Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Plastic Bag Committee

Out to lunch .Nothing knew.

End Plastic and I'll take my business elsewhere. I'll also stop picking up after my dogs.[Dog3][Dog2][Dog]

I'll vote for getting rid of plastic shopping bags when everyone votes against using plastic! Guess that won't happen!

No doubt the committee are mostly women with time on their hands. No guy would give a rats' a... over such a thing.
Some other women should start a "Save the Forest" committee promoting plastic bags.

The women fighting against plastic bags are the same women who used disposable diapers on their babies.

Boston Globe - 9/20/17

"Region Losing 65 Acres of Forests a Day, Report Says"

New England’s forests made a comeback over the past century, after colonial settlers cleared most of them for agriculture.

But now the region’s forests are again in retreat, as suburban sprawl and other development consumes about 65 acres a day of woodlands from Connecticut to Maine, a new report has found.

(Let's eliminate plastic bags and clear the forests again, you idiots !)

Plastic bags are way below the amount of trash produced in Melrose compared to the garbage produced by Melrose Messages. This site is like stuttering Bill the retard on ground hog day. MMMMellrrrose sssttinksss. DDDDolannn mmmmmust gggggooo. Vvvviiiolatitiion off oooooppenn mmmmmeeetttinng LLLaaaawsss. Go away please.

The sad thing is 99% is true.

Keep the bags, lose the message board
Plastic bags are way below the amount of trash produced in Melrose compared to the garbage produced by Melrose Messages. This site is like stuttering Bill the retard on ground hog day. MMMMellrrrose sssttinksss. DDDDolannn mmmmmust gggggooo. Vvvviiiolatitiion off oooooppenn mmmmmeeetttinng LLLaaaawsss. Go away please.

Why you on this garbage site?

The Graduate
End Plastic and I'll take my business elsewhere. I'll also stop picking up after my dogs.[Dog3][Dog2][Dog]

The city would like too see a bag over Dolan and Taymore's head for how Melrose is falling apart. [Garbage]

Hypocrites Unite
The women fighting against plastic bags are the same women who used disposable diapers on their babies.
and send their kids to school with bottled water and plastic juice pouches and drive them there using gas guzzling SUVs.[:-?]

Irony
Hypocrites Unite
and send their kids to school with bottled water and plastic juice pouches and drive them there using gas guzzling SUVs.[:-?]

You're correct, and the reason I have a major problem with this plastic bag issue is because the stores using these bags could easily remedy the situation. Unfortunately, the people behind this would rather inconvenience an entire town in order to push through their agenda. Worst of all, the ridiculous BOA will simply agree instead of asking tough questions and voting appropriately.

It is not the stores that need to remedy the situation. If you are against plastic bags, then don't use them. That is all.
Preventing others from using them is more of the "know better" attitude that I see more of every year in Melrose.
If customers didn't want plastic bags then it wouldn't matter if stores offered them.