Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breaking News

Governor Protects his Staff

"As he prepares to leave office, Governor Deval Patrick is quietly transferring 500 of his managers into the state public employee union, a move that will qualify them for a series of 3 percent raises and insulate them from firing when the next governor takes over."

Hmmm. I wonder if other leaders can learn from this.

Re: Breaking News

Vote The Bums Out!
No wonder people are cynical about politics, don't pay much attention or don't bother to vote ( even if they know what is going on). Local, state, national and international politics are in serious trouble. The POLS "take care of their own". Time for taxpayers to take care of themselves because as this example shows once again you cannot trust a politician!

I don't know which is worse, this, or Presidential Pardons. Now that's something to think about. Obama could potentially free Whitey.

By the way, can State Governors pardon criminals in state jails?

Nobody cares about any of this because the idiots of this state will still vote for Brodeur, Lewis and Coakley and think that their vote will change things! Can you believe the fools in this state?

TERM LIMITS
Vote The Bums Out!
No wonder people are cynical about politics, don't pay much attention or don't bother to vote ( even if they know what is going on). Local, state, national and international politics are in serious trouble. The POLS "take care of their own". Time for taxpayers to take care of themselves because as this example shows once again you cannot trust a politician!

I will take care of myself and VOTE NO on the OVERRIDE !

when is the vote for the override? and where can I see the exact language of the override. tia

???
when is the vote for the override? and where can I see the exact language of the override. tia

There isn't one.

That's what I thought. So far it's just 'talk' and conjecture, right?

Rezeeg
That's what I thought. So far it's just 'talk' and conjecture, right?

I guess I should come clean- I know there is no override on the November ballot, but judging from the posts on these message boards, you would think the vote was being held tomorrow!! I guess the sarcasm did not come through!!!

In order to understand the concept of Sarcasm, one first must have a sense of hummer.

Many of the folks on the board don't.

I haven't had a sense of hummer, or any other kind of hummer, for years.

was going to comment, but it's the family hour!

D_amn spell check. It should be able to check what I meant to say.

What? You feed us a perfect straight man line, and then tell us it was an accident? Uh-uh. No way.

Sorry, but like that famous president Thomas Jefferson once said, "I can not tell a lie".