Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lemmerman"s Problem

As reported in the Free Press, Ward 2 Alderman, Jennifer Lemmerman says, "it's not over 'til it's over" and her proposal to change the "Melrose Board of Alderman" to the "Melrose City Council", will be heard by the full board on Oct. 5, despite being rejected by the Appropriations Committee 7-3. "I'm not sure why it is not silly that I'm (called) an Alderman", she says . If she didn't like what she'd be called, why did she run for the office ? If she ever (hopefully not) runs for Congress - here's a warning: you would be running to be a CongressMAN.
Thanks to liberal lunacy, and identity politics , the PC cops are literally trying to make it “offensive” to incorporate "man" in any form.

Re: Lemmerman"s Problem

The Village Voice
As reported in the Free Press, Ward 2 Alderman, Jennifer Lemmerman says, "it's not over 'til it's over" and her proposal to change the "Melrose Board of Alderman" to the "Melrose City Council", will be heard by the full board on Oct. 5, despite being rejected by the Appropriations Committee 7-3. "I'm not sure why it is not silly that I'm (called) an Alderman", she says . If she didn't like what she'd be called, why did she run for the office ? If she ever (hopefully not) runs for Congress - here's a warning: you would be running to be a CongressMAN.
Thanks to liberal lunacy, and identity politics , the PC cops are literally trying to make it “offensive” to incorporate "man" in any form.

Man o' man......Lemmerman should next look into how to get rid of the "man" in her name!

She would not be called Congressman, you dolt! She would be called Representative.

You are basically making her point for her.

Represent!
She would not be called Congressman, you dolt! She would be called Representative.

You are basically making her point for her.

Until she changes her name - not in favor of the change!

Congressman |ˈkä ng grəsmən; ˈkän-|
noun ( pl. -men)
a member of the U.S. Congress (also used as a form of address), usually specifically a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

The Truthsayer
noun ( pl. -men)
a member of the U.S. Congress (also used as a form of address), usually specifically a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.

You are obviously being obtuse.

You would never address Katherine Clark as Congressman Clark. You would address her as either Representative Clark or Congresswoman Clark. Why should Alderman Lemmerman not be afforded at least the option of being addressed as Alderwoman or Councilor?

As for the dummy going on and on about her last name, you do know the difference between family names and titles, don't you? They are not comparable, so please work on some less specious reasoning to stand in the way of progress.

What is a transvestite called if elected to Congress - Congressperson ?

quote=Represent!]

The Truthsayer
noun ( pl. -men)

You would never address Katherine Clark as Congressman Clark. You would address her as either Representative Clark or Congresswoman Clark. Why should Alderman Lemmerman not be afforded at least the option of being addressed as Alderwoman or Councilor?

As for the dummy going on and on about her last name, you do know the difference between family names and titles, don't you? They are not comparable, so please work on some less specious reasoning to stand in the way of progress.[/quote]

I wasn't going to comment, because this is one of the silliest issues ever. But since you are getting into name-calling (obtuse and dummy), I have to say that you are a petty and naive loon.
Go find a real cause that will make an actual difference in the world. This is nonsense stuff- a stupid distraction from real issues. Why does this alderman have time to bother with this? Does she not have enough to do?

We have four public safety buildings that were erected in 50 BC and this chick is worried about her title. PRIORITIES, Alderman, PRIORITIES.

How ironic is it that the one who used to be a man is the one causing all the commotion. This is why I have a problem with these people. You want to live your life the way you want but you have to bring attention to yourself and you demand everyone feel the same way. It's not going to happen. Get over it. You are an alderman and if you want to call yourself an alderwoman then do it. What about the word human? Should we change that too?

That's DeSelm, not Lemmerman.

As a man, I feel slighted that the "man" in alderman and in many other words is being erased by the PC police. I feel that, as a man, I am under attack! It is very hurtful![:-|]

There are those who might think you are being facetious, but I can feel your hurt, and KNOW you are being sincere!

When Democrat v.p. candidate, Tim Kaine, said on the debate last night that he would be Hillary Clinton's "right hand person"...a stupid statement that will haunt him the rest of his career.

Where are the posts regarding the defeat of the change from Alderman to City
Councilor. I for one am glad this was defeated.

There are many more issues that need to be addressed besides this.

Thank you to the Alderman who voted to defeat this stupidity --

This Alderman knew when she ran to be on the Board of Alderman and if she was
voted in this would be her title.

Represent!
The Truthsayer
noun ( pl. -men)

As for the dummy going on and on about her last name, you do know the difference between family names and titles, don't you? They are not comparable, so please work on some less specious reasoning to stand in the way of progress.

When speaking of our congresscritter, I prefer Olive Oyl.

wildfire
Where are the posts regarding the defeat of the change from Alderman to City
Councilor. I for one am glad this was defeated.

There are many more issues that need to be addressed besides this.

Thank you to the Alderman who voted to defeat this stupidity --

This Alderman knew when she ran to be on the Board of Alderman and if she was
voted in this would be her title.

What do you expect from the progressive left! Don't be surprised if she next proposes an order for transgender bathrooms in city and school buildings. T!his is the way their thought process works!

Maybe "Alderperson" would be acceptable.

She would find a problem with that too.

Whether you agreed with her proposal or not, what was the harm? "There are more pressing issues to solve" - ok, but this was already up for a vote; the time was already being wasted; why not just vote for it? Now all that time is gone with no action. That's the real shame.

Lots of towns have City Councils. It's more popular than a Board of Alderman and they do the same job. I don't see what the big deal was with this.

M10
Whether you agreed with her proposal or not, what was the harm? "There are more pressing issues to solve" - ok, but this was already up for a vote; the time was already being wasted; why not just vote for it? Now all that time is gone with no action. That's the real shame.

Lots of towns have City Councils. It's more popular than a Board of Alderman and they do the same job. I don't see what the big deal was with this.

Simple - a majority of the aldermen DID NOT want this change - that's democracy! Now they should all go back to working on the big issues!

Final vote was 5-5

Tie
Final vote was 5-5

I should have pointed out that the BOA follows Robert's Rules which says that a tie vote defeats the motion.

Now perhaps Alderman Lemmerman can go back to addressing the more important issues in Melrose - and I don't mean transgender bathrooms!

Majority Rules
Tie
Final vote was 5-5

I should have pointed out that the BOA follows Robert's Rules which says that a tie vote defeats the motion.

When the vote is tied, the chair can vote. Don Con voted no. Watch the vid instead of making crap up.

It is not Lemmerman's problem but rather one of the village idiots: village voice who fancies herself popular when she is anything but, and those female alderman who are dumb enough to vote against their own interests just for the sake of the party line.

Change is coming, one way or another.

Voting against their own interest? Get real - and learn to live in the real world, dumb, dumb! This is such a small deal - not worthy of any discussion!

Only a small thing worth arguing about, over and over again till the cows come home, when you live in Melrose and have a pea sized brain. To everyone else, it is the right thing to do as a matter of course. Refusing to rename the Board is yet again another stupid thing that Melrose won't do because it is full of backwards idiots who have no idea how provincial they and Melrose remain. Many Melrose folks are already well known for being racist.This is just another indicator of how misogynist and narrow-minded many in Melrose still are. If you think it is no big deal, why fight it so much? Only small handed and small headed people would refuse to acknowledge such a "small" thing. It is a power trip for those who have nothing better to do in their life then stop decent people from doing the right thing.

Wrong again you are
Only a small thing worth arguing about, over and over again till the cows come home, when you live in Melrose and have a pea sized brain. To everyone else, it is the right thing to do as a matter of course. Refusing to rename the Board is yet again another stupid thing that Melrose won't do because it is full of backwards idiots who have no idea how provincial they and Melrose remain. Many Melrose folks are already well known for being racist.This is just another indicator of how misogynist and narrow-minded many in Melrose still are. If you think it is no big deal, why fight it so much? Only small handed and small headed people would refuse to acknowledge such a "small" thing. It is a power trip for those who have nothing better to do in their life then stop decent people from doing the right thing.

Gail Infurna is out of touch and date. She showed her stripes and should look over her shoulder at the next election. Hopefully, Julie DeLillo will run against her next year. I heard the man from Converse Lane is also planning to challenge her again.

I resent your implication that "the folks" in Melrose are known for being
racist.

I do not agree with you about Melrose not being progressive.

I am third generation in this city and what I do object to is someone
having his or her own personal agenda to change things.

The charter will be reviewed and the changes will be made to the items
that need change and not on someone's whim to change things because that
person feels that his or her way is the "right way"

Melrose is "MY HOME TOWN" Is it yours

This change was defeated.

Her request failed.

End of story. "THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG"

wildfire
End of story. "THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG"

The end is questionable. The story will begin again when Gail has challengers for her BOA seat next year.

What's Next?
Now perhaps Alderman Lemmerman can go back to addressing the more important issues in Melrose - and I don't mean transgender bathrooms!

They converted the bathrooms at my work to be "non-discriminatory" to much fanfare.

They had always been single-occupant unisex bathrooms.

To me - it's always been a solution looking for a problem!