Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TGIF for Carjackers

Had my children locked inside the house all day Friday after receiving a message from Mayor Rob that two men, apparently armed and dangerous, were roaming the city. Suddenly at 5pm I receive another message that Police have done a thorough search of the city and have determined it is suddenly safe to leave your home. Really? So where is happy hour in the city tonight?

Re: TGIF for Carjackers

What is the point of your post? Would you have preferred not to know there was an ongoing situation?

@TGIF Ya, I'm also confused, what is your point? I also received the same message you did, and I don't recall anything about "armed and dangerous." So please stop over reacting. You are a free citizen able to go about your business as you feel, but the city has an obligation to keep you in the loop. What you do with that information is on you.

Interesting you don't care about the careless over reaction; 100 plus policeman with heavy duty combat weaponry, helicopters overhead. Meanwhile if they had just sent a couple of plain cloths officers in unmarked cars to stake out the area for several hours, I'm sure they would have reappeared. Turns out one was likely hiding right under their noses as he lived about a hundred yards from where they left the stolen vehicle. The message sent by all the high powered weaponry was pretty clear...armed and dangerous. As it was, dozens of officers got to catch up with their old buddies over at the High School parking lot, drinking coffee while earning overtime paid by the hapless taxpayers.

free ride
Interesting you don't care about the careless over reaction; 100 plus policeman with heavy duty combat weaponry, helicopters overhead. Meanwhile if they had just sent a couple of plain cloths officers in unmarked cars to stake out the area for several hours, I'm sure they would have reappeared. Turns out one was likely hiding right under their noses as he lived about a hundred yards from where they left the stolen vehicle. The message sent by all the high powered weaponry was pretty clear...armed and dangerous. As it was, dozens of officers got to catch up with their old buddies over at the High School parking lot, drinking coffee while earning overtime paid by the hapless taxpayers.

I agree, that was an epic over reaction. Shame on Chief Lyle for making semi serious incident into a world ending catastrophe. Swat teams everything, helicopters swooping in, way over the top.

you just dont get it. they had the man power for good reason.what happens if they were inside a house and waiting for someone to come home maybe your wife and daughter and they hurt them or raped them then what lyle didnt do enough you people are morons !!!!!

Dave T? What are you talking about? Was Lyle going to place and armed officer in every house in the northern part of the city?