Vocals - Alison MacCallum, Janice Slater, Sally Rogan, Peter Brandon, Mick Leyton, Joe Andre

Music & Artwork (272Mb): Download

Let me know what you think

Re: Paul O'Gorman - Poet & Painter (1978) FLACs

Thanks Guy one I don't have

Sorry, but my track record is pretty poor at the moment. Ahhh!

It looks like I've dropped another track on an album - Jacqueline (Side B)

I'll fix the main post and also make the missing track available for download as a separate link for you Ozzie, to fill the gap.

Stay tuned

Quote: Guy
Sorry, but my track record is pretty poor at the moment. Ahhh!

It looks like I've dropped another track on an album - Jacqueline (Side B)

I'll fix the main post and also make the missing track available for download as a separate link for you Ozzie, to fill the gap.

Stay tuned

Thanks for the download Guy an improvement on my 192kbps also a vast improvement on the artwork I have and I'm down the missing track as well.

OK lads, looks like I stuffed up big time. I got no excuses - the whole thing went pair shape from Track 7 onwards. Dropped a track somehow and incorrectly named remaining tracks. It couldn't get much worse

To fix this, you need to delete tracks 7-11 from what you have downloaded already, and replace them with the following tracks

Substitute Tracks (7-12): http://depositfiles.com/files/uc41bp49v

For those of you who are downloading this for the first time, here is the new link and the correct track listing. Sorry again about the stuff up.

Track Listing
01 - You're More To Me
02 - Love Again
03 - Poet And The Painter
04 - Lisa
05 - Are You Travellin' With Me
06 - Leaving Love Behind
07 - (You And Me And) Love In The Morning
08 - Doesn't It Show
09 - Ramblin Old House
10 - Jacqueline
11 - Ride, Ride America
12 - May It All End With You

New Link (291Mb): https://www.mediafire.com/?4ty11k1c3fv1ote

Now I'm just gonna slip back into the corner and give myself a good dressing down

Guy

Thanks for sharing this one, have been looking for this for quite some time.

Much appreciated.

Woodynet

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting