Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic Light

I blame Mayor Dolan 300% for the faulty traffic light on the intersection of Green St and Lynn Fells Parkway. Attached is a url for his Wikipedia page in case anyone is interested in Dolan Trivia. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_J._Dolan_(politician)

Back to the light:
Me and my homeboi were rolling up on Green St right next to the Seven Miles Church. It's pretty late because we've been putting in work at the bball courts, so not many people are on the roads. We get to the light and its red, oh well. It stays red for quite a good long while, and another car pulls up opposite us. He gets a green, but we stay red. Then after he turns it goes back to green for the homies on the fells. It stayed red for us for another 10 minutes (Not lying my pants ain't on fire) before we gave up and left.

And I blame MRJD for this, because he's the mayor and he should have fixed it before it became an issue.

Forever keeping it real,
Caillou

Re: Traffic Light

That light has been faulty for at least 20 years. I can't tell you the number of times I've just said the hell with it and run it. I don't know whose light it is - Melrose or State (MDC).

Congrats to Chief Lyle and his force for being named one of the top safest cities in the country. #73 I believe. Great job especially in these historic times!

Safest town
Congrats to Chief Lyle and his force for being named one of the top safest cities in the country. #73 I believe. Great job especially in these historic times!

O.k...if we are one of the most safest cities n the entire country - why did Chief Lyle as for several more officers during the last override attempt? I'll tell you why - he was part of the hoax that the Mayor was playing against the residents!

Strange wasn't it - right after the override - the Mayor discovered he had a 3.5 million budget surplus from last year! Before the override was voted down, the Mayor told us that he really wanted the money to fix the "structural" deficit on the city and school side and that if it didn't pass - no big deal. Then after it failed - he said big things would need to change in the city and school planning and budgeting and that problems lay ahead for the city. As new monies come into the city tax receipt account from all the new condos and apartments being built - the Mayor will be able to build up his rabbits in all his secret account hats. That's good for the city but bad for the Mayor since it will be difficult for him to explain why he would need another attempt at an override. Oh well - these "structural" deficits always need fixing - any time, any year!

The Opiod problem in this city is far greater than admitted. Ask a firefighter or police officer to get the real story. We need more officers to deal with all the overdoses. We also need more police with our increasing population. Melrose has a population surge and thus we need an increase in police numbers (sick of the need for more K teachers and "interventionists" CT and the SC claim we need)! The Mayor, SC, School Admins. and budget chief PDR play so many games with figures few believe a word they say. So, taxpayers will not support more taxes and/or bonds. The BOA never questions anything meaningful and approves major spending with poor due diligence reviews. GO along to get along. Example: A few parking spaces (Cinella family connections to current city and elected officials screams Conflict of Interest). Go along to get along has gotten us into a mess. The BOA are useless. The SC will say or do anything to cover their incompetence, lies and law breaking. Lip service no longer passes the smell test and will not solve the range of pervasive and complex problems. Things are rotten in Melrose. We need people of courage to step up. The electorate sent a resounding message by voting NO against the override. The huge failure of the tax increase initiative was a clear message which some folks have not yet accepted BUT must be dealt with at every level of the city. Get over it and get on with it.

Chief L was not a willing part of that override sham. He stated very clearly at a BOA mtg when asked by MM that he never asked for those extra officers. They were put in there by Dolan/PDR to make it appear that this was a citywide appeal, not just a school boondoggle. The Chief cannot abide the games, and yet he is required as part of his job to stand there next to his boss and look like part of the Team (Machine). Otherwise the temper-tantrum brat will have his head just like the previous two chiefs (one of whom as been a long-lasting and highly successful chief for Wakefield ever since RD did him the favor by having another juvenile meltdown and forcing him out).

Snap out of it....
The Opiod problem in this city is far greater than admitted. Ask a firefighter or police officer to get the real story. We need more officers to deal with all the overdoses. We also need more police with our increasing population. Melrose has a population surge and thus we need an increase in police numbers (sick of the need for more K teachers and "interventionists" CT and the SC claim we need)! The Mayor, SC, School Admins. and budget chief PDR play so many games with figures few believe a word they say. So, taxpayers will not support more taxes and/or bonds. The BOA never questions anything meaningful and approves major spending with poor due diligence reviews. GO along to get along. Example: A few parking spaces (Cinella family connections to current city and elected officials screams Conflict of Interest). Go along to get along has gotten us into a mess. The BOA are useless. The SC will say or do anything to cover their incompetence, lies and law breaking. Lip service no longer passes the smell test and will not solve the range of pervasive and complex problems. Things are rotten in Melrose. We need people of courage to step up. The electorate sent a resounding message by voting NO against the override. The huge failure of the tax increase initiative was a clear message which some folks have not yet accepted BUT must be dealt with at every level of the city. Get over it and get on with it.

All true. Just one glaring omission. The electorate did the absolute right thing when it came to that bogus override. However, it did the absolute wrong thing when it failed to vote in Dr. LaRock for the BOA and simultaneously did not put up a single decent candidate for SC, while electing the prior two losers, one of whom is a convicted felon who stole $1.5 million from senior citizens. In what universe would this be considered acceptable other than pathetic Melrose? So sure, the electorate can feel proud of the one huge victory. Meanwhile the citizenry can thank itself for failing to support the one SC member of genuine integrity and intelligence for the six years of her terms, failing to show up and back her many efforts to improve the district and demand accountability or even a modicum of legal and ethical conduct. The citizens can thank themselves for failing to vote for Dr. LaRock, who refused to support the override, resulting in the local Dem party Machine boycotted him. The citizens who supposedly care about getting to the heart of the matters should have voted for him based on his intelligent stands regarding many things, first and foremost calling out the school administration for the grotesque violations of federal law as the OCR proved, and for fixing the Water & Sewer Rate mess and supporting Medeiros.

Melrose citizens don't have a lot to feel proud of right now. This mess may have been directed by those currently in power (with the local Dem Machine and MEF insider creeps directing the gullible parent population), but the bigger issue is that citizens have stayed MOOT (not MUTE--what idiots Scenna and those Water Sewer fools are not to know the difference!!!--thank you, GM for pointing this out!) and have not put forward credible candidates. Instead of all those thousands of blanks, certainly registering discontent (contrary to the ridiculous crap put forward by Casatelli, Thorp, Driscoll, Constantine about how happy parents are when they don't show up!), how about citizens actually stepping up, running for school committee, attending and speaking at meetings, pushing back against the obviously corrupt and broken system?

Otherwise the temper-tantrum brat will have his head just like the previous two chiefs (one of whom as been a long-lasting and highly successful chief for Wakefield ever since RD did him the favor by having another juvenile meltdown and forcing him out).[/quote]. Just like the previous poster said. Ask any cop and they will tell you the former chief is a jack wagon. My people tell me he's very popular at town hall though. 😘😘😘