Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sanctuary City

Does anyone remember who the Aldermen were who voted to declare Melrose a Sanctuary City..even though it was
later tabled ?

Re: Sanctuary City

Quiz Master
Does anyone remember who the Aldermen were who voted to declare Melrose a Sanctuary City..even though it was
later tabled ?

I believe that Fran Wright spoke in favor of it and there were several others - can't recall. You can go back to MMTV from that March 20th video of it and see who they were.

In checking, according to the Free Press, 3/21 = Medeiros, Forbes, Infurna and Zwirko opposed the petition. Wright and Lemmerman opposed placing on file.

What about Margolis, Boiselle, Conn, Tramnotozzi and Peter M.? Placing Santuary city on file showed no guts. Not voting shows no guts. Melrose is a bunch of phony baloney politicians and a bunch of so called liberals who do not live "One Community Open to All". Wait until all the nasty political shots are taken against the new mothers and pregnant females wanting to run the City. Who will stand up for them? The upcoming local election will be nasty and show the worst of this City. I don't envy anyone challenging the status quo. The newbie dems (especially women) better not try and change much. Just bow to the party "leaders" and go along to get along.

When it came time for Margolis to vote, it was obvious it would fail. She then made the motion to table and which was approved with no further voting.
After what happened in Manchester England, which is a Sanctuary City, one wonders what the vote would be like today ?

Political Season
What about Margolis, Boiselle, Conn, Tramnotozzi and Peter M.? Placing Santuary city on file showed no guts. Not voting shows no guts. Melrose is a bunch of phony baloney politicians and a bunch of so called liberals who do not live "One Community Open to All". Wait until all the nasty political shots are taken against the new mothers and pregnant females wanting to run the City. Who will stand up for them? The upcoming local election will be nasty and show the worst of this City. I don't envy anyone challenging the status quo. The newbie dems (especially women) better not try and change much. Just bow to the party "leaders" and go along to get along.

I just watched the Memorial Day parade, and seeing the politicians bringing up the rear, all I could think of was the old WBCN promo: morons, psychopaths and mental defectives.

I couldn't help but notice Dolan and Zwirko upfront, practically holding hands, with the rest of the alderman entourage trailing behind. Whats up with that?

Morty bringing up the rear was apropos!

Real Facts Redux
Morty bringing up the rear was apropos!

There is a method to his being last - he gets to pick up the crumbs left by others in the parade!

Zwirko has been seen being chummy with Dolan quite often recently. Morty must be a little bit jealous. I do not like politicians who cozy up to the self-appointed king. They become more interested in pleasing the master and not their constituents.

Dolan bought MZ with a job for Erin. Dolan is afraid of women politicians. DOlan and Zwirko need each other. The year of women running for office includes Melrose. There are only 4 At Large seats. Monica will win (DC, too) which leaves 2 seats. Margolis and Zwirko will lose. Bewtra and Garabedian will win. The wildcard will be Julie DeLillo, if she decides to run.

Mel
Zwirko has been seen being chummy with Dolan quite often recently. Morty must be a little bit jealous. I do not like politicians who cozy up to the self-appointed king. They become more interested in pleasing the master and not their constituents.

Manisha Bewtra is the one who is cozying up to Dolan and playing the "insiders game".
Let's see if there is anything behind her rhetoric.

Medeiros, Conn, DeLillo, Garabedian

My Say

Agree, DeLillo will win, if she decides to run.

We had to listen to him for 8 years so whats different.

Run Julie Run
My Say

Agree, DeLillo will win, if she decides to run.

Run Julie Run

For all those liberal and progressive Democrats who believe that sanctuary cities help protect citizens - below is another example of your corrupt and mis-guided thinking! There are countless examples of these happening across the nation on a weekly basis!

http://www.kgw.com/news/woman-65-in-ne-portland-reports-sex-assault-break-in-and-car-burglary/459231264

MHRC Manisha running for BOA spoke at the Sanctuary hearing. Don't vote for Manisha!

Political Season

Manisha, listen....

The vast majority who support sanctuary cities and demonstrate are women. It is an issue that brings out their
compassion for the protection of families and the children. The physical safety of their families and illegal aliens law enforcement are a larger larger priority for males.

The Town Crier
The vast majority who support sanctuary cities and demonstrate are women. It is an issue that brings out their
compassion for the protection of families and the children. The physical safety of their families and illegal aliens law enforcement are a larger larger priority for males.

Don't women realize that sanctuary cities PROTECT criminals - just as the example cited by a poster above - there are hundreds of these examples to show women! A woman was raped by that illegal alien who was sheltered by a sanctuary city government! Either women are just plain ignorant about the facts or they are typical delusional Democrats - that's the honest truth.

If you indeed think that it's just one party that's delusional, then you've stopped (with good reason, I admit) reading/listening to the news!

Bruce
If you indeed think that it's just one party that's delusional, then you've stopped (with good reason, I admit) reading/listening to the news!

Bruce - smarten up! I am discussing sanctuary city issues - act intelligent for a change. Every sanctuary city is run by a Democrat mayor or legislature. Read the friggin newspapers - the Democrats are all in favor of sanctuary cities!

Have you already applied for the job as the next Press Secretary?

Bruce
Have you already applied for the job as the next Press Secretary?

No thanks - don't have the patience to deal with all those idiot liberal reporters who have an agenda to destroy our President! They couldn't car less about this country - more about their egos. The main stream press is pathetic!

What party does Governor Jim Justice belong too?

haha
What party does Governor Jim Justice belong too?

Haha...please stop smoking weed...we know its legal but it also affects your mental capacity - what little exists!

Good riddance to him!

Is there a sanctuary city for people who want to hide from liberalism?

San Chu Erry
Is there a sanctuary city for people who want to hide from liberalism?

Sorry - but none in Massachusetts! Chief Warren and Do Nothing Markey got rid of the few we had. By the way, is Sen. Markey a real person?

City of Melrose is putting in for a grant with the federal goverment that will train Melrose police to be surrogate ICE officers...allowing Melrose to detain illegal immigrants until ICE comes to pick them up. The Feds are providing grant money for an ICE Detention space within a police department which will help Melrose pay for the new police station.

Although that sounds interesting, we shouldn't need to have help in building a new police station. That would be one of the VERY few things for which I would vote yes on an override, but with the caveat that a completely independent overseer make sure that every penny of the additional money went to that project.

Hot off the presses
City of Melrose is putting in for a grant with the federal goverment that will train Melrose police to be surrogate ICE officers...allowing Melrose to detain illegal immigrants until ICE comes to pick them up. The Feds are providing grant money for an ICE Detention space within ahow manypolice department which will help Melrose pay for the new police station.

This sounds like a phony story given that illegal immigrants in Melrose is NOT a big issue.They have to build a separate cell for one person who might be held there each year? Be real!

Phony Story
Hot off the presses
City of Melrose is putting in for a grant with the federal goverment that will train Melrose police to be surrogate ICE officers...allowing Melrose to detain illegal immigrants until ICE comes to pick them up. The Feds are providing grant money for an ICE Detention space within ahow manypolice department which will help Melrose pay for the new police station.

This sounds like a phony story given that illegal immigrants in Melrose is NOT a big issue.They have to build a separate cell for one person who might be held there each year? Be real!

I agree - this is a phony story - we have a liberal Democrat who is Mayor and who is stupid enough to believe that he will cooperate with ICE - if he did, as he should - he would be laughed out of Melrose by the left wing of the party!

Get Real
Phony Story
Hot off the presses

I agree - this is a phony story - we have a liberal Democrat who is Mayor and who is stupid enough to believe that he will cooperate with ICE - if he did, as he should - he would be laughed out of Melrose by the left wing of the party!

I don't think RD is a "liberal" democrat. He might be a Dem, but he is playing multiple sides. If Melrose were largely Republican, he'd be a moderate conservative.

Whatever gets him votes. When will someone run against him?