Melrose Cares: Open Community Dialogue

Click here to report offensive or inappropriate posts.

Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dems and City Elections

A Democrat also (well, independent actually), and I agree with you. It’s a shame.

I feel sorry for both of you.

But it doesn't bother you that Alice Shattuck, bff of Medeiros and DeLillo and Hashem, is so desperate that she is slinging mud on the eve of the election? Her attempts to smear on behalf of Nancy Lewis who won't admit she is republican or tell anyone where she stands on local issues does not bother you? Alice Shattuck is the leader of the local Republican Party committee. They are the ones who had Lewis and that kaunelus file their papers at the last minute. These people are basically bodies who will do what Alice and her bffs want. DeLillo and Hashem are true believers of all that is crazy right wing. Telling how you got nothing specific.

Shattuck is revealing the findings of the state election commission, which includes findings of violation and a $300 fine. It's predictable that the same Melrose residents who object to the revelations of this kind of illegal activity also could not have cared less about federal civil rights violations against children (despite their faux claims that they are Democrats). These are the same faux Dems who never supported CKK or JDLaRock appropriately--like when it actually mattered! These are the same faux Dems who rise up to support the likes of double-dippers (MGMM) or outright frauds like PM. These are the same fake Dems who still kiss the you-know-what of an utterly corrupt RD, even when he is outrageously breaking laws. Alice S is doing the right thing, and those who are trying to bully and shame her are an actual disgrace. (Can't stand AS' horrible, race-baiting, hate-mongering husband, but AS is not that kind of person and deserves to be seen as her own person. Also can't stand the Repub party and all it stands for.) On this count Alice is spot on.

voter
Shattuck is revealing the findings of the state election commission, which includes findings of violation and a $300 fine. It's predictable that the same Melrose residents who object to the revelations of this kind of illegal activity also could not have cared less about federal civil rights violations against children (despite their faux claims that they are Democrats). These are the same faux Dems who never supported CKK or JDLaRock appropriately--like when it actually mattered! These are the same faux Dems who rise up to support the likes of double-dippers (MGMM) or outright frauds like PM. These are the same fake Dems who still kiss the you-know-what of an utterly corrupt RD, even when he is outrageously breaking laws. Alice S is doing the right thing, and those who are trying to bully and shame her are an actual disgrace. (Can't stand AS' horrible, race-baiting, hate-mongering husband, but AS is not that kind of person and deserves to be seen as her own person. Also can't stand the Repub party and all it stands for.) On this count Alice is spot on.

You are assuming way too much. People who believe in civil rights for all and were horrified about the civil rights violation, and supported and spoke up for CKK and JDLaRock are voting for incumbants because they are the lesser evil. The republicans who are running are mostly crazy and worse, and still support Trump and his views. The republican candidates won't even admit to being republican and refuse to give answers about where they stand on the issues. You don't see much here about Don Conn, an old school republican who still believes in climate change and preserving the environment. The problem is the that the republicans who are running as well as Medeiros are the ones still clinging to those crazy theories like climate change is not real and that everyone who isn't white is evil. When deciding who to vote for, I am choosing the lesser evil. As for AS, you're right about her husband. But she is married to the guy and presumably supports his views. Just because she sounds better and is nicer does not give her a pass. One of the comments on here was out of line BUT when she is the one posting drivel refused by the local papers and pushing lies and name calling albeit through others or anonymously, she has to put on her adult pants and deal with it. Every liberal is a snowflake until republicans get called out on the substance. Then they immediately resort to playing the victim. Sound familiar?

Not the Melrose Democratic Committee
I'm a Democrat. It hurts our party that the Democratic City Committee is endorsing candidates simply because they're registered Democrats. Many of those candidates want to keep in force the existing power structure despite that it's aligned against traditional democratic principles. Others want to carve a notch in their belt as they aspire to higher political office to satisfy their egos. Few of them care to take a stand to make Melrose better. Instead, they jump on the politically correct bandwagon. They rely on the vote of the large number of uninformed Democrats who think they must be good candidates because they are fellow Dems and "care about the schools" or would have voted for city councilors or sanctuary city. Melrose is about to bury its head in the sand for another two years.

Sam Hammar is The Chair of the Melrose Democrats and the Chair of The Melrose Commission on Women. I was surprised to hear that she heads both groups. A City Commission should not promote candidates of one political party over another party particularly at election time in such a divided society. Campaigning shouldn't be allowed by City Commissoners. The League of Women Voters prohibit their officers from being formally involved in campaigns. Sam Hammar's visibility in the campaigns of Manisha Bewtra and Jen Mc Andrews violates political principals and shows poor political judgement. I would hope that the officers of the Melrose Democratic Committee and the members of the Melrose Commision on Women address the blatant conflict of interest.

Sam Hammar is really good at one thing. Self-promotion.

Imagine the chutzpah - asking for donations to attend Emerge Massachusetts.

"I have been accepted into the Emerge Massachusetts program - an organization that teaches women how to run for office. This training is the first, sizable step towards being ready to run... and I could use some help.

There is a cost for the six-month program and although I haven't requested a scholarship, I'm asking for you, my friends and family, to please make a donation.

I will come back and ask for campaign contributions another time. Meanwhile, fund a future candidate that will work hard for working families, fund a woman running for office, fund me as I emerge."

Crystal Clear

"I have been accepted into the Emerge Massachusetts program - an organization that teaches women how to run for office. This training is the first, sizable step towards being ready to run... and I could use some help.

There is a cost for the six-month program and although I haven't requested a scholarship, I'm asking for you, my friends and family, to please make a donation.

I will come back and ask for campaign contributions another time. Meanwhile, fund a future candidate that will work hard for working families, fund a woman running for office, fund me as I emerge."

It's not like she was asking you for money you virulent retard. She just wanted to ceate an easy way for family and friends to help her out. You are a piece of trash

"You are assuming way too much. People who believe in civil rights for all and were horrified about the civil rights violation, and supported and spoke up for CKK and JDLaRock are voting for incumbants because they are the lesser evil. The republicans who are running are mostly crazy and worse, and still support Trump and his views. The republican candidates won't even admit to being republican and refuse to give answers about where they stand on the issues. You don't see much here about Don Conn, an old school republican who still believes in climate change and preserving the environment. The problem is the that the republicans who are running as well as Medeiros are the ones still clinging to those crazy theories like climate change is not real and that everyone who isn't white is evil. When deciding who to vote for, I am choosing the lesser evil. As for AS, you're right about her husband. But she is married to the guy and presumably supports his views. Just because she sounds better and is nicer does not give her a pass. One of the comments on here was out of line BUT when she is the one posting drivel refused by the local papers and pushing lies and name calling albeit through others or anonymously, she has to put on her adult pants and deal with it. Every liberal is a snowflake until republicans get called out on the substance. Then they immediately resort to playing the victim. Sound familiar?"

Nope and nope.
"People who believe in civil rights for all and were horrified about the civil rights violation, and supported and spoke up for CKK and JDLaRock are voting for incumbants because they are the lesser evil." That is rubbish. (and it's INCUMBENTS) CKK stood alone fighting for everyone else's children. None (as in NONE) of the local fake Dems ever once stepped up to stand with her in her many courageous stands. In fact frauds like JMcA actively fought against her, as did the frauds in the HRC, to say nothing of the fake Dem members of both the BOA and SC. The local party refused to back JDL after he stood firm with Monica regarding the Water and Sewer Rate extortion scheme still being pulled off by the city administration; we're all still paying the price for that continuing boondoggle. Blaming AS for the views of her husband take us back to the 1950s mentality. Shame on you! Oh and by the way, the state did find the local committee in violation and fined them, a drastic measure for a state government that rarely if ever holds political campaigns accountable. Furthermore, PM has been in office and has had a legal degree for many years and has no excuse for not knowing the rules.

Hey Nope, too funny. I remember a certain presidential candidate being vilified because of her husband's action. In case you can't remember her name starts with H and ends with Y. What's good for the goose . . .But that how it is with you Republican mindless drones. You tried to bring down Obama on morals and got nothing. Now you have a philanderer who assaults women, money grabber, who thinks he hit a homerun when he started at third plus. Now he is betraying us to the Russians and all his Secretaries and appointees are corrupt and dirty. Those on the religious right only care about morals when the target is black or a dem. If it's a scummy white guy, it's all ok. Tom Shattuck is as bad as the infowars guy. When you lie with dogs . . . She wanted to play dirty politics and got her comeuppance. She was the one that started. She not just a housewife, she is a capable person who is the vice-chair of more scuzzy people, tried dirty tricks and got her head handed to her. Repubs start stuff and then want to take their toys, go home and cry to Mommy/mommy substitutes about how unfair the big world is to little ol' me.

Dip S
Crystal Clear

It's not like she was asking you for money you virulent retard. She just wanted to ceate an easy way for family and friends to help her out. You are a piece of trash

Using the "R" word is ignorant, insulting and upsetting......my brother
was a man w/Down Syndrome. He was beautiful, loving and one of my greatest teachers.....I don't know Sam Hammar but if she has friends like you using this language, it makes me suspicious of her and anyone she calls " friends"! I am a lifelong democrat.

Dip S
It's not like she was asking you for money you virulent retard. She just wanted to ceate an easy way for family and friends to help her out. You are a piece of trash.

What a fool. You just confirmed that if she does manage to get herself elected to something, what we're going to get is more of the same bull$hit Dolan Dems constantly display. Thanks to you, I wouldn't vote for her for Fence Viewer.

Nope' s suggestion that you vote for flawed Trump republicans in lieu of flawed democrats or independents is the same reasoning that got Trump elected. A true supporter of civil rights would not vote ever for Trump or Trump endorsing candidates. Thinking Trump or those like him will improve things in those areas CKK criticized most (OCR) is delusional. There is a great deal of anger against democrats, understandably. But throwing democracy under the bus to spite bad democrats makes no sense. Things can be worse than now. There is never or very rarely an ideal candidate. Most of the time I hold my nose and vote. Even if no candidate is ideal, people should exercise their privilege and obligation to vote. Despite the compliments for Medeiros or DeLillo in terms of taxes, their views on women, people of color and those who are the most vulnerable in society are too awful for good people to ignore.

Not Stuck in the past
Nope' s suggestion that you vote for flawed Trump republicans in lieu of flawed democrats or independents is the same reasoning that got Trump elected.... There is never or very rarely an ideal candidate. Most of the time I hold my nose and vote. Even if no candidate is ideal, people should exercise their privilege and obligation to vote. Despite the compliments for Medeiros or DeLillo in terms of taxes, their views on women, people of color and those who are the most vulnerable in society are too awful for good people to ignore.

Interested in hearing if you ever sat down and spoke to Medeiros or DeLillo. Because if you have, there is no way you could walk away from them and say that they espouse "awful" views on woman, people of color, and the most vulnerable. What woman has a negative view on those topics?! I believe that DeLillo works at Perkins School for the Blind. Do you think she's lurking around corners waiting to trip vulnerable blind children?? Seriously. Get some facts.

To anyone linking anybody with an "R" after their name as Trump Republicans, that's an inane comment. Even if they did vote for Trump, not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, or a sexist, or an evil person, or even a member of the "basket of deplorables". Perhaps it was an anti-Hillary vote, ever think of that option? Personally, I would have voted for Biden if he ran, but that's another topic. In my view, Clinton lost because she was a terrible candidate, offered no palpable change from the past 12+ years and was essentially bathing in Wall Street money - as all politicians are. How can you change a system when your part of the problem. And really, why she didn't report leaked questions to a debate is beyond me. But I digress...

All across these pages you read posts of people hurling insults, demeaning nicknames, disparaging remarks on their views - since when did insulting or labeling people ever accomplish anything? When was the last time we persuaded anyone by insulting or badgering them? We have to stop thinking that our individual views on anything is the only view; stop disallowing people to articulate their opinion or position; stop thinking that a "R" candidate is out to set back mankind 1000 years. How? The answer is pretty darn simple: engage these people and have a conversation. Convince them of your views, then listen to what they have to say in return. But sadly, as a collective society, we have lost the art of civil conversation and debate. We have somehow come to a point that any opposing view is the wrong view. Perhaps, we've even lost the ability to admit we were wrong or the ability to have a truely open mind in order to enter a conversation or debate. I say this about both Democrats and Republicans. We have moved both parties so far from their original messages that both have moved toward extremism.

In my opinion, Medeiros and DeLillo want/wanted nothing but the opportunity to save the citizens some of their hard earned money from a seemingly out of touch administration. Throwing money at schools doesn't fix the problems, giving the mayor a 30 thousand dollar a year raise doesn't get you a better mayor, banning plastic bags in Melrose won't lower your carbon footprint, and stacking the Board of Aldermen doesn't fix and won't fix the problems that this city has.

So, let me see if I have this straight. In our "tolerant" and "utopian" Melrose, we want equal chances, opportunities and pay for women. Unless of course, they don't think like us, then, well, to hell with them...?

Kane

Dip S
Crystal Clear

She was asking for $$$ presumably from anyone willing to give. The text quoted above also mentioned something about instead of taking her out for wine or coffee, GIVE HER money for this. So her friends pay to take her out too???
If people want to help you out, they will OFFER. She is asking which is manipulative. If you're friendly with her, it makes it awkward if you don't want to or can't afford to give. Low class maneuver.

Sam Hammar, of the contrived alliteration, is awful. These types show up everywhere though. Sad.

Yes: the DNC was rigged to favor Hillary Clinton. [Vomit]