Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NAME CHANGE FARCE ENDS

You can't win 'em all. Although the Board of AlderMEN voted down Ward 2 Alderman Jennifer Lemmerman's proposal to change its name to City Council, there are other opportunities to promote gender sensitivity in the City. Take the Department of Public Works for example. Instead of "MANhole covers", how about "personhole covers" ? Or, instead of "MANhours", how about "workerhours". Or, "portapersons" instead of "portaJOHNS". The opportunities are endless for gender identity politics in the our new world order.

Re: NAME CHANGE FARCE ENDS

While we are at it, the high school will have to change Freshman.

And henceforth it will be referred to as sober school.

This is what happens when you begin electing more young left liberals to the Board! Expect more of this nonsense - they should be more concerned with the average citizen challenge of paying increased taxes.

Yes! AlderMEN, please focus on the REAL issues here. Let's stop worrying about hurt feelings. Drop my taxes and water bills and you can call me what you want.

Lemmerman - Lemmerperson.

:)
Lemmerman - Lemmerperson.

woman - womperson
freshman - freshperson/freshpeople
human - humpeople
female - fema, femapeople

Silly waste of time. Just like the dream catcher mess. I wish this PC crap would stop interfering with real issues that need attention.

Exactly.

But this a the strategic decision by the Alderman Mayor and school committee to divert attention from the most pressing issues we have here in Melrose. Lots of time being wasted at these meetings while the Water/Sewer bills surge ahead, the schools spiral into decline and school administrators continue violating laws.