Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snow Slaves

Now the city wants to make us slaves to clear the city snow and charge us if we don't do it quick enough for them. Next they'll want us to shovel the roads.

If they want all the sidewalks shoveled according to their time frame, they should do it themselves instead of giving all of us heart attacks rushing to get it done. Buy more sidewalk plows and have the city do it. I'm sick of shoveling all my snow only to have the plows push it all in after. Now they'll do that and impose fines on me after if I don't shovel it fast enough.

Re: Snow Slaves

I have a great idea to buy sidewalk plows for each section of the city to take care of all the walkways throughout the city. Why don't we have our aldermen buy their own health insurance and use the $100K to buy the necessary plows!

Agree. Better having the city clear sidewalds with those little snow plows than have people all over town die from shoveling too fast to meet the city's deadline.

The sidewalk plows go in front of my house but make it worse instead of better. I clear the entire sidewalk nice and early before I go to work. They come by later and mess it all up. They knock snow down on the sides and put snowbanks in the walk and driveway. My driveway gets it from both sides. The plow truck from the street and the sidewalk plow from the sidewalk. When I come home from work I have solid snow to shovel - again.

yOWZAS

Middle-class white people problems