Midoztouch Discussion Forum

SUGGESTIONS & GUIDELINES FOR USE IN DISCUSSION FORUM

If you want to upload an album or songs to this section of the site, please ensure that it's not already on a physically available CD or one that's slated for future release on CD. By that we mean the actual Disc with artwork and packaging which you can physically hold in your hands.

To check on that availability, most often but not always on independent labels, the best sources  are reputable music traders like JB Hi Fi, Sydney's Red Eye Records & Timewarp's mail order division and for major label releases only, Sanity. Also check an artist's or a record label's online website ie Aztec Music, Raven or Canetoad Records. If you're still unsure then please ASK as someone is sure to know.

The minimum bitrate to upload at is 256kbps but must be 320 if ripping the music yourself.  Lower bit rates may only be accepted if there truly is no other option ie you are a 2nd or 3rd party . Many would disagree, but it's sometimes better to have something of extreme rarity in poor quality than not at all. But again ask if someone has a better rip before uploading your inferior one.

Artwork is highly desired but not a pre-requisite when uploading as someone in the group may be able to provide it later if you can't e.g. you have no scanner. However in all cases when posting an album in the discussion forum, please let us know if the CD art is included or not. If it is then is it

(a) the full artwork CD ready ie front & back cover scans, any gatefold inserts and tray insert. For best results we recommend scanning all 4 corners of L.P. covers before stitching so all information on the cover is available.
(b) just front & back only with no tray insert
(c) or just front cover scan only. The latter is to be discouraged completely unless you intend providing the back scan later. In which case wait till then & upload both.

ALWAYS: If providing art, please also list it as A SEPARATE LINK even if it is included with the main music file. This is so that others who only need the art don't have to download 80-100 mg of music they already own to get it.

Lastly, we appreciate that some here do have difficulty in stitching the scans together, so it is initially acceptable to upload unstitched scans. Someone may help & do the job for you, uploading these at a later stage. However it is strongly suggested that you keep practicing your own skills .

Forum: Midoztouch Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Laurel Lee

Laurel Lee, anyone? Did she ever record anything? Or was she strictly Bandstand?

Email  
Re: Laurel Lee

Hi Ted
I think Laurel only ever released a couple of singles, more's the pity.
However here is Bandstand performance of her doing Linda Scott's version of The Bell Sisters 1952 hit "Bermuda". Recorded c. 1962

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZQPV2HK9

Hope that helps a wee bit but if anyone has those singles.....?????

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Thanks Micko, I had a huge crush on her back then! Remember the boyfriend, Kevin Todd (i think),he had an okay voice too.

Email  

Here are a few Laurel Lea (not Lee) singles for you,
plus a Kevin Todd single and a Picture of Laurel.

Laurel Lea - I Shall Take My leave.
Kevin Todd - Never More.
both unspectacular and both from 1969.
Both my vinyl rips.
also
Laurel Lea - Treasure of Your Love (1964)
Laurel Lea - I'm the Girl From Wolverton Mountain.(196? sounds like from TV)
Both are NMR.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37518933/Laurel_Lea.rar

Thanks vombatusboy, though I remember Laurel as a regular on Bandstand I was very young at the time & can't really recall what she sounded like other than the song I uploaded.
What a tragedy she dies so young a few years back

Cheers

Micko

Email  

Thanks for Laurel (and the smarmy Kevin).She died!!

Email  

Yes Ted, sadly Laurel died from leukemia on January 31, 1992.
There's a bit about her here where the Bermuda track came from:

http://www.bellsisters.com/more-about-odds-and-ends.html

Cheers

Mick

Email  

Quote: Vombatusboy
Here are a few Laurel Lea (not Lee) singles for you,
plus a Kevin Todd single and a Picture of Laurel.

Laurel Lea - I Shall Take My leave.
Kevin Todd - Never More.
both unspectacular and both from 1969.
Both my vinyl rips.
also
Laurel Lea - Treasure of Your Love (1964)
Laurel Lea - I'm the Girl From Wolverton Mountain.(196? sounds like from TV)
Both are NMR.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37518933/Laurel_Lea.rar

I've only found the fabulous Midoztouch fairly recently and it seems that I've missed the boat for Laurel. The link is dead....is there any chance of getting it set up again please?

Cheers

Email  
Re: Laurel Lea

More info for those interested.
Laurel Lea, born Lorraine Lianos, was a regular Australia TV singer on Brian Henderson's "Bandstand" and Johnny O'Keefe's "Six O'clock Rock" in the late 50's and early 60's
Laurel Lea made several records, but had no chart success.
In the 1960's, she travelled around Australia with her parents Rock'n Roll Show and in the mid-70s, she joined Johnny O'Keefe, Johnny Devlin, Lonnie Lee, Barry Stanton, Jade Hurley and Tony Brady in the "Good Old Days of Rock 'n' Roll" show. It premiered at St George’s Leagues Club in August 1974 and played to packed houses all over Australia.
She also had a band in the 80s called "Chockarock," which toured the circuit and played old time rock and roll.
She married fellow "Bandstand" singer Kevin Todd, and had a son Mark.
Laurel Lea died on January 31, 1992 of Leukaemia.

There are a number of her Bandstand clips on Youtube.
Any memories of Laurel out there?

There are a couple of Laurel Lea tracks on two separate "Roland Storm and Friends" CDs - I'm Counting On You and Tan Shoes & Pink Shoelaces - no doubt teletracks from the past -=- Google Roland Storm to get his website

What is the password to unlock the files on the download?

Email