Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How are Election Results Tabulated?

What I am asking about is who actually counts the votes.

I realize it is somewhat automated process because we put our cards in the machine after voting but who oversees the final process? Are they truly objective? So many things in this city are not done objectively that I need to ask.

What happens if there is a close vote? If a recount is called for? Who counts the responses? Hopefully not the people that work for city hall that are on the MEF.

Re: How are Election Results Tabulated?

Don't worry - everything in Melrose government is honest - the Mayor counts the votes personally - how much fairer can you be?

My point exactly.

It's a process that I've never thought to question the integrity of but becoming aware of the staggering amount of impropriety that goes on here, it makes me wonder.
I picture the MEF and/or the Birth to Five joint cabal volunteering to "help out." And being commended by the mayor for their tireless dedication to the city.

"The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."--Joseph Stalin

Joe was always a pretty clever guy who knew how to win - with everyone else's blood, sweat, and tears! He had a "killer" personality!

MFD
Joe was always a pretty clever guy who knew how to win - with everyone else's blood, sweat, and tears! He had a "killer" personality!

Help me out here, Myron: I can't think of ANY leader winning without everyone else's blood sweat and tears.

With Hitler and Mao, his killer personality was par for the course in those days.

Evidently, Sir or Madame, you are someone who has difficulty distinguishing between moral equivalents - but that's fine since we seem to have a government occupied by people like you.

MFD
Evidently, Sir or Madame, you are someone who has difficulty distinguishing between moral equivalents - but that's fine since we seem to have a government occupied by people like you.

Says the guy making snarky comments about one of history's biggest mass murderers.

Government would be well-served to be made up of people like me. Unfortunately, it's made up of the brainless tikkun olam types intent on burning down the shining city upon the hill.

As I recall "Real Facts" - you were the first one to bring Stalin into the discussion as if that guy deserved any of his thoughts to be mentioned.

Touche my dear Myron!

MFD
As I recall "Real Facts" - you were the first one to bring Stalin into the discussion as if that guy deserved any of his thoughts to be mentioned.

I love that the two bastions of this site deny the truth of a statement because they don't like the messenger.

Which is mostly the problem with this site in the first place!

Real darling....re read your posts and Myrons. We weren't disagreeing with the truth of Stalin's statements. I'm surprised at you! Feeling so wounded by innocuous comments!

Myron and I don't see eye to eye on many things....but when he's clever or cute I have to support him because I like him.

patricia wright
Real darling....re read your posts and Myrons. We weren't disagreeing with the truth of Stalin's statements. I'm surprised at you! Feeling so wounded by innocuous comments!

Myron and I don't see eye to eye on many things....but when he's clever or cute I have to support him because I like him.

"As I recall "Real Facts" - you were the first one to bring Stalin into the discussion as if that guy deserved any of his thoughts to be mentioned."--MFD

Sorry, Pattycakes, but Myron feels that the messenger is more important than the message. Shall we ignore "I had a dream!" or "Ask not what your country can do for you..." because the speakers were plagiarizing philanderers? Or shall we ignore Mao's Little Red Book, the Bible of insurgents everywhere (6 billion copies printed), because he rivals the aforementioned Dzhugashvili in the mass murderer sweepstakes?

No, ignore at your peril. Which is pretty much the problem in modern America in the first place.

Hey, "Real Facts" - you have to go back to your meds - your rantings are getting ridiculous. Get a grip on life - and then come back to join the human race again.

Just keep an eye on the ballot counting.

The push toward accumulating absentee votes and the ability to vote through an online link are two more ways that the system can be manipulated.

I don't know who oversees the process but it needs to be watched.

MFD
Hey, "Real Facts" - you have to go back to your meds - your rantings are getting ridiculous. Get a grip on life - and then come back to join the human race again.

The opprobrium of morons is a badge of honor!

Priceless string. The bozo's are setting up the excuse in case the override passes. The override wasn't really passed, the evil wizard behind the curtain committed voter fraud. What a pack of losers. The lying continues with this crowd. There is no way to vote through an online link. I encourage all of the clowns to dress in full regalia on election day and then as the polls close please congregate in front of City hall in your clown suits and waddle around honking your noses. It will either be the rally cry of victory or the march of the lemmings ready to jump off the bridge.

Clown Patrol: I think they are all just kidding so don't get all bent out of shape. Now jump back into your Nissan Cube and report back to the Mayor that the "What kind of school system does Melrose Want?" has 17,000 views and is getting about 400 hits a day.

If you think these fools are just kidding you are the biggest bozo of all. Keep telling yourself how important you are by counting views on a website...what a joke...thats a losers measuring stick. The winners are happy to be living in the Number 1 real estate market in the country. BOO YAH! Melrose #1.

Yes, we love Melrose too, but we don't paint it in red letters on our chest like you. Have a little class, bozo. By the way 17,850 but who's counting except for Dolan and you?

Hey Clownster: Frankly, we'd rather live in a town where the Superintendent and her crony administrators aren't the target of three Federal Civil Rights Investigations for retaliation and where the School Committee Chair isn't constantly the target of State investigations of Public Records Laws violations and Open Meeting Laws violations. But we are going to hang in there until we drive these Melrose haters out of town.

Clown Patrol
If you think these fools are just kidding you are the biggest bozo of all. Keep telling yourself how important you are by counting views on a website...what a joke...thats a losers measuring stick. The winners are happy to be living in the Number 1 real estate market in the country. BOO YAH! Melrose #1.

Number 1 real estate market? You haven't a hint of a clue, Bozo.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ramshackle-san-francisco-home-sells-for-12-million-2015-03-27

http://sfist.com/2015/06/16/million_dollar_dirt_listing.php

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2015/05/this_onebedroom_stucco_hut_in_venice_is_asking_22_million.php

Another moron eating shyte because the newspaper told him it was ice cream.

Just saw a carload of Clowns whooping and hollering out their windows on Main St. What's going on? [:)]

How does Mayor Dolan have 100% of the vote when he is unopposed (per MMTV)? I did not vote for him. I wrote in Monica Medeiros. The unopposed ward alderman (Boisselle, Lemmerman, and Mortimer among others) scored 90-something % each....

Good question! I voted for Monica too...so that makes at least 2 of us.

three. Patch reporting 71%