Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Candidates Announcing !

Press releases in today's Free Press announcing 2 new women candidates for BOA at Large! Zwirko and Margolis better start writing their concession speeches. I also heard from a friend who lives in Ward 5 that a group of her neighbors are urging a resident in their area to challenge Gail. Maybe the tide is turning.....

Re: Candidates Announcing !

No way.

Frank Wright MIA again. He misses more meetings than he attends. Major budget and water issues on the table tonight. Hopefully, the woman from Lynn Fells Parkway who pulled papers will defeat him. She should look at his attendance % and votes missed. If Julie DeLillo runs for Ward 3 instead of the at large seat, this election could be really interesting.

Hope Federico is not running again. I saw him and his wife parked in a HC spot today. The car was parked near the YMCA. Neither looked like they had a disability.

Can someone fill me in on if there are any independents or republicans running for Alderman at large, besides Medeiros. The Democratic Party is a corrupt from the top down. I can't in good conscience vote for any of them. Tired of screwball liberals.

Candy Man
Can someone fill me in on if there are any independents or republicans running for Alderman at large, besides Medeiros. The Democratic Party is a corrupt from the top down. I can't in good conscience vote for any of them. Tired of screwball liberals.

Are you kidding? This is a city that voted overwhelming for Hillary! Whenever I meet an independent or Republican in Melrose, I hug them and tell them to keep their spirits up!

Federico
Hope Federico is not running again. I saw him and his wife parked in a HC spot today. The car was parked near the YMCA. Neither looked like they had a disability.
He is not a candidate maybe his wife Diane. I saw her at the middle school this week with past president Marie. I was told she is seeking papers to run for SC and had a meeting with CT.

No diane got into a car accident and could of been in a HC spot. She had to replace a union member.

Obama and Hillary just murdered another American! He was just let home by President Trump and he got to hear family, friends be loved and passed away. Parents are refusing to do a autopsy on their son. Can you blame them they know how he died and that the coward Obama makes the family stay quiet until it were too late.

Could the administration and teachers be taught the president of the United States is no longer Obama. MPS insist on referring to the past president in the schools and never talk about Trump.

The MTA could not even help union members when the override and Hillary vote were being done.

"For one true measure of a nation is its success in fulfilling the promise of a better life for each of its members. Let this be the measure of our nation."[Owned]

Sore Losers

nation
"For one true measure of a nation is its success in fulfilling the promise of a better life for each of its members. Let this be the measure of our nation."[Owned]

Hate to tell you, nobody and I mean NOBODY should be promising a better life for each and every person. Each and every one must want to make their own lives better. Remember what JFK said: "Ask not what your country can do for you...".

Archie
nation

Hate to tell you, nobody and I mean NOBODY should be promising a better life for each and every person. Each and every one must want to make their own lives better. Remember what JFK said: "Ask not what your country can do for you...".

"But what you can do for your country." That would mean for Ms. Paymore to leave gracefully and take her crew with her.

Candidates Announcing !
Press releases in today's Free Press announcing 2 new women candidates for BOA at Large! Zwirko and Margolis better start writing their concession speeches. I also heard from a friend who lives in Ward 5 that a group of her neighbors are urging a resident in their area to challenge Gail. Maybe the tide is turning.....

If Manisha and Kate are fans of Margaret Driscoll or Super Paymore, they will not get my vote. Interested to see more about their policy stands. Also, wonder about announced SC candidates. If they are another group of MPS apologists and MPS deniers and protectors, they will not get my vote. The lady who led the Override campaign certainly will not get my support because of her nasty behavior and misleading ways. Feeling very disillusioned about Melrose politics and even worse about the state of the nation! I wish I could send my kids to secondary schools outside Melrose.

Some hope is starting to grow. Do you think they can fixes the MVMMS sign that is spelled wrong on the school?

Policy Stands
Candidates Announcing !

If Manisha and Kate are fans of Margaret Driscoll or Super Paymore, they will not get my vote. Interested to see more about their policy stands. Also, wonder about announced SC candidates. If they are another group of MPS apologists and MPS deniers and protectors, they will not get my vote. The lady who led the Override campaign certainly will not get my support because of her nasty behavior and misleading ways. Feeling very disillusioned about Melrose politics and even worse about the state of the nation! I wish I could send my kids to secondary schools outside Melrose.

A neighbor who is an Attorney and Ward 5 resident is being urged to oppose GI. He wasn't happy with the schools and now sends his kids to private high school....or his wife may run instead.

Hope the president for the paras union is not running for office she is a attorney as well.

When are Manisha's twins due?
A mother of 3 can't possibly handle the BOA duties with 2 infants and a pre-school son

No way will she be able to run for office. Maybe five years from now.[o:)]

Manisha
When are Manisha's twins due?
A mother of 3 can't possibly handle the BOA duties with 2 infants and a pre-school son

Would you even be asking that question about a guy running who had twins on the way? Also- man or woman, they can have small kids and do that job. You are overestimating the amount of time that goes into it.

All that stuff about kids is a non-issue for me, because she's already got her nose up Dolan's butt, so I won't vote for her. Haven't we had enough of that? Think water and sewer. Think schools. Think override and "pots of money".

The Web site up and running thank you .

Just go out and vote.That;s all.

The president of the paras union is an attorney? Tell me more.

I will run if the Free Press will start writing the truth in this city.

What a shame. You might have been a good candidate.

The Saugus mall is going under huh?

The hospital is buying the entire block of Carusos. They're going to tear it all down and build a five-story treatment center for addicts.

And the closed nursing home is going to be a strip cub.

Fake Breaking News!
The hospital is buying the entire block of Carusos. They're going to tear it all down and build a five-story treatment center for addicts.
It's all too sad it will take that to keep some Melrose youth living, and in Melrose.

Re: Hospital's Property Acquisition

More property taken off the tax rolls by the largest tax-exempt entity in Melrose. For which they pay zero dollars in kind for city services ...police, fire, etc.

Most of you people still don't get it. This is Melrose, where the average voter has the attention span of a garden slug. Doughboy will endorse Jen McNasty, and she will win election. Only a few will even remember she was one of the driving forces behind that stupid override debacle. Then she will have her hand in the cookie jar, and the MEF mommies will be calling the shots, with Doughboy backing them at every turn. Talk about the fox guarding the chicken coop! You idiots deserve exactly what you're getting.

Maybe I missed it, but what's the feeling about KL-B for Alderman/woman? Her background looks good.

KL-G that is

Who's KLG?

Ya, Bruce you missed it