Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Elections

I STILL want to know who the co-conspirators were in the cemetery scam, but am not holding my breath that it's continuing to be investigated.

"Trust" nails it. Thank you!

This president knows his stuff even though he is wacky. More Dems crossed the line and voted for Trump. Like him or not he is trying to make America Great Again. He has done more than any other president in such a short time. [8-)]

The scary thing is that it's possible you really believe that!

Government Faith
There's no faith in government. The election of Trump centered around a "throw the bums out""attitude. Trump has destroyed the USA in the eyes of the world, divided people more than ever and has no moral center. The Democrats also sold their souls. Democratic elected officials watched out for themselves first and played the political game only slightly better than the Republicans. The local lessons Melrosians who are on the ballot should take away is that people are fed up, have no faith in government, cannot afford more taxes, are tired of politicians who lie, are afraid for their children's subpar education in the MPS and are astonished that some seats weren't even challenged. There will be some new people elected, some incumbants will lose and we are still stuck with Tramontozzi and Infurna. Because I have no faith, I will not bother to vote for the first time in my life.

It won't matter if you vote or not...Melrose Politicians operate the way Republican Congressional members act...no guts...never question....I regret my votes for Zwirko, DeSelm, Dugan and Lemmerman.....all became sycophants after elected and go along to get along. Will vote for Monica because of her leadership on the Water and Sewer bill issue but that's it.....I don't care who else wins or loses because it won't make a difference.....

So the candidates running for office to not seem to care that no political signs should be displayed on lawns . Political signs ,private school open house signs,no hate signs, speed limit signs, no text signs , contractor signs . Very distracting !

Oh for pete's sake, grow up! If signs are so "distracting," then you have much bigger problems. Maybe you should demand the absence of signs, or of a Free Press, or of any political process at all. Trump and Dolan (and Bannon and Karl Rove and all the other sick madmen behind the curtains) would love that. A democracy is predicated on the free flow of ideas, which clearly people like you find troubling. Just go along with our marvelous elected and paid officials and get some extra strong blinders to block out anything you don't want to see.

"It won't matter if you vote or not...Melrose Politicians operate the way Republican Congressional members act...no guts...never question....I regret my votes for Zwirko, DeSelm, Dugan and Lemmerman.....all became sycophants after elected and go along to get along. Will vote for Monica because of her leadership on the Water and Sewer bill issue but that's it.....I don't care who else wins or loses because it won't make a difference....."

Says it. There is no one other than Monica in the current lineup across both boards who is worth a vote. Even Don has been a perpetual limp noodle, always going with the flow, even though he brandishes his tough talk. Monica, like Mrs. K, takes her knocks like a mature adult and one who keeps fighting across all aisles for what's best for the community she represents regardless of the collective stupidity and arrogance she faces daily in this dumb town. The rest of them have their finger up testing the breeze, always. (Julie, not so much, but her rabid right-wing BS makes her too much of a liability to warrant my vote or trust.)

Anyone who votes for any of the SC candidates should have their heads examined. Really Jen? Is this town so dumb that it will vote in the nutjob who tried to shove a deceitful override down our throats (but fortunately was soundly defeated)? Does this city really need the Everett administrator perspective for our already disgraced school system (run into the ground by a mayor who's father was asst super in Everett, a notably lousy system for as long as anyone can remember? Or how about a know-nothing kid who's never shown up for a meeting or spoken articulately about anything?

Write in decent citizens, whether they're running or not. And next time, get off your butts and put forward some actually credible candidates!

What?
You may be right. The prior poster might be a whacko. He also may be a miserable effing pr1ck.

What he's not, however, is wrong.
President Obama would be golfing at the vineyard at very critical times in the United States.