Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: WLocal/JSacco: Alderman Peter Mortimer: Serving Out of Dedication for Melrose

Bull Pucky
I've never even met Peter, Myron....

I have. I've known him for years, and don't know what astonishes me more....that he's an attorney, or that he's an alderman.

Re: WLocal/JSacco: Alderman Peter Mortimer: Serving Out of Dedication for Melrose

I Know Him
Bull Pucky

I have. I've known him for years, and don't know what astonishes me more....that he's an attorney, or that he's an alderman.

O.k. big mouth....see if you are smart enough or competent enough to be both! Doubt that you have the smarts!

MFD
I Know Him
Bull Pucky

O.k. big mouth....see if you are smart enough or competent enough to be both! Doubt that you have the smarts!

Of course you do. You're wrong.

Every time I don't vote for these kind of Pols,I know I'm being a good parent and spouse!!!

Where's Morty
Morty is like Waldo, showing up in every picture in town. You know if you see a picture of an event in the newspaper the immediate response is "Where's Morty?"

http://www.massschoolbuildings.org/sites/default/files/images/Melrose_SLI_RC_8.22.13_Group.jpg

Can we please not forget this gem.

Never Forget
Where's Morty
Morty is like Waldo, showing up in every picture in town. You know if you see a picture of an event in the newspaper the immediate response is "Where's Morty?"

http://www.massschoolbuildings.org/sites/default/files/images/Melrose_SLI_RC_8.22.13_Group.jpg

Can we please not forget this gem.

Such pettiness shows just how asinine you guys are since you cannot justify your dislike of him based on the numerous good things he has done for our ward and city. When people hate others for the sake of hatred - then you have very sick people indeed!

Nobody rags on him because they hate him, Myron. Stow that hate stuff. Makes you sound like the Mayor. People rag on him because he's a nitwit.

Disagree
Nobody rags on him because they hate him, Myron. Stow that hate stuff. Makes you sound like the Mayor. People rag on him because he's a nitwit.

Again, vendictive comments with no substantiated facts. You say that he is a nitwit yet I have found him to be both an intelligent person and one who has a great deal of common sense! Again, all you are demonstrating to all of us is....you just don't like him...because he took the GIC benefit that the Mayor offered him. As if that is the sum total of which a person should be judged! What a sanctimonious attitude.

Myron, why are the opinions you have listed considered "fact" but Disagree’s are considered to be “vindictive comments”?

Melrose Aldermen who take GIC Health Insurance have NO CREDIBILITY on any financial decision or monetary policy facing the city. Every/all candidates (incumbants or challengers) who run in 2015 should PLEDGE not to steal Melrose tax dollars for their personal and family healthcare. It isn't right, ethical or moral. The Mayor and BOA members who authorized the "legal loophole" which allows this under state law should find the gumption to protect Melrose interests (not their phony friends) and reverse this decision. Hopefully, we will get many new candidates running for office and the incumbants who rob tax dollars needed for other essential services will lose their positions. Throw the bums out!

No Credibility
Melrose Aldermen who take GIC Health Insurance have NO CREDIBILITY on any financial decision or monetary policy facing the city. Every/all candidates (incumbants or challengers) who run in 2015 should PLEDGE not to steal Melrose tax dollars for their personal and family healthcare. It isn't right, ethical or moral. The Mayor and BOA members who authorized the "legal loophole" which allows this under state law should find the gumption to protect Melrose interests (not their phony friends) and reverse this decision. Hopefully, we will get many new candidates running for office and the incumbants who rob tax dollars needed for other essential services will lose their positions. Throw the bums out!

First, the money being contributed to these Aldermen was not stolen or mis-apropriated otherwise there would be lawsuits against them and the Mayor.

Second, a majority of people in this city voted for Peter during previous elections so they must disagree with you concerning his competence and worthy conributions Peter has made to the city. Given Peter's involvement with the BOA, his continued commitment to his constiguents, and his ever presence in the city helping those that need help, we will see what happens in the next election. But if the past is any indication, he will be elected with a great margin of victory.

Look aroud and try to find a city which is better run and which corruption has been non-existent. You only need to go back just before Peter was elected to understand just how bad a shape this city was in - but perhaps your memory is much shorter than mine - deliberately!

MFD
..........a majority of people in this city voted for Peter during previous elections so they must disagree with you concerning his competence and worthy contributions Peter has made to the city.

Myron, you obviously need a civics lesson. The majority of people in this city did NOT vote for Mortimer. He's the Ward 6 Alderman, not at large. Not even the majority of Ward 6 residents voted for him, either. What was the turnout, about 15%? It's more about apathy than it is about anything else.

What?
MFD
..........a majority of people in this city voted for Peter during previous elections so they must disagree with you concerning his competence and worthy contributions Peter has made to the city.

Myron, you obviously need a civics lesson. The majority of people in this city did NOT vote for Mortimer. He's the Ward 6 Alderman, not at large. Not even the majority of Ward 6 residents voted for him, either. What was the turnout, about 15%? It's more about apathy than it is about anything else.

Kinda makes ya wonder if Myron is simply an idiot, or a pathological liar.

O.k - it is correct that Peter ran as Ward 6 Alderman and not for an At-Large position. I thought that the last time he ran, someone ran against him and that Peter won with a wide margin. Also, please don't use the flimsyy excuse that because only 15% of the voting public voted, that it demeans the results. Obviously if people felt that he was doing such a bad job, they would make the effort to vote against him - and of course we know this never happened.

Since many of you posters think that this is such a nothing job, that he is doing such a terrible job, and taking money away from the city budget, why not run against him? Ah,let me answer that one for you - because you all are about "all talk" and "no action"! It takes great effort, passion, and commitment to run for BOA, and you must care enough about fulfilling your duties and responsibilities as an Alderman. Happy New Year!

MFD
Since many of you posters think that this is such a nothing job, that he is doing such a terrible job, and taking money away from the city budget, why not run against him? Ah,let me answer that one for you - because you all are about "all talk" and "no action"! It takes great effort, passion, and commitment to run for BOA, and you must care enough about fulfilling your duties and responsibilities as an Alderman. Happy New Year!

Just to clarify Myron.
Will you be running for BOA.... or Mayor?

Margolis and Tramontozzi are also thiefs not just Mortimer. Maybe there are other BOA members who steal our tax dollars, too . Ron Seaboyer was defeated the last time in part because he ripped off the City by taking GIC and some people voted against him for it. Margolis claimed she was looking into buying health insurance privately during the LWV debate forum. She needs to clarify what she ended up doing. I agree with "No Credibility" requesting that GIC become a public issue in this fall's election. Evey candidate who runs for office in Melrose must pledge not to take GIC. Every candidate should promise to change the city ordinance which allows other Aldermen to take advantage of the rest of us. Most people in this city are struggling to pay their bills including health insurance, water and Real Estate taxes. Why should we pay BOA GIC?

Clarification Needed
Margolis and Tramontozzi are also thiefs not just Mortimer. Maybe there are other BOA members who steal our tax dollars, too . Ron Seaboyer was defeated the last time in part because he ripped off the City by taking GIC and some people voted against him for it. Margolis claimed she was looking into buying health insurance privately during the LWV debate forum. She needs to clarify what she ended up doing. I agree with "No Credibility" requesting that GIC become a public issue in this fall's election. Evey candidate who runs for office in Melrose must pledge not to take GIC. Every candidate should promise to change the city ordinance which allows other Aldermen to take advantage of the rest of us. Most people in this city are struggling to pay their bills including health insurance, water and Real Estate taxes. Why should we pay BOA GIC?

Agree and there needs to be a bunch of new school committee candidates and mayor candidate so that this bunch of bums currently there are swept out. It's hard to believe just how bad it has gotten. Anyone who thinks it's all well run is just delusional or hasn't got a kid in the system or looked at their water bill lately. It's a frickin mess and disgrace. None of those BOA bums are worth a vote except Monica, who takes the time to look at the truth and speak it. The rest are rubber stamping bums, especially the ones taking the GIC (4 of them left).

Tramontozzi, Margolis, Mortimer and ?
Who is the 4th BOA Member taking GIC ?

from Free Press:
"According to the Human Resources Department, five aldermen accept the city/GIC health care option — Bill Forbes, Marybeth McAteer-Margolis, Peter Mortimer, Ron Seaboyer and John Tramontozzi — and six do not — Jackie Lavender Bird, Bob Boisselle, Don Conn, Gail Infurna, Monica Medeiros and Frank Wright."
http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/20130228/News/302289220

1 2