Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BOA Race

I read that Don Conn pulled papers to run again for the BOA. So, 5 people for 4 spots at this time....Conn, Mederios and JD will win handily......leaving the last spot for Zwirko or MBMM (unless someone else decides to go for it).....

Re: BOA Race

Gerry Mroz should run. MZ will just be another rubber-stamper. GM will do what needs to be done, especially with a strong bunch that could work together (JD, MM, DC). Need to get rid of PM, SF, GI, FW. They are bad and need to go.

There's literally no hope for the schools unless a big bunch of good people come in this week and bump out the bunch of hopeless proven disasters and new eager rubber-stampers. You'd think that parents would have figured out how bad things are and mounted some decent candidates. But apparently parents here are a lot less smart than one would have thought. Really too bad for the kids. Does it really have to keep getting worse before it turns around? These are 4-year positions, folks! There are 3 openings (not counting mayor). Are there really not three independent-minded candidates in this entire city? How is it possible that the only choices are the convict, the entrenched fully culpable incumbent, and 2 pro-override full-blown sycophants? Is this really the best that Melrose can come up with?

FW, SF, PM are all running unopposed....all are useless and "in the bag"...but if no one in their Wards run against them...we are stuck...GI and JT must be nervous because they will have to defend their crap.... MZ has potential, if he dumps GI and MBMM...agree that DC, MM and JD will be a good force/trio.....I'm sorry that JLB was bullied out.....GI and MBMM are gossips and bullies who need to go....I'm sorry for the kids and the teachers but I'm quite frankly sick of the schools fiasco and all the money shenanigans.....voting no on the override....,

Mroz on Board

Gerry Mroz certainly has the ability to bring a lot of good information "to the table" but has difficulty in
presenting it in a precise, edited, manner - otherwise Board meetings will be longer than they are now and
discourange viewers.

Re: Mroz on Board

BOA Meeting "viewers", now there's an unfamiliar concept! While some may not like GM's style, his heart has always unequivocally been in the RIGHT place, and he has the goods, when it comes to the data, the work ethic, the unimpeachable character and concern for the well-being of our entire city. Can't really say that about many. Vote for the feel-good blatherers if you prefer. I would very much welcome this highly educated and dedicated man as my family's representative!

I second that! Finally there is a chance there could be real work by a real team instead of the big rubber stamp. Go for it, Gerry. We need you!

Here is another vote for Gerry Mroz for Alderman! Those of us who Gerry well know that he is honest, smart, articulate, trustworthy, and dedicated to transparency - worthy attributes.