Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Water Bill

The water bill is outrageous.
My office coworkers who live in other towns pay half what I do. Some have more kids.

Re: Water Bill

Why, you ask? Because you and so many other Melrosians have had your collective heads in the sand and have failed to step up and speak up when this issue has come before the aldermen numerous times of late. Read all the postings, go listen to the Vimeo's of the BOA meetings where Gerry Mroz and Phil Taymor have spoken so eloquently on behalf of citizens, and educate yourself. The mayor and his cronies have gotten away with insanity when it comes to Water and Sewer Rates, and that's because you and others like you have allowed it by virtue of your lack of engagement.

Why?
The water bill is outrageous.
My office coworkers who live in other towns pay half what I do. Some have more kids.

Wrong question!Where the heck have you been? We have all let the BOA get away with their crazy water rate scheme - certainly Alderwoman Medeiros can not do it all by herself - she needed help and didn't get it from the public - so stop complaining!

Look in the mirror and you will find the person responsible for your higher rates!

Melrose Ostriches
The mayor and his cronies have gotten away with insanity when it comes to Water and Sewer Rates, and that's because you and others like you have allowed it by virtue of your lack of engagement.

It's more than simply a lack of engagement, although that is a major part of the problem. It's downright stupidity to allow oneself to be victimized like that, and there are some really stupid people living here. Is that a little harsh? Perhaps, but it's still true. "Stupid is as stupid does." You need proof? Take a look at those on the B of A and SC we've elected to represent us - the scientist, the felon, the bobblehead, she who hears angels, and the GIC takers, just to name a few.