Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Commission on Women

It will be interesting to see the appointments to the new Women's Commission. Diversity is assumed but it remains to be seen. Hopefully, the Commissioners will be representative of changing Melrose. If only white women with their mommy agendas are running the show, the WC will become another divisive force in Melrose ( like MEF ) and doomed to failure before it begins.

Re: Commission on Women

I've already told Alderman Lemerman(sp)? That I would like to be a candidate for consideration. But we all know the appointments are made by the Mayor. My chances are slim to none at this point.

And also explains why these commissions will always have a political agenda! Can you think of anyone more political than our Mayor? It takes real courage and mindfulness to ignore ones inner biases and negative tendencies.

The Free Press quoted both Alderman Lemmerman and the proposed language to amend the City Charter.

"Lemmerman emphasized the importance of finding a diverse group of women to serve as commissioners a point reflected in the proposed language to amend the City Charter."

"The members shall be drawn from diverse racial, ethnic, religious, age, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds"

Slim left town

Quotes Related to Commission on Women
The Free Press quoted both Alderman Lemmerman and the proposed language to amend the City Charter.

"Lemmerman emphasized the importance of finding a diverse group of women to serve as commissioners a point reflected in the proposed language to amend the City Charter."

"The members shall be drawn from diverse racial, ethnic, religious, age, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds"

Looking forward to a varied group who can help build new relationships and initiatives which will help the whole community.