Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water Rates

You're alright Senior. You've got spunk. But I'm afraid the Mayor would react with the words of Lou Grant, "I hate spunk!"

The family of five on Larchmont Rd. is getting screwed along with you and me, just not quite as much since they would be in tier 2. It's the small households completely in tier 1 who get highly subsidized water and sewer. Rich people get the subsidy. Under the new idea rich people over 65 will get subsidized twice - once by being in the first tier and once by the tax credit because they're 65. The young families are charged to cover those subsidies.

I understand Melrose Towers, Station Crossing and Town Estates are all in tier 3. List here the other properties being gouged by the third tier. Show how many residents the mayor is punishing for not living in single family homes.

Water Tax
The family of five on Larchmont Rd. is getting screwed along with you and me, just not quite as much since they would be in tier 2. It's the small households completely in tier 1 who get highly subsidized water and sewer. Rich people get the subsidy. Under the new idea rich people over 65 will get subsidized twice - once by being in the first tier and once by the tax credit because they're 65. The young families are charged to cover those subsidies.

I understand Melrose Towers, Station Crossing and Town Estates are all in tier 3. List here the other properties being gouged by the third tier. Show how many residents the mayor is punishing for not living in single family homes.

Well - let's all stop complaining and show up at the next BOA meeting!

When are they deciding what the new water rates are?

Looks like only two of you bozo's went to the alderman meeting about water rates last night.

All talk - No show
Looks like only two of you bozo's went to the alderman meeting about water rates last night.

Not hard to figure out where this comes from.

If you watched the meeting, it's clear that everything that needed to be said was said quite eloquently by Mr. Taymor of Larchmont Rd.

"If you watched the meeting, it's clear that everything that needed to be said was said quite eloquently by Mr. Taymor of Larchmont Rd."

AND Mr. Mroz who understands how ALL the pieces fit together, not just the limited sphere of the rates.

yup