Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MORE's Mission ?

Less is More
How did you hear about this group? Is it one of those groups where the name isn't really what it's about? What is Real Equality if they work in secret?

You must of forgot Mayor Dolan pay's this group a good salary.

MORE ?
The new group MORE: Melrose Organizes for Real Equality apparently is not "open to all". I tried to access their Facebook page now and it is a closed group. You have to be approved to view it or participate. A neighbor told us that some guy named "Sam" asked if they could post on the MORE page on behalf of the official Melrose Democratic City Committee. He was pushing a brunch and canvassing event for a candidate running for Alderman which is happening today. Is MORE a formal part of the Melrose Democratic City Committee? Are other Democratic candidates canvassing schedules being promoted by MORE? Are Unenrolled or Republican folks running for office allowed to promote themselves? Is this organization which says they promote equality and inclusion only for certain candidates or politicians? We just moved to Melrose this summer and registered to vote as Democrats. I find it interesting and somewhat concerning that MORE would push for a particular candidate, would have a closed Facebook group and require approval in order to access information about them. This Sam (guy from the Democratic Committee) pushing for the Bewtra candidate made a mistake.

Samantha Hammar is the President of the City Democrats. She is also the Chair of the Melrose Women's Commission and hosted the brunch and canvassing party last weekend for Manisha Bewtra. The Dems, MORE and Women's Commission are all pushing for Bewtra. She is the darling of the Mayor and City Hall. The new head of the Farmers Market is bending the rules by allowing Manisha to pose as a "business vendor" on 10-12... I wonder what the other 30 somethings running for school committe think....Zwirko and Garabedian should watch their backs.

"[/quote] Samantha Hammar is the President of the City Democrats. She is also the Chair of the Melrose Women's Commission and hosted the brunch and canvassing party last weekend for Manisha Bewtra. The Dems, MORE and Women's Commission are all pushing for Bewtra. She is the darling of the Mayor and City Hall. The new head of the Farmers Market is bending the rules by allowing Manisha to pose as a "business vendor" on 10-12. I wonder what the other newbie somethings running for school committee think. Zwirko and Garabedian should watch their backs. [/quote]"

Sam and Manisha are cut out of the same mold. They are pushy and users for their own agendas.

Pushy Self-Promotion
"
Samantha Hammar is the President of the City Democrats. She is also the Chair of the Melrose Women's Commission and hosted the brunch and canvassing party last weekend for Manisha Bewtra. The Dems, MORE and Women's Commission are all pushing for Bewtra. She is the darling of the Mayor and City Hall. The new head of the Farmers Market is bending the rules by allowing Manisha to pose as a "business vendor" on 10-12. I wonder what the other newbie somethings running for school committee think. Zwirko and Garabedian should watch their backs. [/quote]"

Sam and Manisha are cut out of the same mold. They are pushy and users for their own agendas.[/quote]
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I am an active member of the Melrose Republican City Committee and also a member of MORE's FB group. (Know thy enemy, right?)

MORE is a left/liberal organization. They are holding a Alderman At Large Forum on Wednesday night at the Trinity UU church. Probably won't see Mark or Monica there. If you want to cause a ruckus, show up there.

They are not holding a SC forum.

The purpose of the "BOA At Large Forum" on Wednesday night is to get Manisha Bewtra elected. If I were Zwirko or Garabedian I would be unhappy.