Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patrick

PDR worked in Melrose...then Plymouth...then back to Melrose...what is the story behind the job switching cycle? What/how did RD/Melrose cooperate...? Plymouth officials allowed PDR to leave quickly and quietly....his fiscal competence was widely questioned and his treatment of women known...

Re: Patrick

That was obvious from the way he treated Monica!

You're right, MFD, PDR has a known history of abuse towards women. His expensive suits contain a very angry man.

Dello Russo left Plymouth with a water and sewer deficit of over 1.2 million dollars. There was an article about it in the Globe years back. I still have it. I tried to bring up this fact years ago before the tiered system went into place and was shut down in chambers by Tramontozzi. He wouldn't allow me to say a word. Now look where we are!

Phoney Baloney Tramontozzi takes GIC.....He sold his soul for health insurance and now follows marching orders... Another sleazy lawyer on the take....

Why did PDR leave Melrose for Plymouth? Why did Melrose hire PDR again after his water and sewer debacle there became public? PDR's temperament issues were known in Plymouth and have played out in Melrose more than once. Will anyone call for him to apologize for his bullying of Monica? It probably won't happen because city officials and the other elected politicians have shown themselves to be "incapable" of the courage to confront such behavior and were " ignorant" in their silence!

Here is the reason why nothing will be done about Mr. Della Russo's behavior at the last BOA meeting - I spoke to an Alderman recently about this and he told me that everyone (except of course Monica) thought that Monica was out-of-line and that they did not blame PDR for his tirade and poor behavior in replying to Monica! This is why we have a leadership problem in the BOA. Can you imagine that not one person on that Board thought that the actions of the CFO was disrespectful to the Board! Although to her credit, Alderwoman Bird did make a note later about a lack of decorum in this discussion.

Now remember what happened: Monica laid out in a calm and articulate manner her rationale for declaring that PDR was dishonest in not providing enough information on the matter being discussed. Then PDR replied that she was ignorant of the budget procedures and that he was disgusted with her insinuation. He then said that he was not going to answer or address any more questions on this Order and suddenly left the table WITHOUT getting permission from the chair or allowing Monica or other Aldermen to ask any follow-up questions on the Order. Our Aldermen seem to think that the behavior exhibited by a paid city official is acceptable - shame on them!

Both Ms. Medeiros and Mr. Della Russo exhibited poor behavior during the meeting: Ms. Medeiros accusing the CFO in open meeting, of dishonesty, instead of first getting a thorough and full explanation from Mr. Della Russo; and Mr. Della Russo, for losing his temper and composure and further insulting the Board by dismissing himself from the discussion on the Order and not willing to engage other members on the Order. Since Mr. Della Russo is a paid city employee, he should be reprimanded by the Mayor and be required to apologize to the Board and to Medeiros at their next meeting, while Ms. Medeiros should do likewise.

Just my opinion.

Court Jester Monica Mederous made a complete @ss out of herself at that meeting. If Bozo the Clown Myron paid attention to the topic long enough to understand the issue he would get that...but he is too busy with his ignorant posts on MM to pay attention to actual facts. PDR is responsible for managing about $60,000,000 in bills each year. The Court Jester called him a liar because he claimed not to have been aware of a $15,000 bill from a Technical School that showed up in the inbox in late November...because when she asked him weeks earlier he said he didn't think there were any more technical student bills coming. MM was grandstanding because she thinks she's a big cheese because she got the most votes on the BOA...who cares? It's a half @ss job that any moron can do. John Dunn topped the ballot for years and he was a citywide disgrace. MM can't get a job that pays enough to move out of her parents basement and she's calling the City CFO a liar on a meaningless bill. In the old days after an insult like that PDR could have challenged her to a duel and blown her head off. She should be thankful his only reaction was to tell her her statement was ignorant and he was disgusted with her attempt to impugn his integrity...which is exactly all he did. If Monica had the guts to try to get the most votes in the Big Boy job maybe PDR would pay attention to her...but right now she is nothing but an irrelevant fool that got what she deserved at the meeting...and PDR was well within his right to walk away from the table. MM deserved no respect after her shallow display, and PDR showed her none.

O.k..Bozo the and the Court Jester - you did your bidding for the Mayor - now go back and tell him you did a good job - showing everyone how the Mayor has taught you well how to demean and use uncivil language - he will be proud of you!

Same tired old response and story from MFD. MFD the mayor has enjoyed overwhelming support in this community for over a decade. People like you are the overwhelming minority. Its interesting that you demean him behind his back but kiss his @ss when you are talking with him at public events.

The Mayor's "support" did not pass his override....2 to 1 defeat is not a "minority" vote....RD is not "overwhelmingly" respected or admired....I feel sorry for him because he is insecure and not a happy person....for the sake of the City and his family he should change his "tired old responses and behaviors" and move on.....

For wishful thinking. Dolan will be here as long as he wants. For all of the hot air on this board no one will run against him. Until that happens his detractors are residing in fantasy land.

Tis the season
For wishful thinking. Dolan will be here as long as he wants. For all of the hot air on this board no one will run against him. Until that happens his detractors are residing in fantasy land.

Not sure that anyone disagrees with your opinion - as long as he maintains his political machine in this small city, gives out his "favors", where it is "who you know that counts", he'll remain in office -UNLESS - a major scandal does him in. His personal flaws are obvious to all who know him - a Milano he isn't - whether he makes it to 20 years or not!

Well yes, now that he has changed the City Charter to prevent the majority of typical mayoral candidates (small business owners, attorneys and consultants) from running for Mayor unless they divest themselves of their practices, businesses and livelihoods, he probably IS tyrant for life. Or perhaps some day a local retiree will run against him and teach him something about civility and respect for his constituents.

Tired Old Story
Same tired old response and story from MFD. MFD the mayor has enjoyed overwhelming support in this community for over a decade. People like you are the overwhelming minority. Its interesting that you demean him behind his back but kiss his @ss when you are talking with him at public events.

I don't kiss his a$$ at public events and neither does MFD. We are very vocal critics and supporters if Dolan happens to engage in efforts that deserve praise or criticism. Unfortunately it is more of the latter due to his tyrannical behavior.

As far as Patrick Dello Russo is concerned he's just a waste of my time.[:-?]

Big questioned about this man?

Tired Old Story

As usual this poster has distorted the facts - First, I was a supporter of the Mayor for most of his term as Mayor - I even initially supported his pay raise when the issue was being voted on by the BOA - spoke in favor of it at the public meeting - go back and look at the tape. He was elected during the Big Dig fiasco and he and his staff did a great job recovering the city from that debacle. Also, he has done a excellent job in moving the city forward with all the good development projects which have improved the city in so many different areas. But things have changed since he became a major influence in the schools - which as Mayor - he has undue influence contrary to state regulations - blurring the lines of influence between city operations and the school system. After nearly 15 years in office - it's time for a change - the position of Mayor should not be a permanent job for life! Others should be given an opportunity to be Mayor to see what improvements they can make to the city. No one is indispensable. Political machines which guarantee the election of the same person should not be the norm - we see what negative impacts this has nationally - we should not allow it locally - just my opinion.

Finally, I will always respect the office of Mayor - when I meet the Mayor - I am always polite, sincere, and treat him with respect. Also, I will always acknowledge his achievements -and there have been many as I noted above. If you call this kissing his @ss, then this says more about you than me.

MFD is correct that both exhibited poor behaiior. Unfortunately, some feminist have tried to turn it into a sexist issue.
I suspect that Della Russso would have gotten just as upset about being called a liar ("you were not truthful with me") if the accuser had been a nale.

MFD, admit it, when you see Dolan you go into full pucker mode, let Dolan bend over, and kiss his @ss. You would probably shine his shoes if he asked you. Hypocrite. Next stop fantasy land for the MM Bozo Brigade. The latest strings and participants are a fantastic early Christmas Present. We have charter reform and a committee to make a better Melrose. Could be the clowns best joke yet. You Bozo's blew it. You just had an election and the cowardly lions couldn't get their darling Monica to run against him. For the record, MM does not have a business she would have to divest, makes no money, and is a seasoned campaigner looking for a career in politics. She could have given herself a huge increase in pay, an actual political career, and given the bozo brigade the best Christmas ever. She had one reason not to run...she would have got slaughtered and she knew it...but if you clowns believe in yourselves she would have slaughtered him, right? You also could have tried to get charter reform on the ballot. But no, for the Bozos crushing defeat at the ballot box exposes them for the what they are...a small minority of whiners with no courage. Its easier to let the election pass and make-up reasons why no one will run against Dolan; oooh the charter, ooh the political machine. Please post the date and time for the first meeting of the Make Melrose Better Committee. I'd like to film it and send it to Disney for the recreation of the Bar Scene in the original Star Wars movie.

Clown Patrol
MFD, admit it, when you see Dolan you go into full pucker mode, let Dolan bend over, and kiss his @ss. You would probably shine his shoes if he asked you. Hypocrite. Next stop fantasy land for the MM Bozo Brigade. The latest strings and participants are a fantastic early Christmas Present. We have charter reform and a committee to make a better Melrose. Could be the clowns best joke yet. You Bozo's blew it. You just had an election and the cowardly lions couldn't get their darling Monica to run against him. For the record, MM does not have a business she would have to divest, makes no money, and is a seasoned campaigner looking for a career in politics. She could have given herself a huge increase in pay, an actual political career, and given the bozo brigade the best Christmas ever. She had one reason not to run...she would have got slaughtered and she knew it...but if you clowns believe in yourselves she would have slaughtered him, right? You also could have tried to get charter reform on the ballot. But no, for the Bozos crushing defeat at the ballot box exposes them for the what they are...a small minority of whiners with no courage. Its easier to let the election pass and make-up reasons why no one will run against Dolan; oooh the charter, ooh the political machine. Please post the date and time for the first meeting of the Make Melrose Better Committee. I'd like to film it and send it to Disney for the recreation of the Bar Scene in the original Star Wars movie.

A clown will always be a clown!

MFD, you know every bit of it is true. That's why you reposted it. Explain why Monica didn't run.

This string is about me bozo! Monica is just my collateral damage. Let's focus on me and my suits with the big shoulder pads. I always did like the 80's!

Truth hurts
MFD, you know every bit of it is true. That's why you reposted it. Explain why Monica didn't run.

Monica Medeiros didn't run for the same reason Don Conn and others don't run - the Dolan political machine is too strong at this time - however, like all "machines", they eventually run our of steam! Just look at the very high number of blanks cast for Mayor in the last election when he was running unchallenged - that should tell you that there is dissatisfaction with him. It is only a matter of time when others will have a better chance of defeating him.

Looks like MFD and PW are at odds over the reasons for Dolan's firm grasp of the Mayors seat in Melrose. PW believes its the charter...which is obviously a BS excuse as none of the alleged charter issues would effect Monica M, the MM boards diva and leading Alderman at Large vote getter. Myron acknowledges its because of Dolan's overwhelming popularity in Melrose. His pettiness causes him to use the word "political machine" but he knows the truth. Dolan has no political machine. He has one fund raiser a year and virtually no campaign committee. This isn't Tammany Hall...he simply enjoys the overwhelming support of the City of Melrose...and it drives the people on this board nuts.

Truth hurts
Looks like MFD and PW are at odds over the reasons for Dolan's firm grasp of the Mayors seat in Melrose. PW believes its the charter...which is obviously a BS excuse as none of the alleged charter issues would effect Monica M, the MM boards diva and leading Alderman at Large vote getter. Myron acknowledges its because of Dolan's overwhelming popularity in Melrose. His pettiness causes him to use the word "political machine" but he knows the truth. Dolan has no political machine. He has one fund raiser a year and virtually no campaign committee. This isn't Tammany Hall...he simply enjoys the overwhelming support of the City of Melrose...and it drives the people on this board nuts.

MFD and PW are not at odds. Their reasons are not mutually exclusive and both rationales apply.

Charter issues would definitely AFFECT (another illiterate MM poster: "effect") any professional who would consider running, including Ms. Medeiros.

It's laughable to say "Dolan has no political machine." It's very much like a mini-Tammany Hall. The MEF, local Dem Potty, and Chamberpots fuel the machine quite efficiently, except when they've so obviously overstepped the bounds of the low bar of common sense here and tried to foist a total boondoggle of a tax override onto voters already being fleeced. To say RD "enjoys the overwhelming support of the City of Melrose" demonstrates the poster's complete status as a Machine Shill. Whatever support this once justifiably favored mayor had has been shot full of holes (30% of voting public in November and considerably more since then after the undignified tantrums and increasing bad behavior of Dolan ever since). "Truth hurts" (aka Dolan Lapdog Shill) is a silly fool.