Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
water bill

Who wants to lead the charge against these higher water bills? I would love to join the brigade, and I'm sure a lot of people would be behind it! Peaceful assembly!f

Re: water bill

What, are you going to throw buckets of water on Dolan's front lawn at City Hall?[:-?]

My husband suggested showing up at an Aldermen's meeting with buckets of water to be returned to the city since many of us were billed retroactively at the 2015 rates for water used in 2014. It would serve them right if a bunch of us brought in buckets of water and asked for credits on our bills! The harm they--the mayor and his hacks, the BOA and their hack consultant--have caused to the whole community is huge. They should be hanging their heads in shame and jumping at the opportunity to fix this RETROACTIVELY turning back the rates, dumping the tier system and eating the cost. At a minimum they could certainly dump the tier system immediately and instead of hiring their stupid consultants to tell them what to do next, we should demand that they use common sense and go back to a the more fair flat rate--as in NOW!!!! To heck with their pride and their politics. This is serious and it needs to be fixed immediately!!!

I know that Melrose Wakefield Hosp does not pay the city taxes. Do they pay for their water usage ? If not how is it handled ?

Wait
What, are you going to throw buckets of water on Dolan's front lawn at City Hall?[:-?]
We should join Morty and the Village People in the shower at the Y. Just remember, don't drop the soap and keep your buns to the wall!

bucket brigade
My husband suggested showing up at an Aldermen's meeting with buckets of water to be returned to the city since many of us were billed retroactively at the 2015 rates for water used in 2014. It would serve them right if a bunch of us brought in buckets of water and asked for credits on our bills! The harm they--the mayor and his hacks, the BOA and their hack consultant--have caused to the whole community is huge. They should be hanging their heads in shame and jumping at the opportunity to fix this RETROACTIVELY turning back the rates, dumping the tier system and eating the cost. At a minimum they could certainly dump the tier system immediately and instead of hiring their stupid consultants to tell them what to do next, we should demand that they use common sense and go back to a the more fair flat rate--as in NOW!!!! To heck with their pride and their politics. This is serious and it needs to be fixed immediately!!!

And some people wonder why the Override lost almost 2 to 1 ......a major reason for my NO vote was my sky high water bill (charged retroactively)...The BOA needs to fix the water and sewer rates ASAP... I don't trust that it will be done quickly or fairly...The BOA rep to the water committee is Tramontozzi who doesn't even pay for his family's own health insurance.....why should we trust that he will look after taxpayers when he feels entitled to take our money for his private healthcare use?

Well, he was the one who made a point of bring up the fact that the city doesn't even pay it's own water bills. They are added onto the ratepayers' bills.

True, But.......
Well, he was the one who made a point of bring up the fact that the city doesn't even pay it's own water bills. They are added onto the ratepayers' bills.

Doesn't justify or explain why Tramontozzi continues to steal our money to pay his family's health insurance....

This should happen.

Help On the Way

Cheer up. Help is on the way. The Mayor has just signed a contract with Port-A-John Company to provide a number of
their outdoor johns to homeowners at a considerable discount. Homeowners will be able to significanly reduce toilet
flushes and their water bill. Multi-hole hole will be available. "A family that goes together, stays together."
Upscale units heated by solar power will be available for winter use.

Re: Help On the Way

Should do the bucket protest and call the media in. TV news, Globe or Herald.
Even if people don't buy papers anymore, the articles are online forever.

If you could get some seniors affected by the 3rd tier rate, all the better.

Get the word out. Let other communities know. Sometimes you have to shame politicians into doing the right thing.

Actually, the Port-A-Potty idea has merit. Stick one on the lawn at City Hall with a sign saying "I had to get this because I can't afford my water/sewer bill anymore."

Is it possible that the bills are so high this round due to the massive water flushing that the City just competed? How is that water use and outflow calculated to each resident? If Melrose Wakefield Hospital does not pay taxes, do they pay for water or is that another huge lump on to residents? Lastly, why are some towns allowed to use MWRA water but not pay MWRA fees for sewage? Saugus only pays for water but not sewage.

Very good questions! I don't think the flushing would register on the individual home meters. But that inquiry about Saugus is important. Someone should try to find our.