Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Change Name to Board of Fools

City had to hire so many and put a percentage of residents in Melrose. CT has the most law suits of any superintendent in this city. Now,the SC gives her over 1 and under 5 more years. It is too be a secret.[Shhh]

Sorry to say it's the taxpayers, residents and parents to allow these actions to revolve around this once lovely city. Other districts would demand some action, like the school committee having guts to fire the superintendent. The housing market is at a stand and many student have been taken out of the MPS. Look at the bus stops for the Charter Schools increasing students. Even St. Mary's enrollment has gone up also.

Charter Changes
Watching the Aldermen's Meeting discussing charter changes. Change the name to Board of Fools. And change the city name to City of Fools, also. That will bring the names in line with reality.
As in, "I'm watching the Board of Fools meeting," or "She's running for the Board of Fools," or "The Board of Fools was marching directly in front of me in the parade."

"Residents" post is priceless. The housing market is at a stand? Really? could have fooled me. Enrollment across the board has gone up at every level and every school option in Melrose...because young families can't move in fast enough. Melrose is doing just fine, and is still a lovely City. However the nice thing is that the complainers will get their wish this November. There will be 3 new school committee members, and a healthy field of Alderman at Large candidates, and some competition in 1 of the wards. Should be an interesting election season.

Looking for more land for my money and the schools came in close to 70.

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason." Mark Twain

Liz 857-544-4923 and Christine 781-662-2347

The cats out of the bag CT, got 3 more years.