Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LaRock Runs for Alderman at Large!

I’m thrilled to read that J.D. Larock has pulled papers for Alderman at large. Here is a man that will not be bought with quid pro quo’s from Dolan, and hopefully Monica will finally have an ally who will support her agenda for transparency and change. He will not be brow beaten nor will he suffer lightly any attempts to be unceremoniously shut down by Peter Mortimer when orders require vigorous vetting.

I hope Don Conn pulls papers soon. If he does, Marybeth McAteer Margolis (aka GIC taking hack) will be out. Don….please run!

I’m just hoping that the voters in Ward 1 vote for Joseph Musto to get rid of another GIC taking hack Tramontozzi and the voters of Ward 5 vote for Marika McKnight to unseat Gail Infurna. If all goes well there won’t be anyone on the board who are beholding to Dolan for GIC benefits.
[8-)][8-)][8-)]

Re: LaRock Runs for Alderman at Large!

Oops! Sorry! One correction. Peter Mortimer would be the only member of the board collecting GIC health insurance. What's wrong with you folks in Ward 6???? A sloth could run against Mortimer and win faster!

I thought he retired???[:-?]

Maybe a sloth could. But lets be real, you couldn't.

Hey "Maybe".......We should be so lucky to have Patricia on the Board!

Will MBMM's "comeback" to any good point LaRock makes be that he lives in his parents basement and has others writing his motions like she CONSTANTLY does about MM?

JD will gracefully make mincemeat out of any of the typical featherbrained and in-the-tank remarks from Ms GIC-taking Crocodile Tears "ILovePeacocksatPineBanks" MBMM. Can't wait for him to politely and carefully dissect one of GI's bloviating and blathering rambles or PM's archetypical buffoon aggressions. Will so enjoy hearing him pull an expert and common-sense summation out of the BS that passes for public discourse currently. Frank had better watch out because JD has a law degree, too, but actually knows and respects the law and isn't about to cotton to the behind-the-scenes patronage schemes that define the way things are done now. Monica and Don and Bob will find an intelligent ally and might be able to get some sensible motions seconded and seen through to completion now, since JD won't stand for the gridlock BS or go-along-to-get-along mode the rest have so fully embodied. All those nothings on the board (SF, JL) might find themselves a bit challenged to actually do something for once.

The School brownnosing head-bobbers will find themselves in an awkward situation when JD mows away the competition again, along with Monica, as the two front-runners. They will try to ingratiate themselves with him and find that while he will smile and remain gracious, he won't sell their BS. CT should be looking for another job because sooner or later she'll have to go, as will her Biz Boy and the lot of her incompetent overpaid "team." JD will be on the BOA, but he will be able to influence the top brass (they know better than to dismiss this man) and it will become obvious, even to them, what must be done. There will be some top city bosses who should be looking for other jobs, too, because this man won't take kindly to corruption and fools. GO JD!

I am honestly most concerned about the rampant misbehavior and unlawful activities of the school committee chair; Superintendent of Schools and City Solicitor's continual antics. Misusing their positions to target certain committee members and members of the public while letting city employees violate public comment rules to slander C Kourkomelis and Citizen Mroz and other Melrose citizens; continual violations of the State's Open Meeting Law in order to cover-up the top school administration staffs' serious Federal Civil Rights violations; continual violation of the State's Public Records Laws. (need I go on?) Will JD LaRock have any control or influence over stopping these violators?

No, JD won't be able to "solve" the problems of those law-breaking, scheming thugs, but when it all breaks loose, as it's already beginning to do, and the federal and state government Big Sticks come down like a ton of bricks, JD will call for appropriate corrective action. A lot of them will be demanded to step down, election or no, as it should be. Whatever last gasp the O folks think they can pull off will go quickly down the drain when the whole corrupt bunch is revealed more fully for what they actually are.

Can't wait until JD becomes a BOA member. Glad that MM will have support regarding the water and sewer rates debacle. Interesting to note the body language during the BOA meeting last night while Mr. LaRock was speaking. Deer in headlight expressions on many faces. I am one of the residents who is always billed for water used during the last fiscal year at increased rates. My bill which came last week is outrageous and cements my vote against the override.

In The Know
Will MBMM's "comeback" to any good point LaRock makes be that he lives in his parents basement and has others writing his motions like she CONSTANTLY does about MM?

MBMM (and others) gossip, pretend their votes are not in the tank, and play at being a politician. All elected officials should remember that voters may not necessarily remember exactly what you say, but do remember how you made them feel.

Water Bills
Can't wait until JD becomes a BOA member. Glad that MM will have support regarding the water and sewer rates debacle. Interesting to note the body language during the BOA meeting last night while Mr. LaRock was speaking. Deer in headlight expressions on many faces. I am one of the residents who is always billed for water use used last fiscal year at increased rates. My bill which came last week is outrageous and cements my vote against the override.

JDL was excellent in his public comments at the BOA mtg last night. Good for him! He aligned himself squarely with the excellent work of Monica Medeiros. You're right, I watched the meeting, and the rest of them looked dumbfounded (emphasis on the dumb part). Watch them all scramble to try and look like they actually know anything or care after this most articulate man spoke so clearly and pointedly. It was heartening to see that JD has grown and now appears willing to engage across the aisle. The local pinhead Dems running the local party politics should take note and start to grow up themselves and at least pretend to care about what actually matters to taxpayers/citizens.

The water/sewer rate thing is actually scandalous in how it's been mismanaged from the get-go. It's also disgraceful the way Mr. Mroz and Alderman Medeiros have been so chronically dismissed by the Board, but glad to see that some of the awful BOA and officials are now at least nervous and starting to move their mouths the way they should have been moving from the start. Conn needs to pull papers and put his brains (and all he knows) in gear and start backing these smart ethical people instead of caving into the rest of the cabal (which is now going to be forced to do some of the right things, hopefully).

Robbie and John: That so-called "consultant" of yours has to go! He's a fraud and we're all sick of paying for the lies. Get him gone, and now! If you hope to salvage anything of your own reputations, fix this most glaring of your failures.

Would have loved to see JD Larock and G Mroz run for school committee. If elected, they could team with Carrie Kourkoumelis to fight the evil forces of anti-transparency, corruption, and stupidity (RD, Thorpe, Margaret Driscoll, and Superintendent Taymore).

Mr. LaRock left the SC before he hsd a chance to accomplish anything there, which is not a plus for him running for another position in Melrose in my book. Also, the fact that this board is so whole heartedly endorsing him also makes me think twice about voting for him. Given this board's track record on candidates it has endorsed, I can't imagine Me. LaRock is that pleased to have you all gushing over him so you may want to give it a rest so he has a chance.

Actually many citizens on this board have wholeheartedly endorsed Monica Medeiros (#1 vote-getter last election) and Mrs. Kourkoumelis, the stellar member of the SC. There are more sophisticated members of our citizenry reading and posting here than anyplace else, frankly.

Monica lost her last election.

MM's leadership questioning the water and sewer rate games will insure her status....prediction....once again, she will be a top vote getter in the Melrose 2015 BOA election. The politicians who should be worried know who they are....and why......