Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Reduce Speed and Increase Auto Emissions

Donald, where are your taxes?

Taxes
Donald, where are your taxes?

Are you nuts? With all the corruption about Hillary, her surrogates, her Foundation, the email scandals, and now the opening up again on criminal investigation into her email scandal - you want to know about Donald's taxes? Where is your sense of priorities? Never mind - I don't want to further delay that last drink of the Democrat amnesia juice that you have been consuming!

Look at this conversation I came across on Facebook when a friend of mine commented on it. It happened some months ago but I just recalled it and thought I'd share after reading this. This woman is brainwashing her 6 year old child. I'm horrified. Does she and others like her actually believe this sh*t coming out of her mouth. Does she believe that the likes of Michael brown were innocent. I want this lady to be put in a situation were she thinks her life is in danger and has to make a split decision on what to do. Yes innocent people die but mostly for the reason that they didn't listen to the police. Most police shootings are justified, some are accidents but rarely and I mean very rarely does a police officer kill someone on purpose. Did she tell her child that police kill more white people? Did she tell her child that there are gangs of roving black teens walking around the country carrying illegal guns shooting each other and innocent people also, which is the reason why cops profile them more, especially if they fit the description. Did she tell her child that most murdered black people are murdered by other blacks? Has she ever even been in a courtroom to see that they bring in black armed robbery suspects and other felons and judges release them all the time creating a revolving door through which they just keep going through. Never getting real time in jail? Did she tell her child that blacks have every chance that white people have in this country and that is evident as we have black police officers, black lawyers, black judges, black teachers, black President, black entertainers, black military generals, black athletes, black everything? That there are fewer blacks in these jobs because they make up a small percentage of the population that whites do. Did she tell her there are lots of "black only" organizations to help them succeed, such as the naacp? Did she tell her child that black people in the inner cities have a more difficult time because the majority have no married parents and have siblings from different mothers/fathers and no real stable family life. Not enough parental supervision. Parents who never should've had children therefor their own parents have given them a disadvantage in life, not white people? Did she tell her child that there are many blacks who have overcome this situation and have been successful if they wanted to. did she tell her child that most of the these neighborhoods have been run by democrats who have done nothing to change them in over 50 years? The comments under her conversation praising her were sickening. What is wrong with people?

Child asked me today, “Why do we have that Black Lives Matter sign?” Conversations about race are hard, complicated and imperfect. As imperfect as it is here is the conversation that followed:
Me: “It is confusing and complicated and can be hard to understand but, in our country black people and white people are treated differently especially by police. Black people get stopped by police more often than white people and are treated more harshly. Life in America is different, easier, for white people than it is for black people.”
Child why?”
Me: “Remember when we were at Monticello we went on the salve tour and learned about the slaves that lived there?”
Child Yes”
Me: “At that time in history black people were brought to this country as slaves and were treated very badly. The government created rules and laws even after slavery was over to make sure black people were not equal and there are still rules and laws that exist today that keep black people as unequal.”
child “That’s not fair.”
Me: “I know! Right now black lives don’t matter as much in this country as white lives. Of course we believe that all lives matter and all lives are important but that is not true for black people in this country so we have to say ‘black lives matter’ to help people understand that things are still not equal or fair for black people.”
child : “How are they not fair now?”
Me: “In our country there are more white people than black people but our prisons have more black people than white people. When black people and white people commit the same crime black people go to prison more often and for longer than white people.”
Child So if a black person and a white person make the same mistake the white person will go to jail for one year and the black person will go to jail for two years?’
Me: “actually sometimes the white person won’t go to prison at all and the black person will go to prison for 20 years!”
child : (With huge eyes and a surprised expression) “That’s weird! That’s not right!”
Then she ran off to play…

I couldn’t get into police shootings with my six year old but the prison statistics alone should be enough for anyone to join this movement!! I don’t think it is necessary to read Michelle Alexander’s “The New Jim Crow” (though everyone should) to understand and agree that something has got to change!!! #Blacklivesmatter

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloom/why-the-new-child-rape-ca_b_10619944.html

I wouldn't let my daughter near this guy. What a sicko.

Free Speech!
Stop
"He doesn't have the blood of six of our military on his hands."

Not yet he doesn't. He will. And a whole lot more. It's no wonder the entire world hates us.

Excuse me but we have a President who the WORLD hates! He is a weak feckless leader who Bashar and Putin have figured out - all talk - no action!

He will go down as one of the worst president not till his term is over. The next stupid thing he will do is pardon Hillary when she is president. I would rather see Pence as president than Kane.

1 2