Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Traffic Congestion

That's exactly why you see the Mass. Hwy Dep't doing a lot of re-paving projects before the end of their fiscal year, a quick way to "use" up money before they "lose" it.

bumper to bumper
It took me 25 minutes (7:45 to 8:10) to drive down Main Street from the Fellsway to Wyoming. What are the City Planners, BOA and Mayor going to do? The consequences of overcrowding/overbuilding on our streets and in our schools screams poor judgement and "planning"!

While I agree with you, how about finding another route. There are plenty, Genius.

Yes, just what the people who live on the quiet side streets want, more traffic and drivers aggravated with Main St. speeding through.

On another note the enormous structure that took over the quaint little antique shop looks fantastic as I see it right in front of me turning from Emerson onto Essex St. That was sarcasm in case you didn't notice.

Zor
On another note the enormous structure that took over the quaint little antique shop looks fantastic as I see it right in front of me turning from Emerson onto Essex St. That was sarcasm in case you didn't notice.

Yes, what a quaint addition to our idyllic downtown. Then again, we have crazy out of towners mesmerized by the ridiculous "hottest zip code in the country" malarkey that are spending almost $500,000 for little two bedroom condos sandwiched between the two busiest roadways in Melrose, the railroad tracks and the baseball field with all the noise and blazing 1000 watt light stands and a mediocre at best school system for little Johnny. How charming!

And wait until these condo owners start complaining about the lights and noise and then demand limits on the use of the ball field and football areas - thanks Mayor - great idea to allow this to happen!

Stop building the condos.

You guys do realize you only live 7 miles from a major metropolitan right? Did you think Melrose would always have that "town" feel? If you did, you weren't paying attention to the progression coming out of Boston. Meaning at one point, Everett, Malden, Revere Etc were nicer areas. Or at least nicer than they are now! Melrose is just next in line. Not a racist comment, but lets face it, when I was growing up in Melrose it was 99% white, now its down to something like 86%. Take that comment for what you will but once again it goes back to my everett, malden, revere comment. They too were once all white communities.

Look folks long story short this is the way of Melrose now, it's finally earned it's city "stripes." If anything it's going to get worse, not better. So if you don't like it sell your overpriced house and beat it. Melrose is a CITY from here on out. Also let me say that I agree with most of you, I've just realized whining about it is useless. I my self have been looking at some nicer, quieter communities further North. So agree with me, yell at me, say what you will, but I'm not wrong with anything i've said.

Sure. Enjoy Tewksbury and realize that nobody here misses you. Malden and Everett were dumps 25 years ago and are dumps today. Melrose is a great city and will contiue to be so. Check out realtor.com. Too bad you chose the wrong time to sell!

OK
Sure. Enjoy Tewksbury and realize that nobody here misses you. Malden and Everett were dumps 25 years ago and are dumps today. Melrose is a great city and will contiue to be so. Check out realtor.com. Too bad you chose the wrong time to sell!

A nerve has been struck? One of the Melrose elitists I presume? Why go as far north as Tewksbury when I could stop in Reading, Burlington, or Wilmington? All wealthier than Melrose, and better school systems. Choke on that sweetie. Enjoy your traffic and mental midget mayor. [:)s]

The traffic problems are not the slight change in demographics. I grew up in Melrose and it was always considered better than Malden, Everett & Revere. People moved from those cities to Melrose to better themselves back then. The ethnic makeup is irrelevant.
The traffic problems are due to too many people on the roads. Every household has 2 or 3 cars and those new condos just added so many more households.

Enjoy whatever craphole you want to move to. I can guarantee that we will not be hovering around on message boards in your crappy city. It sounds like you are one of the out of towners that tried to take on the Mayor and got slapped down. Boohooo! You aren't missed here.

Stop the condos from being built. We don't need any more. We don't need the new ones that we have now but it's obviously too late. I wasn't paying attention & now I wish I had. Not that I could have done anything ...
I would love to trace the $$$ and see who in town benefited from them. Because some people did. I guarantee it.

What out of towners tried to take on the mayor and got slapped down, as you write?

New to town
What out of towners tried to take on the mayor and got slapped down, as you write?
The mayor seems to be getting cosy with the transplants. I guess he sees them as his future. Be careful what you wish for. You might get it.

OK
Enjoy whatever craphole you want to move to. I can guarantee that we will not be hovering around on message boards in your crappy city. It sounds like you are one of the out of towners that tried to take on the Mayor and got slapped down. Boohooo! You aren't missed here.

If the cities I mentioned above are "crapholes" than what does that make melrose? A city where the schools can't be fixed any faster than the traffic problems. Face it Dolan spent lavishly and he needed ways to bring in more doe. Not the all star mayor you momos make him out to be. Build another six story condo while you're at it. Oh and make sure to add zero cops and firefighters while the population sky rockets haha, I'm sure that won't backfire. Ya melrose is really on its A game. And just for the record toots I grew up here. 40 year resident and proud of it but melrose is no longer a town like it once was. Looks more like Malden north than melrose now a days. And if you disagree with that you're either ignorant or you're not originally from here.