Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More fake news from Melrose Free Press again

The superintendents secretary was in the middle of the SC holding signs in downtown Melrose today.

It's not publicity. It's propaganda. I suggest you educate yourself on the difference.

When I drove by City Hall this morning, the candidates doing visibility were Zwirko, Navarro and McAndrews. I had planned to vote for all 3 until I just read that Paymore Taymore's administrative assistant was there. I was sick to my stomach when I watched the SC MMTV session when Taymore's contract was extended. 3 SC incumbents aren't even running again. DeSelm was nauseating and the Felon doesn't even deserve commentary. The schools are a mess! Local politicians mirror the Republicans in Congress. No guts and no morals!

Agree with "?" generally, but how could someone who knows so much (like about the nauseating and disgusting SC members) even consider voting for "Zwirko, Navarro and McAndrews" (note: McAndrew aka Pitbull who tried to shove her--and Robbie's--spectacularly failed Override down our collective throats)????

Z, N, and McMEF are all Robbie sycophants, as unfortunately are most of those running for BOA and SC. Even Kate is on the Robbie/Taymore/Driscoll/MEF bandwagon (as a MEF board member and Paymore subcommittee member).

Melrose is so incredibly backwards. Nearly the entire lineup of candidates are the go-along-to-get-along creeps. Melrose might as well be the US Congress and mini-Donald aka Robbie, with the Melrose fake Dems right on board with mini-Donnie's backwards undemocratic, utterly repressive, and totally triangulated mode. Is this really the best that Melrose can produce for candidates? So sickening and disappointing.

Sickened
Agree with "?" generally, but how could someone who knows so much (like about the nauseating and disgusting SC members) even consider voting for "Zwirko, Navarro and McAndrews" (note: McAndrew aka Pitbull who tried to shove her--and Robbie's--spectacularly failed Override down our collective throats)????

Z, N, and McMEF are all Robbie sycophants, as unfortunately are most of those running for BOA and SC. Even Kate is on the Robbie/Taymore/Driscoll/MEF bandwagon (as a MEF board member and Paymore subcommittee member).

Melrose is so incredibly backwards. Nearly the entire lineup of candidates are the go-along-to-get-along creeps. Melrose might as well be the US Congress and mini-Donald aka Robbie, with the Melrose fake Dems right on board with mini-Donnie's backwards undemocratic, utterly repressive, and totally triangulated mode. Is this really the best that Melrose can produce for candidates? So sickening and disappointing.

Who the heck would want to be on these Boards and Committees and deal with those idiots - they would have you outvoted and useless. Just look at how frustrated Carrie Kourkoumelis got at the end of her stay on the school committee. It will be a slow progress back to reasonable leadership on all these city Boards & Committees.

I am voting for Don, Monica and Kate for BOA at Large. I will not vote for Manisha because of what I have seen during the campaign and would never vote for Mark Askenasay whose Facebook likes include Breitbart News. So, the 4th vote could be given to Zwirko and I have considered it (he is the lesser of the poor choices left and 4 people will be seated). As far as the SC goes, I can't vote for a 19 year old and will not vote for the slick Everett Public Schools guy who is a friend of the other Everett connected officials who run the City of Melrose. The 3 open seats would then leave 3 candidates. So, I would have to consider Jen, Peter and Andrea. Jen would be a problem for the controlling Margaret Driscoll which might be worth a vote. I don't know much about Peter or Andrea. I will consider them but might not vote at all. We are glad that our 2 kids are in college and out of the MPS. Melrose will not be able to bond everything and increase our taxes. The City and schools will suffer budget problems because everyone will be scrambling to pay health insurance bills ( unlike the Margolis, Mortimer and Tramontozzi families) thanks to the evil Trump's executive orders wrecking the healthcare system and our economy.

Am voting for Monica, Don, and Gerry Mroz for all slots (BOA & SC) where the newcomers and incumbents alike are offensive, including Alderman-at-Large and Mr. Mroz' ward in which Windbag Gail is running unopposed again. If enough of us do this, Mr. M might just find himself elected to one of those slots, in any of which he would be a sure-fire winner, representing the greater good and without owing anyone political favors. It's my family's Anti-Patronage Vote(s)!

Cannot vote for any of the other BOA or SC candidates, all of whom are truly in the bag and will not work for us, but rather Dolan's agenda, which is just not acceptable, fiscally rational, or ethically condonable.

Can you tell me some real news in Melrose? Margaret Driscoll, Cindy Taymore and Mayor Dolan all want the paras to go with the teachers union. The reason is if you have not figured it out is to get rid of you.[CrystalBall]

As a famous community leader once said "if you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor"[:-?]