Alderman & City Politics
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alderman Mortimer

Hi Folks. In the last few days I have received many comments and input about the Ward 6 Alderman-at-Large race. It is impt for as many facts as possible to not only inform voters of saiient info, but also call our elected officials to task about misrepresentations. FYI -- Alderman Peter Mortimer related in a Free Press interview about his life pension and health insurance that he has served for 14 YEARS. In fact, it has been 14 TERMS for a total of 28 YEARS. Second, if it is not a conflict of interest with the State Ethics Commission, then it is certainly a no-no at the local level. That being that Ald. Mortimer serves as Treasurer of the Melrose Democratic Committee. Thx for reading.

Re: Alderman Mortimer

No-no at the local level? Puh- lease! How old are you? That's the best you got.? There is no rule or law violated. Not even an etiquette rule. Lol. Plus the guy was away at least two nights a week and more for 28 years, and you think they should get nothing? I'm not saying for life is good, but you and Alice Shattuck pulling this last minute attempt to smear him is pathetic. Really nervous for Nancy Lewis it seems. Funny Lewis won't admit to being republican, won't tell her views on any issues but has Alice Shattuck leader of the local Republican Party and you throwing mud on the eve of the election. Wow. No class among other things.

Re: Alderman Mortimer

Resident
No-no at the local level? Puh- lease! How old are you? That's the best you got.? There is no rule or law violated. Not even an etiquette rule. Lol. Plus the guy was away at least two nights a week and more for 28 years, and you think they should get nothing? I'm not saying for life is good, but you and Alice Shattuck pulling this last minute attempt to smear him is pathetic. Really nervous for Nancy Lewis it seems. Funny Lewis won't admit to being republican, won't tell her views on any issues but has Alice Shattuck leader of the local Republican Party and you throwing mud on the eve of the election. Wow. No class among other things.

What a load. PM has violated all kinds of things over many years, not the least of which involves stealing from every charitable org that has served meals, filling his plates (taking home, also) and walking away without ever paying. I don't care a whit what party NLewis belongs to since good local governance shouldn't have anything to do with party politics (the model that Monica has always held to). AS isn't "throwing mud," but merely reporting facts. Just like the Trump supporters, you local Dems couldn't care less about laws, rules, regulations because they were written for someone else, not your local corrupt organization. Speaking of no class, look to yourselves as the ignorant hate-mongering fools that you are.