Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks!

Thanks everybody!
The conspiracy theories, the anti-government diatribes, and the complaining about PTO moms has been loads of fun to read. It's 7am Tuesday, and I'm headed down to vote yes.

Cheers!

Re: Thanks!

Us as well. Do I hear a "me three"?

I particularly enjoy the conspiracy theories. They are my favorites strings. The personal attacks not so much. I don't know the Melrose Messages crowd are all so happy that this site is getting more hits - I think it just means that more people are seeing how crazy they all are.

Mron, I am cancelling your vote. Have a good day[:)]

You keep reading. I used to come here for the crazy. They kept me as a reader who checks the site out once a week, because I came to realize that the people on this site are not the crazy ones. They are the only people in this city who print the facts, and actually care what happens, and there are too few of them for sure.
Vote yes. Vote no. I don't care either way. The schools will still be the mess they are. Keep telling yourself they are getting better. You are nuts. I have one more year till my kids are all out, and then I will get away from the truly crazy taxes and go somewhere just as nice to look at, but with less self-righteous blowhards who think they live somewhere else. Go pine away for your untouchable Winchesters and Lexingtons. Pay more for the same old, same old. You fools.

And yet...
You keep reading. I used to come here for the crazy. They kept me as a reader who checks the site out once a week, because I came to realize that the people on this site are not the crazy ones. They are the only people in this city who print the facts, and actually care what happens, and there are too few of them for sure.

“Not everything on Melrose Messages is true, but nobody’s taking it as gospel in the first place,” Wright said. “If there’s a kernel of truth in some of the posts, then that’s what needs to happen.”

The difficulty with being interviewed by the press is that you don't have control about what is printed. That comment was taken out of context. What I was discussing was SOME of what is discussed here on MM may not be Gospel. What wasn't printed was that I felt MOST of what is discussed here is. Even the small number of posts that may be factually inaccurate have some element of truth to them. That was the point I was trying to make.

Three
I particularly enjoy the conspiracy theories. They are my favorites strings. The personal attacks not so much. I don't know the Melrose Messages crowd are all so happy that this site is getting more hits - I think it just means that more people are seeing how crazy they all are.

If that's what it takes to draw them to a site with real news and facts (with some nonsense on the side) so be it. Fox news uses half naked women with glass tables. I'd rather get some chuckles from the back and forth ribbing and gossip on Melrose Messages; whatever works.

I'm so sorry you voted yes.

Hey - Quatro - nice try but you and your crowd failed miserably. There are enough people in this city who actually know what's going on!

Your snarky post meant nothing. I am loving rereading the posts by you MEFs who thought you had it in the bag.
Cheers!